Hangout Waifu Wars 2017 - Hangout

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Use this thread for casual talk about this event.
 

Vici

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
3,413
Reaction score
16,901
Gender
Female
Country
Pyke
I don't understand the hate for FT.
I'm from the FT subsection, and don't get me wrong, i think this manga is utter garbage. But in terms of characters, the nominated girls from FT are all great and i don't understand the urge of discrediting them just because they are from FT. Especially when it comes from people i know from the FT section (looking at you @Atom :nah)
Ignore them they just ganging up in group against FT because that the only way someone can agree with they opinion :kappa


@Atom is himself ( and not only him :P ) snake :blush
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Mikasa from now it's better for you.:kappa

And maybe Erza because she's Erza. :kappa
 

MonkeyD-Dragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2016
Messages
551
Reaction score
2,328
Age
27
Country
Imperium of Mankind
You discredited yourself with this statement.

Smh... votes for Hinata and questions my reasonable decision. That logic. Hiro Mashima, is that you?
I feel like I just got BBQ'ed, please don't expose my true identity!

And as I said, I am Anti FT, I just want to see them lose. I live to drink Fairy Tears
There is only one reason why Hinata advanced (credits to this awesome guy):
Wow, that guy is more awesome than you , I can't believe someone like him exists.

Oh, and Hinata did more useful things in her fight with Pain than Juvia in the whole war arc, can't say I can vote for Juvia.
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,374
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



What What what? No Love for Mikasa and Erza? :kappa Ok i understand Erza but not Mikasa tell me why if you feel like it curious about that :heh
As for those Looks that your Pic and Gif gave me.
 

Vici

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
3,413
Reaction score
16,901
Gender
Female
Country
Pyke
I just don't see Mikasa as a waifu material Simple as that :cookiehand

I overall like Mikasa and her badass side I only don't like when she's going all " Eren... " mode :errr
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,374
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
I just don't see Mikasa as a waifu material Simple as that :cookiehand

I overall like Mikasa and her badass side I only don't like when she's going all " Eren... " mode :errr
You mean:

*Insert Cringey "EREN!"-Screaming 5 to 10 Times in a Row please*
Yeah good reasoning though Badass Mikasa is Best Mikasa not my Favourite AOT Female actually(Annie is:cheez) but yeah she has really Nice Moments right after Levi imo.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,410
Gender
Male
Country
France
I don't understand the hate for FT.
I'm from the FT subsection, and don't get me wrong, i think this manga is utter garbage. But in terms of characters, the nominated girls from FT are all great and i don't understand the urge of discrediting them just because they are from FT. Especially when it comes from people i know from the FT section (looking at you @Atom :nah)

Anyway... My girl has been eliminated by Winry, no surprise here. She got 21 votes at least, that's about 20 more votes than i anticipated :pogchamp
Thank you people, i didn't expect Baby 5 to get that much support.
I might support Winry (and Jeanne d'Arc still) from now on, so that i can say Baby 5 lost against the winner :hip

By the way, all of this made me want to start watching fma (brotherhood) again, and i was wondering why Riza hasn't been nominated. She's great, i've always have a thing for her. My favourite from fma.
This is not a best character competition, this is a best waifu competition. It's true that popularity affects some votes though. It's true that there are people who voted for FT because of sheer hate but there are people who voted for said characters just because they are from FT as well. Characters from less popular series are always disadvantaged. Lot of people probably talk about FT because several nominations are from this series and because it's easy to tease the fanbase, but in reality they are nothing special. What surprises me the most is the fact that both SnK girls(not even Annie :notlikethis) won. None of the Fate characters lost as well.
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,374
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
You my Friend shows something unique out here and it's called good taste :true
Why Thank you :true i can say the same about you just by looking at your Avatar :victory
 

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
This is not a best character competition, this is a best waifu competition. It's true that popularity affects some votes though. It's true that there are people who voted for FT because of sheer hate but there are people who voted for said characters just because they are from FT as well. Characters from less popular series are always disadvantaged. Lot of people probably talk about FT because several nominations are from this series and because it's easy to tease the fanbase, but in reality they are nothing special. What surprises me the most is the fact that both SnK girls(not even Annie :notlikethis) won. None of the Fate characters lost as well.
I know this is a Waifu competition don't worry.
But yeah, trying to eliminate FT girls just because they are from FT, or voting for FT girls just because they are from FT... In both cases, i find this rather dumb, but that's just me.
 

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 26, 2016
Messages
3,186
Reaction score
5,328
Gender
Male
Country
France
The Fairy fail squad will still find a way to beat us through PoF. :8C
But we have PoF : Power of Fate :cop
I just don't see Mikasa as a waifu material Simple as that :cookiehand

I overall like Mikasa and her badass side I only don't like when she's going all " Eren... " mode :errr
I totally agree there :kappa
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,410
Gender
Male
Country
France
It's true that Rita lost but I am not that mad since she was against the most popular Fate character and is not that popular.

Erina's loss against Mikasa is much more painful to me :epicfacepalm. I am going to love that Artoria VS Mikasa match.
 

EmptySoul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
765
Reaction score
3,282
Country
Akatsuki
WoW, a very close match with My girl Historia pulling through :celebrate

GG @XXEliteXXAceXX
Historia vs Rindou is sadly going to be the round i say goodbye to my nominnee
knowing how huge the Rindou fanclub is ( me being one :XD )

Erza stomps through as expected
Erza vs Hinata should be pretty easy too
Like why tf did Hinata even advance
these waifu PLs are a mess :XD
This makes Hinata>Juvia>>Touka

Mikasa vs Saber will be a really tough/close one i believe
Hopefully it ends in best girls win
 
Last edited:

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Omg these results :lmao

First, RIP Smoothie and goldb's attempted bribery. What a shame.
Erina actually lost. Should've sent the better relative :rolleyes: Rem lost too, it seems everyone just loves Emilia.

Iri is still in this. Shes doing pretty well eh @MArGi ?
Hinata's win is very surprising. Rip Brandish.
Very glad to see Holo surpassing that Fairy Tail *insert name here*
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,387
Reaction score
12,175
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I don't understand the hate for FT.
I'm from the FT subsection, and don't get me wrong, i think this manga is utter garbage. But in terms of characters, the nominated girls from FT are all great and i don't understand the urge of discrediting them just because they are from FT. Especially when it comes from people i know from the FT section
Basically what Demonspeed said. I don't like the story anymore and will trash it given the opportunity, but I know it's popularity easily eclipses a lot of other series and it's fans will come out of the woodwork to support it where ever and whenever they can. Especially when it comes to something character specific like this. I discredit them because they are a threat to the rebel alliance it's sometimes easy to predict how some events will turn out when they are included.
 
Top