Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Do you guys think placement is really important for WNL given that it's a romance series? It hasn't ranked incredibly well the past few weeks, but still got a color page. And volume 1 seems to be selling decently(well above other axed series like U19 and Poro at least).
Ranking always matters. Koisome Momiji wouldn't have been cancelled by your logic since it sold 50k in the first volume.
Although I commemorate the good sales I also know that it doesn't mean nothing if it doesn't translate into good rankings.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I've been secretly hoping Shoodan is Inazuma11-like football with superpowers since I seen the preview pic

Inazuma 11 was fun, the games, the anime, the manga were all fun and I don't care if most of them were aimed at little kids

it was entertaining timewaster and I'll fight anyone that say it was not
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I've been secretly hoping Shoodan is Inazuma11-like football with superpowers since I seen the preview pic

Inazuma 11 was fun, the games, the anime, the manga were all fun and I don't care if most of them were aimed at little kids

it was entertaining timewaster and I'll fight anyone that say it was not
I love ridiculous plots like that. Time to get hyped for The Snack World.
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea

Jump Official twitter tweeting about reprint & high demand of WNL v1. They also decided to quicken the digital release early as a response.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It is a mystery to me why they delayed in the first place, so that's good news!
Now there is no come back, I will buy physical in my next order. Looking forward to it. :^_^
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
U19 is the abbreviation for Under 19? :derp

"We Never Learn" continues in a predicament, but I think it will recover with the recent chapters, the series was wandering aimlessly in the beginning, we even discussed if it should be considered romance. I think the readers, who mostly would read for romance, were wondering the same thing, most likely. It improved greatly in the last couple of chapters.
Below Dr. Stone where it belongs, don't you ever forget that.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
183,296 *183,296 Boku no Hero Academia 14
*92,114 **92,114 Dragon Ball Super 3
*64,067 **64,067 World's End Harem 3
*46,518 2400,524 One Piece 85
*22,953 *734,999 Haikyuu!! 26
*20,392 **20,392 Hetalia WorldStars 4
*19,289 **19,289 Hinomaru Zumou 15
*16,763 **16,763 Fire Punch 5
*16,014 **16,014 Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai 1
*14,859 *503,918 Boku no Hero Academia 13
*12,696 **12,696 Boku no Hero Academia Smash! 3
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Below Dr. Stone where it belongs, don't you ever forget that.
Who cares? I dropped Dr. Stone two weeks ago, I erased it of my head. I will give attention to unworthy opponents.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Who cares? I dropped Dr. Stone two weeks ago, I erased it of my head. I will give attention to unworthy opponents.
Yeah right... Who cares about the TOC on the jump thread, right? haha.

Also, still no comments about Black Clover being the single shounen that has no anime and made it to the top list of most sold manga of 2017 (first half)? Come on guys, you are better than that =)
 
Last edited:

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Also, still no comments about Black Clover being the single shounen that has no anime and made it to the top list of most sold manga of 2017 (first half)? Come on guys, you are better than that =)
There really isn't much to say about it so it sells well all that means is that it's more popular then some people give it credit for that's all there is to it not much else say.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
There really isn't much to say about it so it sells well all that means is that it's more popular then some people give it credit for that's all there is to it not much else say.
It's an honest comment. Thanks =)

Even so it's much more than "some people". It means a lot.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yeah right... Who cares about the TOC on the jump thread, right? haha.
I said that I don't care about Dr. Stone, we can appreciate the TOC without having to worry about a random series. Review in your English abilities.
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
Also, still no comments about Black Clover being the single shounen that has no anime and made it to the top list of most sold manga of 2017 (first half)? Come on guys, you are better than that =)
BC only scored one position in the "top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-volume" ranking, and that position is the last one, number 100. Even The Promised Neverland surpassed it with it's second volume and position number 93. Source

And it's position in the "top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-series" ranking is nothing special either.
Shokugeki no Soma also placed in the top 30 without an anime in the first half of 2014, position 20, and 1,394,312 volumes sold. Source
Boku no Hero Academia placed 10th in the first half of 2016 with 2,135,591 volumes sold. Source
Granted that this ranking went from November 23, 2015 to May 22, 2016 and that it's anime aired eight episodes from April 3, 2016 to May 22, 2016, but i'll take a wild guess and say that even without these 8 episodes from the anime it would have made it into the top 30.

If anything these rankings only show a huge decline in physical volumes sold from last year to this year. The places 19 to 30 from this year wouldn't have made it into the top 30 last year, Haikyu and Terra Formars went down 1 million sold volumes each from last year, Nanatsu no Taizai went down almost 1 million sold volumes (probably due to Nakaba's health problems and hiatus), Gintama lost almost 50%, Prison School didn't even make it into the top 30 this year which means it sold less than 50% compared to last year.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Gintama's decline is the most depressing. BC is catching up from what I remember.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Gintama ending is becoming the myth of the magazine now that Bleach ended. The bullshit about final arc, people saying that it is going to end every single years and so on...
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Gintama's running out of plot threads needing tying up at this point. But yeah it certainly went beyond the "End of 2016 beginning of 2017" Sorachi said it would end at round this time last year.

Basically all that's left is seemingly the final confrontation with Utsuro. And Umibouzu has to show up at some point in that. Course what that actually entails isn't clear yet. It's not be some kind of "two people with crazy superpowers battle it out" type of ending though, pretty sure.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Gintama's decline is the most depressing. BC is catching up from what I remember.
BC still sold less than Gintama with an extra volume released and hefty backlog sales, so not really. BC seems to be incredobly front loaded sales wise which makes things confusing,

All I have to say about BC is how underwhelming its sales actually are every time I look. Sure it made top 30 and thats great, but only 200k in 6 months? Youd think it would do better given all the attention it gets. The fact that Neverlands 2nd volume sold more in 3+ months less time pretty much says it all.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top