Fun Thread What did you learn today?

Final_Boss

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 3, 2017
Messages
20
Reaction score
8
Age
41
Country
United States
There's a saying you learn something new everyday. Let's put that to the test. List something you learned today, it can be educational or something common like your cousin is getting married.

----------------------------------

I learned that Ben Stein made a documentary that defends intelligent design. I always assumed he was an atheist, so this came as a surprise.
 

reverie

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
102
Reaction score
247
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Some of you might already know but I've just found out about this while scrolling through tumblr:

"Jiraiya was based from a japanese folklore, The Tale of the Gallant Jiraiya. In the legend, Jiraiya is a ninja who uses shapeshifting magic to morph into a gigantic toad. As the heir of a powerful clan in Kyūshū of the same name, Jiraiya fell in love with Tsunade (綱手), a beautiful young maiden who has mastered slug magic. His arch-enemy was his one-time follower Yashagorō (夜叉五郎), later known as Orochimaru (大蛇丸), a master of serpent magic (the kanji 大蛇 literally means "giant snake" or "serpent").
 

Final_Boss

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 3, 2017
Messages
20
Reaction score
8
Age
41
Country
United States
I learned how to use numerous machines for cutting/drilling into certain metal. It'll be useful when I start making my solar panel.
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,048
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I learned that my body is still quite agile and flexible. :x3 :x3
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,048
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Aye wells - I learned from Zimby that treatment tools for pets can be used for humans.
However its expensive for 70 bucks!
Mind sending me one??
 
  • Like
Reactions: z.5

Polemos

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2016
Messages
205
Reaction score
572
Country
Imperium of Mankind
humorous.com redirects you to joke.com. It doesn't have anything funny in there, but it does exist.
 

kira

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2016
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
17,395
Country
Torumekian Empire
I learned that I'll be heading to the capital city in 10 days. :arf
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,660
Reaction score
31,921
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
I learned (I should have a long time ago) that being extremely kind to everyone is sometimes painful. I was too naive. Not everyone out there will reciprocate. They just dump you.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,595
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Today I learned of the benefits of having more than 1 type of keyboard for certain cases.

I learned (I should have a long time ago) that being extremely kind to everyone is sometimes painful. I was too naive. Not everyone out there will reciprocate. They just dump you.
That doesn't sound nice. Don't let it get to you too much, but depends on the case and what your kindness-mistake was(like lending money or similar) it could also be good that you learned that lesson.
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,660
Reaction score
31,921
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
- judging others by yourself, not from what you hear from others
- an enforcer is hated by many people
 

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I learned that boys can ship anime/manga characters just as intensely as girls do. (Holo vs. Hinata thread) Waifu shipping can be very interesting.:popcorn
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,660
Reaction score
31,921
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
I learned that boys can ship anime/manga characters just as intensely as girls do. (Holo vs. Hinata thread) Waifu shipping can be very interesting.:popcorn
Oh yes that's true destiny-senpai. Have you heard FT section? There are certain male users that ship intensely too :heh Sometimes I am amazed by that. I myself have favorite ship, but I don't bother defending them. Let alone talking about shipping in general. Rarely.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Oh yes that's true destiny-senpai. Have you heard FT section? There are certain male users that ship intensely too :heh Sometimes I am amazed by that. I myself have favorite ship, but I don't bother defending them. Let alone talking about shipping in general. Rarely.
Admit it. You've done it yourself at least once Ahmad :XD
 

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 30, 2008
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
6,349
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Oh yes that's true destiny-senpai. Have you heard FT section? There are certain male users that ship intensely too Sometimes I am amazed by that. I myself have favorite ship, but I don't bother defending them. Let alone talking about shipping in general. Rarely.

Thank you for your reply, DMY-kun! I haven’t visited the FT section so I wouldn’t know how intense shipping can get there, but I take your trusty word for it.

Another thing that surprised me is how much salt Hinata is getting in the Holo vs. Hinata thread.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I learned that someone can hurt even though he doesn't mean to do it.
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,107
Reaction score
12,870
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
Based on my experience of reading and watching anime/manga, I learned that some of Japanese mangakas got mental issues and it's not funny. Either they're forced to do something that isn't the original plan or they actually got problems.
 
Top