Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
#RIP bamba the man.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Uhm, My Fucking Hero Academia?
Not sure but I think he meant this:

1 - One shot published
2 - Another completely different series being serialized
3 - Serialization of the first one shot.

Was MHA really like this? That would be a first for me as well.
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
Not sure but I think he meant this:

1 - One shot published
2 - Another completely different series being serialized
3 - Serialization of the first one shot.

Was MHA really like this? That would be a first for me as well.
Horikoshi's MHA oneshot came out in 2008.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Hori published the BnHA oneshot
serialized 2 different series that flopped
then serialized BnHA

I really want to read Tenko and Shinka Rhapsody oneshots
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
The MHA oneshot wasn't actually in WSJ, was it? I can't remember.
I really want to read Tenko and Shinka Rhapsody oneshots
FA translated the Shinka Rhapsody one shot, so you can still read it.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Regardless, the magazine wasn't part of the original question.
I'm sick and fucking tired of seeing people shout bullshit in a hostile and authoritative tone only to be wrong.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Ah, you're right, my bad.
 

UnspokenCoconut

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2013
Messages
51
Reaction score
45
Gender
Male
Country
Galactic Republic
Regardless, the magazine wasn't part of the original question.
I'm sick and fucking tired of seeing people shout bullshit in a hostile and authoritative tone only to be wrong.
Sorry to say this but I'm also sick and tired of seeing people shout and keep repeating something that might never happen. Most of us really hate that twitter/youtube guy whom have delusion about Bleach anime might be coming back but what so funny is that some people here (might be the same people that despise that guy) keep dreaming and talking about the serialization of generic manga called Galaxy Gangs. =.="
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Back in the day I thought Lock On!! was good, and wonder why it only has ~16 chapters before I knew it was a WSJ's series. Same thing with Ane Doki (2009). :facepalm
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
what's up with Lock On tho

almost 8k followers on mal for a manga that was cancelled with 2 volume?!!

it has more followers than f***ing Saint Seiya

is there's something I'm missing?
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
1 - One shot published
2 - Another completely different series being serialized
3 - Serialization of the first one shot.
Yeah, I refer to this.

Horikoshi's MHA oneshot came out in 2008.
Ok. This took me by surprise. Thanks for answering the question. Haven't it been other cases in the same vein?
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sorry to say this but I'm also sick and tired of seeing people shout and keep repeating something that might never happen. Most of us really hate that twitter/youtube guy whom have delusion about Bleach anime might be coming back but what so funny is that some people here (might be the same people that despise that guy) keep dreaming and talking about the serialization of generic manga called Galaxy Gangs. =.="
What's the issue? If you don't like it that's completely fine. No need to shout out your opinion like it's a fact.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Sorry to say this but I'm also sick and tired of seeing people shout and keep repeating something that might never happen. Most of us really hate that twitter/youtube guy whom have delusion about Bleach anime might be coming back but what so funny is that some people here (might be the same people that despise that guy) keep dreaming and talking about the serialization of generic manga called Galaxy Gangs. =.="
Optimism is better than being an idiot feigning expertise.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
My Hero Academia Season 2 New PV :
Bones is pushing it. They're doing Kekkai Sensen S2 and MHA S2 next season. Kekkai Sensen has impressive art/animation too but I think Bones will mess up Kekkai Sensen since they're prob. overly confident with how it'll sell based on it's huge success from season 1.

Maybe I'm underestimating them but regardless Academia S2 looks very promising.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
At least it won't be like last year when they had 3 anime ongoing, while also working on Mob Psycho 100. I think it should be fine. I'm still iffy on Kekkai Sensen since it won't be the same director, and the directing was such a big part of why I liked it so much.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
At least it won't be like last year when they had 3 anime ongoing, while also working on Mob Psycho 100. I think it should be fine. I'm still iffy on Kekkai Sensen since it won't be the same director, and the directing was such a big part of why I liked it so much.
O yea I remember that. Same, I'm a bit skeptical on Kekkai Sensen. I haven't heard a lot of great things about the new director.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I remember enjoying Lock On!, though I don't remember exactly why myself. I think it was mostly the premise, it came out around the time I starting to try out a bigger variety of manga so a series about photography got me interested.

What's the Lock On guy doing now anyway? Any recent oneshots or whatever?
 

UnspokenCoconut

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2013
Messages
51
Reaction score
45
Gender
Male
Country
Galactic Republic
Optimism is better than being an idiot feigning expertise.
To said the thing that you wish as an optimism but the thing that he wish as something idoitic is quite hypocritical.

What's the issue? If you don't like it that's completely fine. No need to shout out your opinion like it's a fact.
The issue was and is "people" keep repeating about the serialization of Galaxy Gangs almost every weeks since last year to the point its feels annoying and unbearable. Like we get it you think Galaxy Gangs is the best one-shot ever written or something like that, but keep repating it here won't make your wish come true. Seriously, why he need to serialize Galaxy Gangs if he can come-up with a better series and better use of his potential?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top