Round of 16 - DiMaria vs Brandish | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 DiMaria vs Brandish

Who advances?

• DiMaria Yesta

Votes: 56 74.7%
  • Brandish μ

Votes: 19 25.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

DiMaria Yesta
-

Brandish μ

Voting Rules:
  • This Battle is a 1 vs 1.
  • During Best of 16 stage, you'll be able to vote up to 24 hours after discussion ends.
  • You may vote for one character in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Discussion ends: May 29th, 2017
Voting ends: May 30th, 2017

Last edited:

CaptainTorch

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Wow well that's a matchup!! Never expected them to clash so soon.. As much as I like both of them, Dimaria takes this.. Just ;ike in the manga.
This fight will end in an instant.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

What happened in the manga was not a fight. DiMaria doesn't have the luxury of being the only one serious here.

I thought about this for a while, and came to the conclusion that this is a 50-50. This isn't a conventional fight. Whoever pulls the trigger first wins.

They're from Alvarez, the western continent, so it'll be a wild west shootout

Usually I back the person who has the better feats, and DiMaria does hands down. But they can both use their magic as quick, and it works instantly. So stuff it, Brandish wins. She'll be Charles Bronson in those gif's (but he gets shot too but ignore that fact :P)

Brandish wins, oneshot. I'll say brain bust, to be poetic, temporal lobe.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Tie. I agree with Axiomus. Both are equal.

I have always seen ethernano residing in someone's body as chakra case in Naruto manga. A wizard contains amount of ethernano in their body. DiMaria's hax magic indeed can be cast really quickly, but she needs to release her ethernano first, as seen in chapter 467:

Lyon, Sherria, Toby, and Yuka look shocked.

The reason why it was too late for Brandish to realize that DiMaria was there around them Natsu and co (as seen in chapter 500) could be probably because 1. DiMaria hadn't released her ethernano, and/or 2. Brandish hadn't released her ethernano before Neinhart walked in (she only cast on herself (Giant mode → normal size mode)). After she tried to Command T Neinhart and failed, she noticed DiMaria was stalking them...

So, the moment this match starts, both have to release their ethernano first

Last edited:

joodaa

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
England
It's not really a fight, just whoever you think is the faster caster of their hax. I flipped a coin, and I'm going to go with Brandish.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Tie. I agree with Axiomus. Both are equal.
Can you really say both are equal when Brandish had to shrink Marie later on with the latter in magic sealing cuffs? While in the first instant, Marie used Age Seal on Brandish who didn't have any restrictions on her.
I agree both their haxes are equally dangerous, but I think Dimaria has slightly higher MP than Brandish's. Age Seal shouldn't work on people with higher magic than Dimaria's, so the fact that it worked on Brandish shows that she has more magic than her.

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Idk but i don't consider the Dimaria vs Brandish we got a fair fight. Brandish wasn't ready to deal with Dimaria. I'd say who react faster can win so i won't vote

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
DiMaria takes this out for me. She should have the faster cast time and it'll end similar to how it went in the manga in terms of ease. Given Brandish only sealed DiMaria when she had magic sealing handcuffs on and DiMaria was able to affect Brandish with age seal, I'd also say DiMaria has slightly higher magic power which would possibly help her not be affected by Mass Manipulation.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dimaria for me. While i can definitely see Brandish winning with her hax, she just doesnt have the feats, Dimaria does.
Overall Brandish's performance has been pretty lackluster and so to me it just seems like Dimaria is more powerful.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Dimaria for me. While i can definitely see Brandish winning with her hax, she just doesnt have the feats, Dimaria does.
Overall Brandish's performance has been pretty lackluster and so to me it just seems like Dimaria is more powerful.
Plus she's hotter so she gets my vote....#totallynotbiased

Status
Not open for further replies.