Movies The Movie Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
@yonie- if they ever make a live-action gundam movie, rest assured that it's wond be as good as the anime...they'll never get the feel right....and they'll always change things around just to make it more appealing to the general audience, thus betraying the expectations of the hardcore fans... and on that note, ill be watching transformers tommorrow...i'm preparing myself to be disappointed...
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
i was always looking at stratam as agent47. but that'd be overexposure for the same genre, not too good. a bald clive owen would be great. also daniel craig. all those silent type badasses. keanu too.

@l4pb: what i want to see is the realism of a fictional robot and it's battles, and gawd did transformers convince.
megatron PWNED them all!!! total pwning!
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
hm...i'm a big G1 fan..though the movie may be visually stunning, the design for the bots (in the live action movie) will always look like dismanteled electric razors to me...
 

the_hellbringer

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2006
Messages
389
Reaction score
10
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
hm...i'm a big G1 fan..though the movie may be visually stunning, the design for the bots (in the live action movie) will always look like dismanteled electric razors to me...
the look like bionicles
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
EXACTLY! god! i knew they looked like a ripoff of something! lol
 

Misury

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
262
Reaction score
29
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Switzerland
Today I was in the cinema with my lil'sister, we saw Shrek the Third. It's not a movie I wanted to see at all, however.. it was funny.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
it's still showing there? or just now? anyway the third is indeed funny... but i like the previous two more
 

the_hellbringer

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2006
Messages
389
Reaction score
10
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
I preffer the first one... the second one was ok... but level4paperboy the third... I mean, Shrek the Third wan't nearly as good as the other movies.
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
er? i didn't like the 3rd one either...too damn preachy....
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
I preffer the first one... the second one was ok... but level4paperboy the third... I mean, Shrek the Third wan't nearly as good as the other movies.
i think you must be thinking l4pb dressed up as shrek too :XD
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
the only thing in shrek 3 that i REALLY laughed at was when
the cat did his pretty eye trick but it didnt work cause he was donkey :smile-big
that had me chuckle big time!
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
:yelling WTF!?!?......................................................................

...............................

it costs too much to gress up like shrek...the green body paint alone will take up most of my salary....i'm dead set on dressing up like homer for the simpsons movie though! :D
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
so green paint costs more than yellow? :smile-big
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
i;m not gonna paint myself yellow! ;-_- i'm just gonna wear a white collared shirt, blue jeans, and brown shoes.....i'm already bald so i don't need to shave...

body paint! that stuff is expensive! not to mention that i have freakishly sensitive skin....i can't use anything thats not hypoallergenic on my skin...:scry
 

Misury

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
262
Reaction score
29
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Switzerland
it's still showing there? or just now?
it's still showing here.. remember, we have to synchronize it before it comes to the cinema.. ;) But I think it's someting like the last week, Don't know exactly.
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yeah, I didn't want to see Shrek either, but I must say, it was much better than I thought. I Laughed Out Loud and some parts, too.
 

the_hellbringer

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2006
Messages
389
Reaction score
10
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
i;m not gonna paint myself yellow! ;-_- i'm just gonna wear a white collared shirt, blue jeans, and brown shoes.....i'm already bald so i don't need to shave...

body paint! that stuff is expensive! not to mention that i have freakishly sensitive skin....i can't use anything thats not hypoallergenic on my skin...:scry
I'm painting myself yellow... but only the face and arms. Not the whole body.

I'm still thinking if I should shave my head or just use a yellow swimming cap
 

Paper

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
3,814
Reaction score
252
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
lol....i don't want to paint myself....more like i can't...:scry
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I'm painting myself yellow... but only the face and arms. Not the whole body.

I'm still thinking if I should shave my head or just use a yellow swimming cap
A yellow swimming cap is a really good idea, lol.
 

Azurel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
1,334
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
I caught 'The Girl Who Leapt Through Time'. It was released in Japan in 2006 but it only premiers here recently. I watch in on the first day it was released and there were less than 20 people in the theatre. :s When I first saw the animation, I practically went WTF?! Coz I thought it was a typical anime but the animation is totally different. It's basically a 2D drawing animated on a real life 2D or 3D background so the whole thing looks kinda bizarre to me. Have anyone else watch it?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top