Fun Thread - What did you learn today? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fun Thread What did you learn today?

Final_Boss

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
There's a saying you learn something new everyday. Let's put that to the test. List something you learned today, it can be educational or something common like your cousin is getting married.

----------------------------------

I learned that Ben Stein made a documentary that defends intelligent design. I always assumed he was an atheist, so this came as a surprise.

reverie

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Some of you might already know but I've just found out about this while scrolling through tumblr:

"Jiraiya was based from a japanese folklore, The Tale of the Gallant Jiraiya. In the legend, Jiraiya is a ninja who uses shapeshifting magic to morph into a gigantic toad. As the heir of a powerful clan in Kyūshū of the same name, Jiraiya fell in love with Tsunade (綱手), a beautiful young maiden who has mastered slug magic. His arch-enemy was his one-time follower Yashagorō (夜叉五郎), later known as Orochimaru (大蛇丸), a master of serpent magic (the kanji 大蛇 literally means "giant snake" or "serpent").

Final_Boss

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I learned how to use numerous machines for cutting/drilling into certain metal. It'll be useful when I start making my solar panel.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I learned that my body is still quite agile and flexible. :x3 :x3

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Aye wells - I learned from Zimby that treatment tools for pets can be used for humans.
However its expensive for 70 bucks!
Mind sending me one??

Reactions: z.5

Polemos

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
humorous.com redirects you to joke.com. It doesn't have anything funny in there, but it does exist.

kira

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
I learned that I'll be heading to the capital city in 10 days. :arf

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I learned (I should have a long time ago) that being extremely kind to everyone is sometimes painful. I was too naive. Not everyone out there will reciprocate. They just dump you.

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Today I learned of the benefits of having more than 1 type of keyboard for certain cases.

I learned (I should have a long time ago) that being extremely kind to everyone is sometimes painful. I was too naive. Not everyone out there will reciprocate. They just dump you.
That doesn't sound nice. Don't let it get to you too much, but depends on the case and what your kindness-mistake was(like lending money or similar) it could also be good that you learned that lesson.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
- judging others by yourself, not from what you hear from others
- an enforcer is hated by many people

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I learned that boys can ship anime/manga characters just as intensely as girls do. (Holo vs. Hinata thread) Waifu shipping can be very interesting.:popcorn

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I learned that boys can ship anime/manga characters just as intensely as girls do. (Holo vs. Hinata thread) Waifu shipping can be very interesting.:popcorn
Oh yes that's true destiny-senpai. Have you heard FT section? There are certain male users that ship intensely too :heh Sometimes I am amazed by that. I myself have favorite ship, but I don't bother defending them. Let alone talking about shipping in general. Rarely.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Oh yes that's true destiny-senpai. Have you heard FT section? There are certain male users that ship intensely too :heh Sometimes I am amazed by that. I myself have favorite ship, but I don't bother defending them. Let alone talking about shipping in general. Rarely.
Admit it. You've done it yourself at least once Ahmad :XD

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh yes that's true destiny-senpai. Have you heard FT section? There are certain male users that ship intensely too Sometimes I am amazed by that. I myself have favorite ship, but I don't bother defending them. Let alone talking about shipping in general. Rarely.

Thank you for your reply, DMY-kun! I haven’t visited the FT section so I wouldn’t know how intense shipping can get there, but I take your trusty word for it.

Another thing that surprised me is how much salt Hinata is getting in the Holo vs. Hinata thread.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I learned that someone can hurt even though he doesn't mean to do it.

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Based on my experience of reading and watching anime/manga, I learned that some of Japanese mangakas got mental issues and it's not funny. Either they're forced to do something that isn't the original plan or they actually got problems.