Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
English Jump is out now, it says they'll have a new series joining the lineup next week but doesn't reveal what it is (they're also still asking for votes so I'm guessing they're still decided on the others).
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
English Jump is out now, it says they'll have a new series joining the lineup next week but doesn't reveal what it is (they're also still asking for votes so I'm guessing they're still decided on the others).
Most likely We Never Learn since its ranking well
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I bet it's Robot x Laserbeam.

Or as I'll keep saying regardless, "Give me Kimetsu!".
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I doubt it will be RxL considering how unpopular sports series are. Unless the success of Haikyuu made them decide to give it a chance.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
To Love-Ru 4 volumes: 1 million
Not that I doubt you but really? I am always under the impression that pre-anime Yuragi did way better than pre anime To Love Ru. It means To Love Ru didn't increase in sale during and post anime. Wish I still keep the advertisement on TLR volume :p

159,028 To-LOVE-Ru vol.11

157,866 To-LOVE-Ru vol.12

148,441 To-LOVE-Ru vol.13

106,207 To-LOVE-Ru vol.14

28,217 To-LOVE-Ru vol.14 with OVA

129,490 To-LOVE-Ru vol.15

36,332 To-LOVE-Ru vol.15 with OVA

102,242 To-LOVE-Ru vol.16

88,709 To-LOVE-Ru vol.17

31,631 To-LOVE-Ru vol.17 with OVA

126,490 To-LOVE-Ru vol.18

71,995 To-LOVE-Ru vol.18 with OVA

All 4 volumes of Yuragi range about 120k~150k most likely.
 

WesKR

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
168
Reaction score
105
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I don't think it'll be Robot, they've already confirmed they're adding multiple series so they'll take their time and wait for reception while they catch us up on the first series they add.
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
Here we have an interesting response to the question: "How much can an author actually push their own ideas when it comes to anime adaptions?". Courtesy of the segment The Answerman, at ANN:

It really depends on several factors: the biggest one is how open the show's production staff is to the whims of the original creator. Some production committees and directors come to the table with a pretty well-formed idea of what the show would look like, and aren't going to adjust much without a good reason, especially from someone that might be the creator but doesn't know how to make a TV show. Some original creators are reasonable, but many have no idea how hard it is to do what they're asking.

Other factors include the personalities of the creators, and how powerful they are. Famous and popular creators hold a lot more sway and wield a lot more control over their work, while neophyte creators are kept insulated from the show production. Japanese business in general tries to build consensus, so the production committee will spend a lot of time trying to make sure everyone's happy.
Link here: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2017-04-03/.114258
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I hope it is "We never learn" for the start, then Poro and then RxL. :D
These three would be the best outcome.

Now that I think about it, it is truly remarkable how a terrible series like Nisekoi performed that well, guess people have really terrible standards considering who won in the end.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yeah... They'll serialize We Can't Study or Poro instead of Dr. Stone and Laserbeam.

Makes perfectly sense. haha
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Yabuki Kentaro talked about To Love Ru ending in vol 18 of the series, there only seems to be a google translation out so far by the looks of it and I'm too slow of a reader in Japanese to do a proper readthrough myself but by the sound of it I think he wasn't getting along with writer too well any more and he wants to do a magical girl series next (something unrelated to To Love Ru).



I kind of want to see it in wsj, if only because it'd be interesting seeing a magical girl series in the WSJ style (I feel like it'll probably end up being a Jump+ thing though).
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
~Already imagining the scenes where the magical girls transform~
At least he will have an excuse to make them stark naked, it is almost the standard way to transform to magical girl. :derp
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Yabuki Kentaro talked about To Love Ru ending in vol 18 of the series, there only seems to be a google translation out so far by the looks of it and I'm too slow of a reader in Japanese to do a proper readthrough myself but by the sound of it I think he wasn't getting along with writer too well any more and he wants to do a magical girl series next (something unrelated to To Love Ru).



I kind of want to see it in wsj, if only because it'd be interesting seeing a magical girl series in the WSJ style (I feel like it'll probably end up being a Jump+ thing though).
There is a google translate version of it (lol). It doesn't say anything about him having quarrel with the writer. It says he doesn't want to only draw TLR anymore, and would like to end it sometime after the 10th anniversary (which is last year)

To Love-Ru" Darkness "Darkness" Originally I came up with my own selfish and made a blot and started spinning off Haseyami again, but as a result it has the same number of turns as no mark, and the number of years to serial last longer than no mark Now

I appreciate it sincerely thanks to your support. I would like to talk a bit about the circumstances leading up to completion to everyone who came up to here.

