Final Best Plot Twist of 2016

Best Plot Twist of 2016

  • Shingeki no Kyojin

  • Yakusoku no Neverland


The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,787
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Final Round​




​
Shingeki no Kyojin​
-
Yakusoko no Neverland​

Shingeki no Kyojin: The fact that there are humans living outside of the wall
Yakusoku no Neverland: Ray being a spy

Use this thread to vote for the Best Plot Twist of 2016.

Final Round Voting Rules
  • The nominees will fight in a 1v1 combat
  • You can only vote for one nominee
  • You are allowed to change your vote
  • The nominee with the most votes will be the winner
  • This round is open for 7 days


The voting round will end Sunday, April 16th, 2017. Please choose 1 option.

One Piece: Pudding's True Personality - 8 nominations
Yakusoku no Neverland: Ray being a Spy - 5 nominations
Boku no Hero Academia: Himiko impersonating Camie taking Deku's blood - 4 nominations
Fairy Tail: Irene being the creator of Dragon Slayer Magic - 4 nominations
Shingeki no Kyojin: The fact that there are humans living outside of the wall - 4 nominations
Tokyo Ghoul:re: Arima being the One Eyed King - 4 nominations


Berserk: Meeting the Fairy King - 3 nominations
Fairy Tail: Irene being a Dragon - 2 nominations
Hunter X Hunter: Death of Shalnark and Kortopi - 2 nominations
Hunter X Hunter: Hisoka Nen's ability brings him back from the dead - 2 nominations
Magi: Sinbad tricking Ugo and becoming god - 2 nominations
Shokugeki no Souma: The elite ten ousting the director and forming central - 2 nominations
Yakusoko no Neverland: The orphanage being a farm - 2 nominations
Ajin: Satou throwing himself inside the shredder, so that his body parts can get inside the sealed building through a delivery service, camouflaged as chicken pieces. - 1 nomination
Boku no Hero Academia: Kemi being Toga - 1 nomination
Fairy Tail: Irene being Erza's mother - 1 nomination
Fairy Tail: Larcade being a Dragneel - 1 nomination
Hunter X Hunter: Hisoka Nen's message - 1 nomination
Nisekoi: Tsugumi becoming a model - 1 nomination
One Punch Man: Some dissaster level monster was actually a human transform into a monster - 1 nomination
Shingeki no Kyojin: Zeke being the son of Grisha - 1 nomination
Shokugeki no Souma: Jouichirou left Totsuki on his own will because of the pressure he couldn't handle - 1 nomination
Shokugeki no Souma: Jouichirou's introduction of the Regiment de Cuisine - 1 nomination
Tokyo Ghoul:re: Furuta being a member of the Washuu Family - 1 nomination
Tokyo Ghoul:re: Hirako joining Kaneki - 1 nomination
Tokyo Ghoul:re: Uta revealing himself as the Gas Mask #86 ghoul while greeting Donato Porporra as a follow Pierrot. - 1 nomination
Vinland Saga: Thorfinn is considered a canditate/heir to lead the Jomsvikings - 1 nomination

Shingeki no Kyojin: The fact that there are humans living outside of the wall - 19 votes
Fairy Tail: Irene being the creator of Dragon Slayer Magic - 13 votes
Boku no Hero Academia: Himiko impersonating Camie taking Deku's blood - 14 votes

Yakusoku no Neverland: Ray being a Spy - 12 votes
Tokyo Ghoul:re: Arima being the One Eyed King - 6 votes
One Piece: Pudding's True Personality - 10 votes

Post questions and comments to the 2017 Manga Awards Info Thread
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Irina_mashiro_22

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2016
Messages
199
Reaction score
896
Country
Fairy Tail
@Irina_mashiro_22
Irene being a dragon
and
Irene being the creator of Dragon Slayer magic
are counted as two separate plot twists. You'll have to drop one of your nominations as you currently have four.
i do... :hmm ah ok... :whistle

Fairy Tail
- Irene being a dragon
- Irene being the creator of Dragon Slayer magic​
The Promised Neverland
-Orphanage being a farm​

how about now..????
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
I nominate

Arima being the OEK

@Lambu @WithYouInSpirit shame on two you for not nominating this:mad


Zeke being the son of Grisha

Irene being the inventor of DS Magic
 
Last edited:

MonkeyD-Dragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2016
Messages
551
Reaction score
2,328
Age
27
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Pudding revealing her real colors

Humanity exists outside the walls

Arima being the OEK
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
@natsulucy Omg, you are right! :facepalm
That actually was the biggest twist of the series this last year, its just TG had SO many twists that I dont know which one is better anymore.

