Hangout - Dr. Stone Hangout Thread | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Dr. Stone Hangout Thread

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I liked the chapter. Ruri's illness will probably the main topic next chapter. I am sure it'll be easy to solve for Senkuu considering how primitive they are.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Ruri is really REALLY pretty, there's something about the art style of the girls in this manga that really calls out to you. Normally big eyes tend to be a thing in moe anime so in manga like this the style tends to feel a little out of place, but damn, so far Yuzuriha, Kohaku and Ruri look absolutely stunning with those eyes :zomg
Another really good chapter, these Senkuu POV chapters keep on getting better and better, he really is the best part of this series :amuse Also, following the introduction of the 40 characters from the village 2 chapters ago, I like how the author is taking his time showing each of the 40 slowly by slowly in different areas of the village, such as Ruri being the priestess. Though, if she's the priestess, does that mean religion is prevalent in this age? :hmm
Chrome is in love with Ruri, calling it now. Also, seeing as how none of the villagers recognized what bubbles were two chapters ago, I get the feeling Ruri's illness might be too simplistic. If its dealt with next chapter I honestly won't be surprised. Would love it if it becomes a long standing plot element though. :p

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I agree about Ruri's illness. Watch it be the flu or something lol. But this might be the opening Senkuu needs to gain the gratitude of the village. Saving the Priestess who seems to be loved by everyone would be a big deal. More of an information chapter, Introductions to more of the villagers and Senkuu gathering materials, but it wasn't boring. Looking forward to the next chapter.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
I liked the chapter. Ruri's illness will probably the main topic next chapter. I am sure it'll be easy to solve for Senkuu considering how primitive they are.
It's probably the flu, hence the bath water.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
The hell? When did Stone got a subthread? I'm starting to enjoy it more way more after the terrible follow up after the first chapter but people really like it too? Could of fooled me.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
The hell? When did Stone got a subthread? I'm starting to enjoy it more way more after the terrible follow up after the first chapter but people really like it too? Could of fooled me.
What's a Subthread?

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Basically this week, hooray!

I am now on board with Dr. Stone now that Senkuu is the focus.

Kurisubestwaifu

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
It has become way more interesting since he got the spotlight. Also, damn i am impressed how he could manage to recreate antibiotics, such a boss. That thing about the Earth angle being altered might be useful in the future. Now he will probably find a way to heal Ruri and gain the villagers trust.

Styx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I just started the manga myself. It's trying to teach me how to make moonshine despite being illegal....so I'm sold. :super

When did this manga come out? Looks fairly new, like 2016 new.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
I just started the manga myself. It's trying to teach me how to make moonshine despite being illegal....so I'm sold. :super

When did this manga come out? Looks fairly new, like 2016 new.
Yep, it's a really good manga, it delves a lot into Science and you get to know about other cool stuff besides moonshine ;)
It's been serialized since March this year, you were right on it being fairly new, only 20 chapters so far but its released constantly on a weekly basis :pleased

Styx

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Yep, it's a really good manga, it delves a lot into Science and you get to know about other cool stuff besides moonshine ;)
It's been serialized since March this year, you were right on it being fairly new, only 20 chapters so far but its released constantly on a weekly basis :pleased
Sweet, science lessons in my manga! Now I can nerd like the rest of 'em! :nerd I'm on chapter 9 right now, but I'm speeding through it! Very enjoyable!

(March? Cool! I'm not late to the game at all! It is rare for me to catch a series when it starts. :XD)

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
For Boichi fan's (don't know if it has already been posted previously, my apologies if it were, but here's a Boichi website : https://boichi.com/ (oh he loves women and food a lot )

https://boichi.com/food-adventures/

You can find some interestiong stuff, for instance enjoy :zomg :

https://boichi.com/ask-boichi-festival-answers/
extract said:
11. Learning anatomy
How much time did it take you learn anatomy and any advice? Symon Miyamoto

Well… I’m not in the position to give any advice about drawing human anatomy but I’ll tell you what I know.

Studying human anatomy is very similar to studying math or learning a foreign language.
Or maybe playing football.

When you study foreign language, you study their grammar, memorize vocabularies, practice listening, reading and speaking a lot. And making friends who are native speaker and converse with time.
These will help you learn a foreign language.

For example, if someone wants to study a foreign language and only study the vocabularies, then he cannot speak.
If you do not study grammar and only have experience with conversations, you will not able to employ beautiful words and it’ll be impossible to teach this language to others.
Learning foreign language with the only goal of dating someone, that is just a Casanova, not a language magician… (Wait…Casanova was a language magician wasn’t he? Cut it!! Cut it!!)

Anyway studying anatomy is something similar.
Grammar is the principle of drawing human body, its vocabularies are the muscles, bones systems and poses.
Listening, writing, speaking are croquis and life drawing.
And making native speaker friends and get a job is submitting your works to the publishers.
It is very similar.

Here’s a list about how it works.

• Grammar = Keep studying what the human body looks like.
Where are they, what do they do, how do they pose? Keep drawing until you have them memorized in your head.
I kept studying this for 10 years.

• Vocabularies = Bones, muscles and poses.
Memorize them!
I won’t say do 100 pages a day or draw 100 parts of the human body a day!!
Do as you can 3 pages a day or 2~3 human parts for 2 hours. But do so every day.
Don’t do many, but little by little for 10 years.
I did this everyday for 10 years since I was in highschool.
Of course I still keep doing this. (Not every day but often.)

• Reading and writing = Croquis, life drawing and sketching.
One thing I’m strongly warning you about: do not copy someone else’s drawing.
Draw your own and improve your style. It’s okay if the first times your drawing style may seem immature.
Don’t worry about it.
Just keep drawing and then one day you will discover that you have developed your arts skills.

• Keep Practicing = drawing manga.
Everything comes from practice.
However, those that are only practicing are like those who play football without running or training. It’s a bit stupid.
Everyone can talk with a foreigner with 50 words but if you want to write a novel you need to know 150 000 words at least.

• Making friends (getting a job or entering college) = submission to the publishers.
It’s your goal for now, however it is not the finish line but another beginning.
Rethink about why you started learning human anatomy and study some more.
Then you will find better ways to study.
Keep it up!!

–Boichi

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

MangaHelpers Manga Wars 2017 is coming soon!

MArGi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
France

The MangaHelpers Manga Wars 2017 have just started.
Join us and nominate your favourite manga! :cheerbunny
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The journey through the labyrinth of magic has ended for Aladdin and Alibaba.

But rejoice Magi fans, the Magi Awards are coming soon! :cheerbunny

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu

Hello! The preparations for the Winter Art Contest 2017 have started!
Check it out (by clicking on the banner) and join us^^

Brace yourselves: the Husbando Wars are coming on Dec 13th!
Prepare your heart to engage and your blood pressure to survive the salt~​

--- Double Post Merged, ---
Hide your wives, the Husbando Wars is on! *-*
Time to submit your nomination~

The Anime Awards 2018 is coming soon!
Join us on 02.02.2018^^

AAAAAND IT'S HERE!
We look forward for your participation, join us through the banner bellow \o/​

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
MangaHelpers Manga Awards 2018 is live on March 28th! Please anticipate it! :blai

Waifu Wars 2018 is coming soon!​

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Maybe an anime announcement coming soon? Not sure, but that would be pretty exciting.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Maybe an anime announcement coming soon? Not sure, but that would be pretty exciting.
This is a PV for Volume 7, I believe. At the moment Stone's sales aren't astronomical, but there's no reason to write off a possible anime yet either.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Are you guys interested in having a thread for chapter reviews like this one?