Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Wtf, HZ made the chart for a 2nd week? Is that a first? The cutoffs have been incredibly low recently though.
The estimated cutoff this week was 13,650.

53. My Hero Academia 12
Ooo, so close!
 

lolman

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2014
Messages
74
Reaction score
97
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Dunno how it is in Japan, but when I was in middle school it was quite common for some teams to have a girl or two. We certainly did. If anything, I'd say soccer is more of a mixed sport than most.
It's normal for that age and of course in anime too. Examples:
http://areanokishi.wikia.com/wiki/Nana_Mishima Nana young was a forward of Suguru and Kakeru's football team.
http://gingaekickoff.wikia.com/wiki/Takatou_Erika midfielder for the Momoyama Predators.
http://gingaekickoff.wikia.com/wiki/Saionji_Reika midfielder for the Momoyama Predators.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Dunno how it is in Japan, but when I was in middle school it was quite common for some teams to have a girl or two. We certainly did. If anything, I'd say soccer is more of a mixed sport than most.
There is no way in hell that it would happen here where soccer really serious business for any guy, they really go hard. The girls themselves aren't interested in playing soccer either...
One of the guys on the team asked "she can even join the team?" so I think it's like that in Japan as well.

She obviously can play along with the guys on practices, but by the rules it's not a mixed sport. Official tournaments have separated categories. Most sports are this way, see Haikyuu and volleyball.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Speaking of Black Clover, I'm liking this new guy that was introduced. At first I thought he would be another DESPAIR DESPAIR HATE DESPAIR villain but I'm glad it didn't turn out this way. He's definitely got me interested enough to anticipate the next chapter (which is saying something). His design is great too, an edgy design done right.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Shudan was average, it gave me a lot of "She's the man" feeling. XD
I'm sure there will be a tournament where she will not able to play unless she pretends that she is a guy because we know that soccer is not a mixed sport. It is not a new idea, but let's see.
Idk if Japanese culture is different, but they seem to be in elementary school, and when I was in elementary school they let the few girls who wanted to join a team join. So sometimes you'd see soccer and baseball games with a couple girls on some teams
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
This is nothing big but the special one-shot "Nantekotta! Pharaoh-kun" published this week was actually first published in 2015 in Issue #52. They published the chapter as is without any changes/updates to art, composition or dialogue.
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
Watch HxH (specifically the 2011 anime).
Oh no, another one who says the 90s one doesn´t have good things on its own. I watched a video comparing the fight of Gon VS Hisoka in both adaptations, and I wondered how good would it be if the animation in the 2011s one was like the one in the 90s. That´s an example, but I suppose it has other things better than the 2011s one.

I think the remake was done more as a wish fullfilment, in the sense that 90s one doesn´t have heavy changes or controversial things that would make it crap. The same thing I say about the JoJos OVA of Stardust Crusaders. The more I think it, it would be good for the 2014 Stardust Crusaders to be short instead of "1:1 copy adaptation" and long. And the fight against Dio has some bits of dynamic animation at least. Not to dismerit the newer adaptations, as I like them, but the wish fullfilment is pretty notable.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Oh no, another one who says the 90s one doesn´t have good things on its own. I watched a video comparing the fight of Gon VS Hisoka in both adaptations, and I wondered how good would it be if the animation in the 2011s one was like the one in the 90s. That´s an example, but I suppose it has other things better than the 2011s one.

I think the remake was done more as a wish fullfilment, in the sense that 90s one doesn´t have heavy changes or controversial things that would make it crap. The same thing I say about the JoJos OVA of Stardust Crusaders. The more I think it, it would be good for the 2014 Stardust Crusaders to be short instead of "1:1 copy adaptation" and long. And the fight against Dio has some bits of dynamic animation at least. Not to dismerit the newer adaptations, as I like them, but the wish fullfilment is pretty notable.
...have you even watched the 1999 adaptation or just random fight scene comparison videos? It's full of seemingly small but important (mostly with tone and characterization) changes and controversial things. Hardly 1:1.
I don't know what you're talking about in any of your posts, let alone this one.
 
