Semifinal Zeref vs Gildarts vs Irene

Who wins?

  • Zeref Dragneel

    Votes: 21 26.6%
  • Gildarts Clive

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Irene Belserion

    Votes: 48 60.8%

  • Total voters
    79
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,331
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
To be fair, Gildarts is the weakest here, but that is strictly speaking in terms of power. His magic doesn't need him to be the strongest, and we saw he successfully used crash on August, although it didn't help in the long run because August copied and negated it (something no other person can replicate tbh). Well, this would have been a sure battle for Zeref without the nerf, and would have been sure for Irene if Zeref wasn't here to reverse her if she did turn into a dragon. Irene has more MP, but what would she do against crash for example? Same for Zeref? Also, before Gildarts is written off, it's fair to mention that he fought August for an extended period of time, and managed to take numerous attacks without suffering much damage. Heck he and August were mostly in the same condition by the end of the fight, with neither doing significant damage to the other. Although, I'd admit that August would definitely triumph over him regardless, and August is the superior fighter, but claiming Gildarts is fodder here doesn't follow, when he was able to go against August despite his copy magic for that long.
Well that aside, it's tough to pick a winner. It feels like a toss up between Irene and Zeref. Can't really decide for now.
 

MonkeyD-Dragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2016
Messages
551
Reaction score
2,328
Age
27
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Zeref can use his magic to undo Irene's dragon transformation.
I just want to ask, in the restrictions post, Irene can't enchant her enemies' bodies, but what Zeref did there was enchant Irene's body into a human physique , so I want to ask won't that get restricted too ? Or is it like the time stop with Dimaria ?
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I just want to ask, in the restrictions post, Irene can't enchant her enemies' bodies, but what Zeref did there was enchant Irene's body into a human physique , so I want to ask won't that get restricted too ? Or is it like the time stop with Dimaria ?
I was wondering the same thing, but they took so much from him already poor guy:heh
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,246
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I just want to ask, in the restrictions post, Irene can't enchant her enemies' bodies, but what Zeref did there was enchant Irene's body into a human physique , so I want to ask won't that get restricted too ? Or is it like the time stop with Dimaria ?
The restrictions are set.

Irene was restricted so people wouldn't become mice arbitrarily. Zeref reversed Irene's transformation, rather than transforming her (it's impossible for him to turn people into dragons for example). You could argue that they're one in the same I guess. Well for tournament purposes Zeref is allowed this.
 

inactive lurker account

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2017
Messages
82
Reaction score
65
Country
Fun Forum
Do we assume that brief tactical alliances are forbidden in this match-up? Because if they aren't forbidden, then the results will vary depending on who teamed up with who to gang up on who at some particular moment in the battle...

Also, can Zeref use some of the magic attributed to his spell books even when he's not holding the books?
 

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2016
Messages
1,687
Reaction score
7,078
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Verry tricky, curse that one vote. I will wait out a bit before i vote.
btw couldn't Zeref just revert Irene's dragon form?
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
I was wondering the same thing, but they took so much from him already poor guy:heh
Poor @Emperor Spriggan , what will he do now ? :heh
I see your bait and I take it :pwnge
Tbh, I'm not exactly sure what Zeref did to Irene back then, part of me thinks its enchantment, another part of me thinks its normal transformation magic, but that's a basic skill for mages, Mira could do something similar at the beginning of the series when she was out of magic, I doubt Irene isn't capable of the same.
And at the same time we haven't seen Zeref replicate the same feats on another transformed mage, so I want to believe its an enchantment, but its too iffy a feat to be considered.
@MonkeyD-Dragon I'll get my revenge in the finals :heh
@Belserion The poor guy had to be restricted to give you all a fighting chance :8C
 

Ice Hunter

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2017
Messages
116
Reaction score
427
Age
28
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I voted for Irene
her power Hype >>> Zeref >> Gildarts

I don't think Zeref or Gildarts would win against Irene's dragon form
And for people who think Zeref could reverted irene dragon transformation...... Irene could break/cancel Zeref's enchanment when she facing Erza, so i don't think Irene has a problem with canceling Zeref's spell in reverting Irene back to human form, not to mention when she was in Dragon Form her enchanment goes beyond high enchanment, Master enchantment...that i doubt Zeref is able to match with Irene's master enchant. Zeref could turn Irene into human because she was desperate and wanted to be human again...my asumption in this battle Irene could easily rejecting Zeref's enchanment, and beat both Zeref and Gildarts
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,682
Reaction score
17,742
Country
United States
I voted for Irene
her power Hype >>> Zeref >> Gildarts

