Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Things are changing a lot in Jump while World Trigger is away and I think it is getting harder for it to survive if it ever comes back.

I caught up with Haikyuu today and whenever I see any glimpse of women's volleyball I think that they should do a spin-off about it. Chapter 246 CP was one of those moments... Furudate Haruichi really does know how to draw girls AND girls with volleyball uniform.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
RxL chapter 2 is out. Another solid chapter. Robo's friend would be insanely annoying in real life though.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
I swear these damn best friend characters. Yuuta in Poro and this guy in RxL are both unbearable...

Still, the chapter was much of the same. Its decent enough.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
The generation of miracle sure can do anything huh. From Sumo to Golf :derp. What's next, Volleyball? Haikyuu x KnB crossover when.
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
World Trigger will be cancaled after 3-4 of the new mangas start ranking.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I loved how Robo gave the exact same response that most people would when asked why they don't want to play golf.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Kinda surprised some people didn't like MHA's chapter this week, not just on here but like Youtube comments too. It thought it was good but people are slamming Deku's character growth, not sure why. It's like people want Deku to be completed in his character development so he can either regress or plateau till the end of series. Shippuden's last episode was cool but for a final episode of a long running successful anime it was kinda weak, why the hell did SP focus on Iruka of all people...? But I'll watch Boruto in two weeks regardless. Lastly, recent Neverland was good but I'm not sure why I feel like I could be enjoying Neverland more than I am, like I see alot of people love it but I don't know if I think it's overrated a bit or I'm just seeing not seeing why so many love it. I'll still follow though, could be thinking too much about it lol
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kinda surprised some people didn't like MHA's chapter this week, not just on here but like Youtube comments too. It thought it was good but people are slamming Deku's character growth, not sure why. It's like people want Deku to be completed in his character development so he can either regress or plateau till the end of series. Lastly, recent Neverland was good but I'm not sure why I feel like I could be enjoying Neverland more than I am, like I see alot of people love it but I don't know if I think it's overrated a bit or I'm just seeing not seeing why so many love it. I'll still follow though, could be thinking too much about it lol
I didn't really hate what happened in the MHA chapter this week it just felt like a missed opportunity that could've given Deku more development. I don't read Neverland but from what I've seen it's TOC rankings are sporadic, when it's not a reveal chapter it ranks low as from what I've been told, makes it seem like the magic it once had is starting to run out.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Don't be surprised, people don't like his archetype
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I didn't really hate what happened in the MHA chapter this week it just felt like a missed opportunity that could've given Deku more development. I don't read Neverland but from what I've seen it's TOC rankings are sporadic, when it's not a reveal chapter it ranks low as from what I've been told, makes it seem like the magic it once had is starting to run out.
Yeah that's how I feel about Neverland, sporadic. I enjoy and look forward to MHA consistently week to week, even Yuragi sometimes more than TPN but the series is still cool to me. Guess when the events heat up it'll be better for me.

Don't be surprised, people don't like his archetype
Cause he's not a Goku or even a Naruto (except for his dream of being the #1 public figure) to an extent. I think that's why I appreciate his character more or how the way Hori is writing him. He really is boring but I like how he goes about things and uses his head which isn't the norm for mcs. Until AM dies he's gonna have moments like these, he's like his father or his god that he's been looking up to all his life, it's understandable.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Midoriya uses his head... Man, this is wrong in so many ways. hahaha
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
In this day and age where people take to liking the more cocky confident mcs or the edgy ones, a more emotional one can be seen as annoying or off putting. They're not wrong either, it's just a matter of preference. I do like Deku though for his intellect and pure heart.
 
Last edited:

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Well it does seem like he tried to use his head more than other shounen main characters who usually just punch everything to solve their problems (Natsu, Luffy, Goku, for example). Although recently it seems like everything Deku has been doing is making mistakes and getting punished (Hideout Raid, vs Bakugou, and now the incident with Overhaul). I'm starting to miss Deku and co. fighting villains and kicking ass.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What are you guys favorite Jump first chapter? Naruto first chap for me, really great
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Naruto, certainly. Naruto was so good at its beginning that I dare to say that it was better than One Piece.

Bakuman and Koisome Momiji are honorable mentions.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,295
Reaction score
7,327
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Ass Class from recent years, though I have no idea what my favourite one ever would be.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Naruto definitely was a good one. I can't really remember any outstanding first chapter now that I think of it, but a recent one for me was Mitsukubi Condor, but I'll talk about that one later.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
From recent memory, Assassination Classroom and My Hero Academia. Outside of those, there are too many to pick a favourite.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Naruto, Seikimatsu Leader Den Takeshi, Slam Dunk & One Piece.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Don't be surprised, people don't like his archetype
If only people would just admit it instead of just blaming the writing all the time. If you don't like an archetype then it really doesn't matter how well a character is written with the most famous example being Shinji Ikari who people still can stand despite how the show hammers through how his life sucks and how he can't function like everyone else.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top