Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It's neither dead nor forgotten and when it returns it will sell for 300-400k as before the hiatus. If it would just return already, that is.
Dreaming is good, man, but don't make them impossible because you will suffer when you see that they cannot be realized. :)

Jump is a weekly battle to see who's best, the readers move on pretty quickly unless it is something like Hunter x Hunter. World Trigger doesn't have the strength to come back and perform the way it was performing, forget it. It is like asking for an average player who was injured for a entire season return to a professional league, it will never be the same.

We remember the series because we are here everyday, but go ask an average reader, even more in Japan when mangas are always overflowing.
 
Last edited:

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I haven´t seen yt this thing being discussed here, but nonetheless: Which is your favorite and least favorite anime movie based on a Jump manga? And why you recommend it, or not? Mentioning of course, movies set in the meantime of the respective TV series.

I post this because there´s the thing that these type of movies serve mostly as cash-grabs of a tv series, but that´s not all the time.
I pretty much enjoy all the One Piece movies with the exception of 5 (which is bad since its poorly animated and Zoro acts completely out of character throughout) and 8 (which is just a lazy rehash of a great arc) and I can attest to the 4th movie and 6th movie being legit good movies in their own right and not just as "shounen adaptations" with the 4th movie capturing what's truly great about One Piece and essentially emboding the series at its peak quality wise and the 6th one for being experiemental with its artstyle and storytelling and if you're an animation buff the history behind the production of it and what it represents to the director Hosada is pretty inspiring. The DBZ movies are good for a lazy afternoon with the only stinkers being the last two Broly movies but Fusion Reborn and Battle of the Gods are legit entertaining. The Naruto movies tend to be longer than they really need to be but among the pack Land of Snow, The Will of Fire and The Last are the only ones worth watching (I'll recommend Boruto if you're interested in the Next Generation saga) and avoid Moon Kingdom and Bonds. As a controversial opinion I'll outright say that I enjoyed Diamond Dust Rebellion and Hell Chapter over Memories of Nobody and Fade to Black, it tends to be the complete opposite for the fandom though but I found that Memories a complete borefest with a forgettable antagonist and I just did not like Senna as a character despite how much the fanbase loves her and Fade to Black is just a complete mess writing and production wise but Ichiruki fans just love it for obvious reasons, out of the Bleach movies but I found all the movies to be not good those just turned out to be the least bad out of them.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I haven´t seen yt this thing being discussed here, but nonetheless: Which is your favorite and least favorite anime movie based on a Jump manga? And why you recommend it, or not? Mentioning of course, movies set in the meantime of the respective TV series.

I post this because there´s the thing that these type of movies serve mostly as cash-grabs of a tv series, but that´s not all the time.
I like most of the Jump movies that I've watched. Naruto: The Last, OP Strong World, Battle of the God and possibly Yugioh off the top of my head.

I don't watch a lots of SJ Movies due to the reason that they are not canon (especially one piece) with the exception of The Last and Battle of The God/Frieza Resurrection.
Quality wise I don't think any of the movies I've watched are good. They are definitely entertaining and fun to watch.

Also there aren't a lot SJ Movies. From the wiki there are Gintama, One Piece, Naruto, Hunter x Hunter, Bleach, Yugioh, Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, Saint Seiya, Kochikame, super popular shows have been made into movies.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Wonder if Bones will do a MHA film somewhere down the line. I could see it happening
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,562
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Wonder if Bones will do a MHA film somewhere down the line. I could see it happening
I've been wondering about that too.... And with how BONES seems to be on the verge of breaking their piggy bank with each adapted episode, you gotta wonder the kind of budget that would go into this.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Dreaming is good, man, but don't make them impossible because you will suffer when you see that they cannot be realized. :)

Jump is a weekly battle to see who's best, the readers move on pretty quickly unless it is something like Hunter x Hunter. World Trigger doesn't have the strength to come back and perform the way it was performing, forget it. It is like asking for an average player who was injured for a entire season return to a professional league, it will never be the same.

We remember the series because we are here everyday, but go ask an average reader, even more in Japan when mangas are always overflowing.
I do think you are underestimating World Triggers success, 3-400k isnt just something people forget about... If someone has put effort into collecting all previous volumes, they obviously like something, so why would they just stop following it because it hiatused for a few months? Most people wait 3-4 months between volumes anyway as they dont read from the magazine (and technically the volumes have still been releasing as they would if it continued, although thats come to a stop now).

I haven´t seen yt this thing being discussed here, but nonetheless: Which is your favorite and least favorite anime movie based on a Jump manga? And why you recommend it, or not? Mentioning of course, movies set in the meantime of the respective TV series.

I post this because there´s the thing that these type of movies serve mostly as cash-grabs of a tv series, but that´s not all the time.
One Piece Strong World, Boruto, Gintama Yorozuya Eiyen Nare and The flashback Rurouni kenshin ones pretty much blow all the rest ive seen out fo the water.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I do think you are underestimating World Triggers success, 3-400k isnt just something people forget about... If someone has put effort into collecting all previous volumes, they obviously like something, so why would they just stop following it because it hiatused for a few months? Most people wait 3-4 months between volumes anyway as they dont read from the magazine (and technically the volumes have still been releasing as they would if it continued, although thats come to a stop now).
It is really fast for Japanese fans in Japan to sell a collection they don't want anymore for a bookstore as well, it is not a problem in Japan at all. But in the end what matters the most is the ranking in the magazine. The magazine changed a lot in the last months, introducing new things and such and we don't know how World Trigger can perform against these new opponents, even more after a really long hiatus.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Jump GIGA Vol. 3 2017

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

--- Double Post Merged, ---
Cross Account - New Series Color Pages
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,719
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Cross Account I think it will be more like I''s or Video Girl Ai. This can be good.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Cross Account looks like an imitation of Kimi no Na wa
and Kimi no Na wa is a cheap imitation for Keit-Ai

not sure how I feel about this

Keit-Ai is pure kino, why would you even bother competing with it?
just watch Keit-Ai over and over again
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Cross Account looks very nice at first glance. Not that that really means anything... Does seem like it'll be more of an actual romance story than a harem romcom though which could actually work as it wouldnt be directly competing against WNL and Yuuna.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
To me it resembles Kimi no Iru Machi too much... Mixed feelings.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,551
Reaction score
15,719
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
It seems the female MC is an actress.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Cross Account art looks fantastic. I think they will use social media as a feature in this series and it was about time, except for Seo Kouji series it seems like the students in Japan are still in the 90s because you don't see a cellphone anywhere in the series. hahahaha
Cross Account seems to me something like using the account of each other... What it could mean...
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
No Manga Editors for Shuudan! yet? :(
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Cross Account art looks fantastic. I think they will use social media as a feature in this series and it was about time, except for Seo Kouji series it seems like the students in Japan are still in the 90s because you don't see a cellphone anywhere in the series. hahahaha
Cross Account seems to me something like using the account of each other... What it could mean...
Any scans?
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Any scans?
Why are you asking me? I don't look for Jump series scans since I subscribed ESJ, no need for that. I'm just waiting for Monday like a good ol' fan.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Why are you asking me? I don't look for Jump series scans since I subscribed ESJ, no need for that. I'm just waiting for Monday like a good ol' fan.
When you said "the art looked fantastic" I assumed you skimmed the chapter or something. Sorry
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Cross Account is probably Real Account without the gore :derp.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top