I decided to quit, I told Mr. Haseyami and the staff concerned about 5 S in June 2016 which celebrated the 10th anniversary. There are several reasons for this, but first of all, we can draw the story that can be done as "Darkness" by Momo and Yami who were conceived from the beginning in this episode.

Another thing was that I thought that it would be better to cool down around here a bit because the author and the reader were too used to inflation. Furthermore, it is the same as Muji, but 18 no ban ... not 18 volumes

In other words, it was the best to finish the 10th anniversary and finished here ... Many officials, editor-in chief, got an understanding.

I wanted to keep drawing manga without break I also had a painful part, but it was only judgment that I would not go on to keep dark "darkness" while carefully treating the work.

I think that the next work will be a work other than "To Love-Ru" for the moment, but for me it's no longer a "To Love-Ru" world like my house.

Since I'm thinking about the idea like "Magical girl thing" whose main role is being expanded and the leading role of beauty (lol) I honestly feel that I wish there are places and timing to let me draw someday.

Someday again…! "To Love-Ru" is immortal if everyone keeps supporting !! Thank you in the future! Kentaro Yabuki

Or he doesn't like Momo :nuts.
 
Last edited:

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah... They'll serialize We Can't Study or Poro instead of Dr. Stone and Laserbeam.

Makes perfectly sense. haha
I see them more serializing We Can't Study and RxL over Poro and DR. Stone. Kuroko and Haikyuu sell/sold pretty well so they'd likely at least give RxL a shot; We can't study seems like it be a given considering it ranks relatively well currently, especially considering it's only officially been ranked twice. This is just my thoughts on it but We can't study also appeals to young women as well as young boys so the likely hood for a broader range for making profit would attract anyone to want to serialize it.

This is just my overall thoughts on it but I actually can't see Dr. Stone staying around for to long after it starts getting ranked, and no I don't mean by bad rankings, more of a limited area the writer could possible go in without it get majorly boring.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Viz just needs to go ahead and add series to the magazine, nobody will ever know.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I see them more serializing We Can't Study and RxL over Poro and DR. Stone. Kuroko and Haikyuu sell/sold pretty well so they'd likely at least give RxL a shot; We can't study seems like it be a given considering it ranks relatively well currently, especially considering it's only officially been ranked twice. This is just my thoughts on it but We can't study also appeals to young women as well as young boys so the likely hood for a broader range for making profit would attract anyone to want to serialize it.

This is just my overall thoughts on it but I actually can't see Dr. Stone staying around for to long after it starts getting ranked, and no I don't mean by bad rankings, more of a limited area the writer could possible go in without it get majorly boring.
I'm assuming you never ever read eyeshield 21 right?

It's amazing how people rush themselves saying stuff like: "I can't see this going anywhere but my only thoughts" lol.

Dr. Stone is pretty much the series that have more room to improvement (universe-wise) of all 6 lol.

We Can't Study will continue the fanservice, appellative stuff that we are seeing.
Poro will depend of this rank. But I think each chapter will be independent.
Marie I don't have the slighest idea. This manga makes no sense at all and I love it.
Robot x Laserbeam does not matter. It's safer than any other new series.
 
Last edited:

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm assuming you never ever read eyeshield 21 right?
You are correct I'm assuming your asking that in regards to the second half. I stand by what I said with what's be provided in regards to both presented plot and alluded to plot points. This is still just a rough estimate about it's future but the way I see the series going: 4/5th level it's first ranking (maybe a rank higher or lower), 7/9th second ranking, be upper middle rank zone through it's run, first volume doing moderately well in sales, have maybe 42 volumes in total(and that's being generous), a small number of light novels, possible an anime/anime-movie/live action movie down the road.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
The two new series I'm looking forward too are Hungry Marie (Because of chapter 5) and Robot x Laserbeam (end of chapter 3), and no i'm not from the Venerate Veterans club.

The other two current translated series We Never Learn/Dr Stone I am currently reading because they are being translated. I've already stated the reasons for both series. Poro looks kinda interested from the raw.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top