Round of 16 - August vs Erza | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 August vs Erza

Who advances?

• August

• Erza

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takuan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Is August able to retain the Magic he copies? I don't remember that being shown or stated in the Manga. I picked Erza anyway.

Erza already bested Midnight's Magic. Reflector and Illusion.
Erza already tanked the full magical power of Tenrou Island twice. Don't think Melt is going to damage her.
Erza already bested a stronger form of Jellal's Magic with broken arms.

Problem is we don't know rather able retains the magic he copies. Considering he was dodging Cana card attacks I am pretty sure he doesn't have Reflector anymore. Since she is a Holder type Mage then August can't nullify her magic. August also doesn't have any good durability feats.
Well, August used some kind of magic to put Brandish to sleep, that neither Brandish nor team Natsu + Mest possessed. And the suicidal whatever-the-name attack he used at the end of his fight versus Gildarts wasn't copied from Gildarts or Cana. It makes no doubt in my mind that he indeed keeps every magic he copies. He's known to know every magic anyway (though this is not true due to Holder type magics).

Laxus chan-yo

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
5 Erzas may be able to beat August ONLY because she has a type advantage against him. This guy is a monster. After Acnologia he has been the most dominant, insurmountable villain out there. Sure FH Zeref is stronger but the hype that August received followed by the knowledge that he was the rare breed to actually live up to it was really surprising. Overall, the fight with Gildarts was meh and August couldn't shut the hell up about his mommy, but his display of power was insane.
Yes, even Laxus as he is now stands no chance against him I hate to admit :m3j

So what the hell can Erza do alone?
August wins no difficulty :oooh

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Is August able to retain the Magic he copies? I don't remember that being shown or stated in the Manga. I picked Erza anyway.

Erza already bested Midnight's Magic. Reflector and Illusion.
Erza already tanked the full magical power of Tenrou Island twice. Don't think Melt is going to damage her.
Erza already bested a stronger form of Jellal's Magic with broken arms.

Problem is we don't know rather able retains the magic he copies. Considering he was dodging Cana card attacks I am pretty sure he doesn't have Reflector anymore. Since she is a Holder type Mage then August can't nullify her magic. August also doesn't have any good durability feats.

Ofc August can retain all the magics he's copied, hence him using meteor against Gildarts.

Please tell me you're not implying AZUMA'S BLAST is stronger than melt?Azuma's blast is nowhere near melt, heck is shouldn't be on the same level of any Spirggan's named attack. Melt was so strong that Natsu with his fire resistance couldn't negate the whole attack, that's the first time we've seen a DS get overwhelmed by their regular element. The move melt would melt Erza.

WOOOW Erza bested Deus Sema, too bad that's not Augsust' strongest magic.

August doesn't have ay durability feats?

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/526/18
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/527/7

August literally, takes Gildarts' strongest move and all he has to show for it is some blood trickling down his beard. And the move was down with Gildarts' fake arm so August couldn't negate it, but August doesn't have durability feats right? That's literally one of the best durability feats in the manga LMAO.

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States

Ofc August can retain all the magics he's copied, hence him using meteor against Gildarts.

Please tell me you're not implying AZUMA'S BLAST is stronger than melt?Azuma's blast is nowhere near melt, heck is shouldn't be on the same level of any Spirggan's named attack. Melt was so strong that Natsu with his fire resistance couldn't negate the whole attack, that's the first time we've seen a DS get overwhelmed by their regular element. The move melt would melt Erza.

WOOOW Erza bested Deus Sema, too bad that's not Augsust' strongest magic.

August doesn't have ay durability feats?

http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/526/18
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/527/7

August literally, takes Gildarts' strongest move and all he has to show for it is some blood trickling down his beard. And the move was down with Gildarts' fake arm so August couldn't negate it, but August doesn't have durability feats right? That's literally one of the best durability feats in the manga LMAO.
Are you seriously suggesting Melt is more powerful than the entire power of Tenrou Island?

Also please stop that was not Gildrats strongest attack. It was some magic that was stored in his arm.

Which is nowhere near this attack:

Also I pray to the heavens you aren't trying to claim that Gildarts attack was stronger than this:

Like's let's seriously cut the crap and actually look at feats shown. Outside of his sleep spell or Suicide Spell August doesn't have an attack that would take Erza Out or stop Erza.

1. Nakagami Armor can slice through Magic last time I checked. In the Manga no limitation was put on it so please stop with the Oh August magic is too strong for her to cut crap.

August can't nullify Erza Magic nor copy as a well known fact. Presented in the manga itself.

Present me with 1 spell August could use that he has shown outside of Sleep(Which is Mest Magic to make the mind follow an order), that could take Erza out that can be used in this battle.

Boomburst

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry Erza, but you're no longer within the safety of Hiro's terrible writing and you're now in the MH forums: the one place where your PoF nakama bullshit isn't going to do for you jack diddly squat :e3:handgun

August tanks every single attack she throws at him, laughs, stabs her in the chest with a stick and stomps on her bloody corpse.

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Are you seriously suggesting Melt is more powerful than the entire power of Tenrou Island?

Also please stop that was not Gildrats strongest attack. It was some magic that was stored in his arm.

Which is nowhere near this attack:

Also I pray to the heavens you aren't trying to claim that Gildarts attack was stronger than this:

Like's let's seriously cut the crap and actually look at feats shown. Outside of his sleep spell or Suicide Spell August doesn't have an attack that would take Erza Out or stop Erza.

1. Nakagami Armor can slice through Magic last time I checked. In the Manga no limitation was put on it so please stop with the Oh August magic is too strong for her to cut crap.