Sooo... ninja update!! :arf

I support Yakusoku no Neverland with
Ray being a spy: (ch.12)

add one new nomination for Tokyo Ghoul :re
Mutsuki is revealed to be a psychotic murderer (ch.79)

and support this aswell from One Piece
Pudding's true personality
I change my nomination for Tokyo Ghoul :re with this one from the same series:

Arima being the One Eyed King
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
Puddings true colors and the wedding plan

Ray is a spy

Thorfinn is considered a canditate/heir to lead the Jomsvikings
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I nominate Ajin

Satou throwing himself inside the shredder, so that his body parts can get inside the sealed building through a delivery service, camouflaged as chicken pieces.


That was so nuts, yet incredible in a twisted kind of way :XD

Seconding these two.
Supporting these two as well.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,688
Reaction score
61,399
Gender
Male
Country
France
Hisoka's Nen massage.

:coolstory

Humans living outside the walls. Though what surprised me the most was the fact that they were so far ahead, with planes and stuff.

Kemi being Toga.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,688
Reaction score
61,399
Gender
Male
Country
France
Hisoka's Nen massage.

:coolstory

Humans living outside the walls. Though what surprised me the most was the fact that they were so far ahead, with planes and stuff.

Kemi being Toga.

I will change my SnK nomination for the Magi one here:

Magi
Sinbad tricking Ugo and becoming god
Berserk
The fairy king actually being the fairy queen
Shokugeki no Souma
The elite 10 ousting the director and forming central
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,787
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I'm torn between the Attack on Titan and BnHA plot twists here. I might change my vote, but currently I feel like AoT had the better plot twist there.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
That's how I feel too, didn't see the BHA twist coming at all. A twist doesn't always have to be groundbreaking to be very well done.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,787
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
It did have a better twist in the hand scheme of things, but in terms of shock or surprise, BnHA gets the vote for me.
That's how I feel too, didn't see the BHA twist coming at all. A twist doesn't always have to be groundbreaking to be very well done.
Yeah I agree, you don't need it to be groundbreaking to be a good plot twist, but the shock/surprise is definitely needed and I think looking back BnHA had more of that so I've changed my vote.

I voted for the FT plot twist because it triggered me. Edit - so I probably shouldn't vote...
But a lot of things trigger you :P
With the Irene plot twist, it was nice to have it fill in some holes in the history with Dragon Slayer magic and the Dragon King Festival but I feel like it, and a lot of the Alvarez arc, have been lacking. In this case, it was the shock/surprise.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Dammit this is a tough choice... I love both twists in Neverland and Tokyo Ghoul, but Tokyo Ghoul's has had more lasting effects.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
Even if Im a big fan of Tokyo Ghoul I chose Neverland's plot twist because
I still think the Arima thingy could have been managed better, it was astounding and hype, yes, but I have my issues with the details. Neverland's plot twist was a lesser in terms of impact but it made Ray's character development skyrocket and open a whole lot of possibilities in the plot line
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Even if Im a big fan of Tokyo Ghoul I chose Neverland's plot twist because
I still think the Arima thingy could have been managed better, it was astounding and hype, yes, but I have my issues with the details. Neverland's plot twist was a lesser in terms of impact but it made Ray's character development skyrocket and open a whole lot of possibilities in the plot line
And thus Lambu shows me his divine guiding light once more. Your point on Tokyo Ghoul's Plot Twist jogged my memory. I agree that it
sort of crudded on Arima's character a bit. I mean it was great in terms of setup for Kaneki ascending to the throne of the One Eyed King in his place, but Arima's whole history with Eto seemed a little forced to be honest.
And so, I shall join you in voting for Neverland here.
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Why did all the worst parts of TG:re from 2016 end up as competitors for best ones? :rant

Neverland's listed plot twist wasn't really amazing in my opinion, so I voted for One Piece. I doubt any of the plot twists from Group B can rival the winner from last round, though...
 

Battou

⎲⎳
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 11, 2015
Messages
2,501
Reaction score
8,347
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
Neverland's listed plot twist wasn't really amazing in my opinion, so I voted for One Piece. I doubt any of the plot twists from Group B can rival the winner from last round, though...
Same to me, it was actually really predictable in my eyes, both neverland twist here.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yakusoku had better twist tbh, but I saw the Shingeki one coming miles away and it was executed rather meh in my eyes... so Yakusoku it is.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top