Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Of Jump series though? It's not common at all for one cour adaptions in this regard. Practically every Jump series ever has had this problem, and it's not limited to them.

Based on guesses, yes. But it's as far as they can go without getting themselves stuck in the middle of an arc, unable to finish it in the allotted episodes. It's called logic.

Could you reword that last bit? I don't understand what you mean.
Sure. I meant that the currently manga arc is not finished, so we do not know how many chapters it will have.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Imo it's not about uniqueness but execution, but I see where you're coming from
the Jump Giga miniseries that was listed on the thread earlier makes me excited because a lot of the mangakas I'm hyped for are not in it
so I'm hoping that this means they're preparing for a manga in the main magazine

Genki Ono, Shuuhei Tanizaki, Mitsuki Nagata are all better battle shonen writers than Takamasa Moue and Kei Minori imo
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Remember Tokyo Kigo Tanpou? if this sells they will give it a full series

whatever happened to Tokyo Kigo Tanpou btw? did they ever resume its serialization?
I forgot that even existed, if it isn't coming back in the new Giga then I wouldn't get your hopes up. It was a really weird series anyway, although it did make me feel better for having no idea what any of the words meant because I'm pretty sure most Japanese people didn't either.
At least this reminded me Higuma existed, I'll see if I can get that and maybe that iron demon oneshot I liked from the first Giga translated if I have time which I might not because gonna try and do more KJ.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I forgot that even existed, if it isn't coming back in the new Giga then I wouldn't get your hopes up. It was a really weird series anyway, although it did make me feel better for having no idea what any of the words meant because I'm pretty sure most Japanese people didn't either.
At least this reminded me Higuma existed, I'll see if I can get that and maybe that iron demon oneshot I liked from the first Giga translated if I have time which I might not because gonna try and do more KJ.
I'm hoping for news on it the next Giga and hoping for another Neverland prequel omake
I see you're a man of culture as well
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
How long is Giga running this time around
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
So many interesting events happen when I go to sleep lol. 3 full pages worth of stuffs to read.

Poro most likely has double digits ranking. Although if Spring Weapon N1 becomes it stepping stone then I'll be a lil bit sad.

Gold and WWW never translated if I remember correctly, so let's see what's Kei Monri is capable of.

Don't like volume 5 cover of Yuragi, I waited 3 months for Hibari? :bored
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Gonna have to wait another 3 months for the next volume too, looks like there's no volume scheduled for June. :(
and yet Kimetsu no Yaibe volume 6 is slay for May 2nd. I KNEW IT!! Shuiesha realizes Yuragi will sell for half a million copies/volume, that's what they are holding it back. They don't want it to become a flagship title. :ck :biblethump
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
What's the most successful mainly ecchi manga in Japan at the moment?

TLR? Prison School? before aiming at half a million beat those in sales first

I know you're joking but I don't think ecchi manga have the potential to grow past 300k~400k sales
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
What's the most successful mainly ecchi manga in Japan at the moment?

TLR? Prison School? before aiming at half a million beat those in sales first
Should be TLR but Prison School is a close second. Prison School pre-anime sales was about ~100k/volume, and post-anime sale is ~250k/volumes

Darkness early volumes peaked at 300k with volumes range about 200k-250k
130,735 To LOVE-Ru Darkness vol.1

215,912 To LOVE-Ru Darkness vol.2

279,317 To LOVE-Ru Darkness vol.3

298,793 To LOVE-ru Darkness Vol.7

212,423 To LOVE-ru Darkness Vol.11

136,832 To LOVE-ru Darkness Vol.12

42,242 To LOVE-ru Darkness Vol.12 Limited Edition

281,377 To LOVE-ru Darkness Vol.14

213,360 To LOVE-ru Darkness Vol.15

If you count the first half of Mahou Sensei Negima as ecchi com, then that reached half a million and has 20 million in print/38 volumes. Yuragi has higher sales then the original TLR before the anime, so I do think it has the potential to go from 100~150k to 250k~300k after the anime. Half a million would be pretty rad though :p
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
^I feel ashamed I read and liked that series. The aunt is the best girl smh and it got pretty hot when she "tested" on her nephew...

@giathuan2707 hibari ain't too bad, just ain't nothing too special
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Just caught up to yuragi, yuuna is best girl and she deserves mc. Rest of the girls are trash to ok. also what day do the color chapters get scanlated? if theyre regularly scanlated then i might wait to read those instead of the original releases.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I've been in a constant state of catching up to Yuragi for ages. I need to get back on track! Also, you're wrong, Sagiri is best girl :hip
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Just caught up to yuragi, yuuna is best girl and she deserves mc. Rest of the girls are trash to ok. also what day do the color chapters get scanlated? if theyre regularly scanlated then i might wait to read those instead of the original releases.
Usually when korean scans release, so Thursday-Friday.
 

RubyR91

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2015
Messages
126
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I've been in a constant state of catching up to Yuragi for ages. I need to get back on track! Also, you're wrong, Sagiri is best girl :hip
I think Sagiri is the best as well. She's a stereotypical tsundere but it's a breath of fresh air when she blames the ones at fault when Kogarashi gets into generic ecchi situations. Her cousin on the other hand is the worst:mono
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Might as well ask for y'all ranks for best to worst girls since it's on topic:
  1. Sagiri
  2. Oboro
  3. Yuuna
  4. Chisaki
  5. Hibari
  6. Yaya
  7. Big boob chick
Not ranking the lolis, I'll pass. Chisaki gets better every time she gets focus but it's Sagiri, Oboro and everyone else.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top