Last edited:

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Lol dude, he was just recommending the 2011 adaptation since it's pretty much complete, as well as generally being the more well received. He didn't even mention the 99 adaptation, much less criticize it. Nice job jumping to conclusions and, once again, making a fool of yourself.
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
Lol dude, he was just recommending the 2011 adaptation since it's pretty much complete, as well as generally being the more well received. He didn't even mention the 99 adaptation, much less criticize it. Nice job jumping to conclusions and, once again, making a fool of yourself.
Ok what´s "bad" about both series´ old versions that fasns despise? Cuz I´ve headr very little of that
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I wouldn't know what's bad about the older versions of HxH or JJBA since I haven't seen either of them, but that's not even what I was talking about.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Ok what´s "bad" about both series´ old versions that fasns despise? Cuz I´ve headr very little of that
The point is that nobody said anything about the 1999 adaptation being bad.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
This is nothing big but the special one-shot "Nantekotta! Pharaoh-kun" published this week was actually first published in 2015 in Issue #52. They published the chapter as is without any changes/updates to art, composition or dialogue.
it have it own series on Saikyo Jump

pretty sure it was just a last moment add-on to increase the pages number since BnHA was missing

iirc BnHA hiatus note was on the page before the oneshot
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,233
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Toc 29

29号

クロスアカウント ※新連載
ブラクロ
ワンピ
銀魂 ※Cカラー
ハイキュー
ヒロアカ
シューダン ※Cカラー
ネバラン
ゆらぎ
鬼滅 ※Cカラー
ストーン
斉木
火ノ丸
ソーマ
勉強
青春
ロボ
マリー
ポロ ※最終話
磯兵衛

30号
巻頭:ヒロアカ
Cカラー:ハンタ、クロアカ、MISTERIA-怪奇コレクション-(修業コウタ)※読切
増ページ:シューダン、火ノ丸 ※VS久世クライマックス&大好評御礼
番外編同時連載:青春
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
29号

クロスアカウント ※新連載
ブラクロ
ワンピ
銀魂 ※Cカラー
ハイキュー
ヒロアカ
シューダン ※Cカラー
ネバラン
ゆらぎ
鬼滅 ※Cカラー
ストーン
斉木
火ノ丸
ソーマ
勉強
青春
ロボ
マリー
ポロ ※最終話
磯兵衛

30号
巻頭:ヒロアカ
Cカラー:ハンタ、クロアカ、MISTERIA-怪奇コレクション-(修業コウタ)※読切
増ページ:シューダン、火ノ丸 ※VS久世クライマックス&大好評御礼
番外編同時連載:青春
#29 :
Cross Account (New Serie, Cover, Lead Color)
Black Clover
One Piece
Gintama (Color)
Haikyu
My Hero Academia
Shûdan (Color)
Yakusoku no Neverland
Yuragi
Kinmetsu no Yaiba (Color)
Dr Stone
Psi
Hinomaru Sumo
Food Wars
Benkyô
Seishun
Robot x Laserbeam
Marie
Poro no Ryûgakuki (End)
Isobee

#30 :
Lead Color fo My Hero Academia
Color Page for Hunter x Hunter, Cross Account
Misteria - Kaiki Collection
: Oneshot by Kôta Shugyô (Color)
Hinomaru Sumo & Shûdan get extra pages

We don't know yet if Hunter x Hunter will have cover in #30.
 
Last edited:

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
At last on over 10 weeks of draught BnHA get a CP
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Oh boy,.. Black Clover in first... Newcomers getting canceled like apples falling from trees, MHA out of the top 3, Dr. Stone above we can't study, Zumou getting extra pages to its INEVITABLE END... Is this the best toc EVER?

I answer it myself dudes, IT IS.

Come on, let the DESPAIR begins.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top