I don't think Zeref or Gildarts would win against Irene's dragon form
And for people who think Zeref could reverted irene dragon transformation...... Irene could break/cancel Zeref's enchanment when she facing Erza, so i don't think Irene has a problem with canceling Zeref's spell in reverting Irene back to human form, not to mention when she was in Dragon Form her enchanment goes beyond high enchanment, Master enchantment...that i doubt Zeref is able to match with Irene's master enchant. Zeref could turn Irene into human because she was desperate and wanted to be human again...my asumption in this battle Irene could easily rejecting Zeref's enchanment, and beat both Zeref and Gildarts
It was stated that zeref taught her magic, so im sure is just as qualified an enchanter
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,316
Reaction score
24,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Well, right of the bat I am dismissing any chance gildarts can plausibly have here. The most he can aspire to be here is worthless fodder next to an immortal dark mage and an actual dragon enchantress.. And between irene and zeref.... It's likely that zeref can't really hurt irene due to her being a dragon and irene can't kill zeref regardless of what she does. I could see her being technically stronger but her defeating zeref is not a possibility.
 

Ilikeyou

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2017
Messages
110
Reaction score
160
Age
27
Country
Canada
Il say my girl Irene wins here:3c. She has that dragon form and next level enchentmants. I honestly wish we saw more master enchentmants because it was hyped and deus Sama the only spell we really saw from Irene In her Dragon form is really impressive (other than broken Erza destroying it).
 

randimari

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2017
Messages
105
Reaction score
248
Age
33
Country
United States
I think I'm taking Zeref. We know Zeref trained her in enchantments (@Lexusflame trained was the correct translation, she knew enchantments before meeting Zeref) and if Zeref can enchant her body into a human why can't he disenchant it? However I'm on the fence so I'll continue to read the comments to see if my opinion gets swayed. Gildarts feels so out of place in this fight :derp
 

Kay3795

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 15, 2012
Messages
3,620
Reaction score
2,030
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I've already addressed that Zeref is even superior as an Enchanter than Irene the Enchantress—& Enchantments is her main magic power. How is she supposed to win against her master who can essentially beat her at her own game?:nah I'm don't even feel it's necessary to mention his other OP magic.
 

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Zeref being able to enchant Irene's body back to normal only shows his superiority in human enchantments. Unfortunately, THAT'S RESTRICTED HERE.

Zeref has never shown to be capable of using atmospheric enchantments, which are obviously Irene's best feats. She pushed Acnologia back with such an enchantment, and that wasn't even Deus Sema. Imagine what she could do with Deus Sema.
 

Demon Hunter

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
4,434
Reaction score
12,850
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
even if he enchants her back to human, she can easily go dragon again.

so she wins no matter what.
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,682
Reaction score
17,742
Country
United States
Zeref being able to enchant Irene's body back to normal only shows his superiority in human enchantments. Unfortunately, THAT'S RESTRICTED HERE.

Zeref has never shown to be capable of using atmospheric enchantments, which are obviously Irene's best feats. She pushed Acnologia back with such an enchantment, and that wasn't even Deus Sema. Imagine what she could do with Deus Sema.
Irene is the only one that cant enchant a person, zeref has no such restriction. Reread the rules buddy lol
 

Jko

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
18,793
Country
United States
Going with Irene. Zeref is nerfed too hard to beat her. She has overwhelming physical stats, and insane versatility with enchantments. As seen with Natsu's scarf even dead Dragon Scales can counter death magic so Zeref's only way of winning (with these restrictions) has been countered. Irene takes this in a mid diff fight. Gild isn't even a factor. Surprised he even tied with Natsu.
 

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Irene is the only one that cant enchant a person, zeref has no such restriction. Reread the rules buddy lol
If that's so then the rules are completely biased against Irene. That's like claiming that Natsu may use Dragon Slayer Magic but Laxus may not.
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,682
Reaction score
17,742
Country
United States
If that's so then the rules are completely biased against Irene. That's like claiming that Natsu may use Dragon Slayer Magic but Laxus may not.
I agree, but they took zerefs immortality in turn and his time magic.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top