Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire


Shonen Jump: tell us what manga did you like so we can put in the intro for your oneshot
Kuromori Climb artist: *oh shit, I should use this opportunity kiss up to the magazine as much as possible* I like Dragon Ball, One piece, Hunter x Hunter, Naruto, I's, Ichigo 100
Shonen Jump: and you Mr. writer?
Kuromori Climb writer: Bokurano, Dungeon Meshi, MAPS, Hunter x Hunter

lol, I like this guy already, nice taste, he knows what Maps is so I'm wondering how old is he
 

Shinji Hirako

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
133
Reaction score
196
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Legacy is being released in the West Autumn 2017. It includes Storm 1,2,3: Full Burst and 4: Road to Boruto. Also it includes an exclusive metal case, art book and bonus anime disk. Storm Trilogy is also coming out which just includes 1-3: Full Burst but that will be a digital only game.

Storm Legacy trailer:
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
No veteran series getting ranked this week right?

Who will be lower on toc? U19, We Can't Study or Poro?
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
English jump has the same next issue preview as last week, saying another new series will join the lineup but not revealing what it is yet.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
ESJ is out. Another new series will be joining the lineup next week. Take your bets.
Edit: ninja'd
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Legacy is being released in the West Autumn 2017. It includes Storm 1,2,3: Full Burst and 4: Road to Boruto. Also it includes an exclusive metal case, art book and bonus anime disk. Storm Trilogy is also coming out which just includes 1-3: Full Burst but that will be a digital only game.

Storm Legacy trailer:
what a nice way to squeeze another $60 from my wallet :ck.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The BLack Clover color page is....





The most legendary thing ever and the chapter, the chapter is easily one of jumps best in years. Yuno and Dorksta on the same stage and looking at each other and excitement. Why did it take this long to get a definitive manga in JUMP. And the color is perfect. I love viz for not having the promo garbage all on color pages and covers.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Viz is still doing annoying things with their magazine, the website version of the magazine is up but the app version (which I find a lot better to read) hasn't updated yet (at least for me). I wish they'd just pick one time and updated everything consistently each week.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Viz is still doing annoying things with their magazine, the website version of the magazine is up but the app version (which I find a lot better to read) hasn't updated yet (at least for me). I wish they'd just pick one time and updated everything consistently each week.
It's there for me
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
When does Jump usually take it's week off in relation to Golden Week? I'm curious whether they'll be off on the 1st, the 8th, or the 15th.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I think it's around the 20-somethings?
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Google shows that golden week starts on April 29th (Saturday) to May 5th (Friday).

So no Jump on the week before but early Jump during Golden Week?
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I didn't think I'd care that much about MHA Illegals when it was announced, but it does such a great job at fleshing out the world of the main series. Very enjoyable; I think it's a good series in it's own right.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I didn't think I'd care that much about MHA Illegals when it was announced, but it does such a great job at fleshing out the world of the main series. Very enjoyable; I think it's a good series in it's own right.
Illegals is closer to what I thought MHA would've been like when I first started reading MHA just with school instead of the random house/off hour that illegals has.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Academia Illegals has me thinking, what's everyone's favourite WSJ series spin-offs by a different creator than the main manga? There's certainly plenty of gag series to pick from.
 

WesKR

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
168
Reaction score
105
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Academia Illegals has me thinking, what's everyone's favourite WSJ series spin-offs by a different creator than the main manga? There's certainly plenty of gag series to pick from.
Does the Hisoka back story by Sui Ishida count?
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
This might be a dumb question but has Viz' Jump released any volume of a cancelled manga physically?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
This might be a dumb question but has Viz' Jump released any volume of a cancelled manga physically?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top