August can't nullify Erza Magic nor copy as a well known fact. Presented in the manga itself.

Present me with 1 spell August could use that he has shown outside of Sleep(Which is Mest Magic to make the mind follow an order), that could take Erza out that can be used in this battle.
Azuma uses the power of Tenrou, but that doesnt mean he uses ALL the power in Tenrou. If he used ALL the power of Tenrou then he wouldnt have been able to cast Terra Clamore a second time, because ALL that power would have been wasted the first time. Azuma unleashed as much of Tenrou's power as he could, thats all.
So yeah, Melt>>>Terra Clamore, Azuma is only capable of handling a fraction of the magic power August is.

Last edited:

inactive lurker account

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
So... do we overstate or understate August's capabilities, given that there's so much about him that we don't definitively know all thanks to the way his end was rushed without the necessary clarifications?

It's clear to me that for Erza to win, August has to be severely downplayed by restricting his moves only to what he has shown, by not assuming that he can keep the spells he copies, and so on, which I think is most unfair. Whereas optimizing August by staying faithful to his 'master of magic' portrayal as much as possible means there are only a handful who can take him on, let alone win decisively, making matches against him rather one-sided...

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Azuma uses the power of Tenrou, but that doesnt mean he uses ALL the power in Tenrou. If he used ALL the power of Tenrou then he wouldnt have been able to cast Terra Clamore a second time, because ALL that power would have been wasted the first time. Azuma unleashed as much of Tenrou's power as he could, thats all.
So yeah, Melt>>>Terra Clamore, Azuma is only capable of handling a fraction of the magic power August is.
Let me add one more thing.Melt was a very strong attack-a solid island level attack.If it is used on Tenrou then whole Tenrou island will be blown away.

Orgastthemage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I´m just here waiting for someone to defend Erza. this one´s a toughie, but I´ll go with August. :derp

Am Shegar

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Note: August vs Erza tread has more pages than Laxus vs Gray. Not so onesided after all :)

Last edited:

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Are people seriously giving Erza a shot here? I cant believe that lol sooooo funny. Hiro has really fu$%ed everyone over so badly with "because she's erza" crap

Erza only gets a hit on August, if he lets her. I can litterally think of 100 different ways for him to take her out.

CaptainTorch

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Note: August vs Erza tread has more pages than Laxus vs Gray. Not so onesided afrer all :)
It's because people like to bitch about Erza all the time, and this matchup is the best place ever to do that.

Megadoomer

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Quick question - how many times has August used a spell where the person who originally used it wasn't there? It seems like, with a handful of exceptions, the original user of the magic needed to be present for him to use it, so in this case, he'd be limited to Exquip magic (which would either be using Erza's weapons/armour, or drawing from his own Exquip dimension which would be empty).

There's the sleep spell (the only person who could have possibly had that one would be Mest, which would only add to his disturbing factor) and a barrier to protect Ajeel (though depending on the range of his powers, that could have been Freed or Makarov - we never clearly saw the barrier), but that's all that I recall.

I thought the laser he used on Mirajane was another example, but someone pointed it out to me once that Eileen used the same sort of laser in her fight with Erza.

There's also Ars Magia, but seeing as that seems to be guaranteed to kill him if he uses it, it's not worth discussing.

Last edited:

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Quick question - how many times has August used a spell where the person who originally used it wasn't there? There's the sleep spell (the only person who could have possibly had that one would be Mest, which would only add to his disturbing factor) and a barrier to protect Ajeel (though depending on the range of his powers, that could have been Freed or Makarov - we never clearly saw the barrier), but that's all that I recall.

I thought the laser he used on Mirajane was another example, but someone pointed it out to me once that Eileen used the same sort of laser in her fight with Erza.

There's also Ars Magia, but seeing as that seems to be guaranteed to kill him if he uses it, it's not worth discussing.
1.Mest doesn't have any sleeping spell.It is very much like Mystogan's spell.And Mystogan didn't know any memory manipulation spell and memory manipulation is no way related to Sleep Magic.

2.Ars Magia.No one in Magnolia knew that spell.

3.As far as i remember Irene doesn't have any laser spells.And August arrived when Irene was using acid mucous to torture Mirajane not any lasers to shoot her for August to copy.

Add as far as i checked Irene really doesn't have any lasers.August used it on his own.

Megadoomer

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ars Magia kills August if he uses it; it doesn't seem like death would qualify as a victory.

As for Irene using lasers, she used something similar here in chapter 518. He seems to copy magic whether or not the person is using it; he copied Natsu's fire magic to blow away the Fairy Tail mages when Natsu was just standing there.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Ars Magia kills August if he uses it; it doesn't seem like death would qualify as a victory.

As for Irene using lasers, she used something similar here in chapter 518. He seems to copy magic whether or not the person is using it; he copied Natsu's fire magic to blow away the Fairy Tail mages when Natsu was just standing there.
That is not lasers.Lasers are always thinner than it and it's way to fat to be lasers.It is a barrage of attacks that Irene used.The same reason if you check Irene's profile in wiki no laser is mentioned.Moreover August used it from his fingers,while Irene created it in the mid air by moving her palm.Big difference.

Second,the point is here is not whether August will die or not(as it is it restricted in the tournament) but the point is whether he retains the magic he copies which Ars Magia shows.No one knew that spell in Magnolia so it proves August used it on it's own.And if he can keep Ars Magia and Sleeping magic then there is no reason why he can't keep other spells.

Thirdly,There is no evidence August copied that spell from Natsu.Natsu has never used that kind of Heat pillar type attack.He may have copied it from any previous Fire mage he encountered in his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.