Final Match Mikasa Ackerman vs Holo

Who is the ultimate Waifu?

  • Mikasa Ackerman

  • Holo


The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,410
Gender
Male
Country
France
Maybe you should go back one page and re-read what I wrote there. It was never my intention to claim anything or to convince anyone. I just explained why a lot of people probably don't consider Holo as waifu even if they don't know her character.

I even said that I maybe watch Spice and Wolf and I maybe would like Holo, but even if I would like her as a character I wouldn't consider her as a waifu.
If people believe me or not is not important for me, it's my opinion or taste which won't be changed by anyone.

I really get the feeling, people here read what they wanna read.

BTT: Eren already "died" once and she was able to overcome it.
What I am saying is simple. I understand the reasoning, but without knowing the character it doesn't hold much weight. How can they know for sure how they would find a character they don't even know? They might even hate her. If I didn't know Mikasa or SnK my posts would have been much shorter.

Didn't we already see her reaction when Eren died though? Or well,when we all thought he had died :XD She vowed to keep living, to never give up, all while thiking he was dead.
Now, admittedly, at the beginning she had given up the will to live, but I find that to be a incredibly natural reaction.
Most human beings DO feel like utterly giving up when they lose someone they love. Mikasa lost her birth parents, she lost her adoptive parents, and then she heard that the person she loved most in the world had died. She lost everyone and everything. Why would anyone rationally expect her to get over Eren’s death within minutes and then suddenly find self-motivation? That would be typical Mary Sue behavior; in other words, completely unrealistic.
It makes sense that after hearing Eren has died, Mikasa is going to think of their memories together. He’s not just some boy she likes because he’s handsome and nice or something; he is the person who saved her from sex trafficking and taught her how to fight. Mikasa losing her will to live yet deciding to not give up so that she can at least remember Eren — sure, that’s not the most ideal reason to live, but it’s a realistic reaction.
Now this is becoming something else. I admit that I had forgotten about Eren's death. But it doesn't change a lot to what I said about her personality. I never said I was expecting her to overcome it instantly too, that would be unrealistic indeed. How does the fact that she decided to keep living after Eren's death matter here? You are ignoring everything I said before that.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,857
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Get to the end post :cookiehand

To this degree = Jammin going on about prejudice/swaztikas.

That kind of remark is beyond the dog comments I have made. And I've been called racist because I would not waifu a dog person :cookiestare

I've baited and bashed the animal features bit. I haven't called people dog f***ers.

Don't put me in with Jammin and Demon who go the extra level of desperation. They are salt lords.
Dude, why don't you take a step back and look at what you posted for a second.:amuse

Your not into Holo. You like your waifu more, that's cool. Poor judgment but whatever. You say crap like this...

Who cares about Spice and Wolf.

For this match just focus on wolf.

You're barking up the wrong tree here with this Holo is so awesome nonsense too :8C she's cool but come on she's part animal :cookiehand I'll admit she's got more charm than Mikasa (which isn't a big deal tbh), but even Babe the pig had charm. There's a line you are not supposed to cross :cookiestare
At that point you are openly not attacking Holo as a character. Your attacking Holo based on her race. We have a word for that in the English language. You don't like that word, I don't like it either. Stop doing the thing the word refers to and I can stop using it to describe what you just did.
Everybody wins.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
. I never said I was expecting her to overcome it instantly too, that would be unrealistic indeed. How does the fact that she decided to keep living after Eren's death matter here? You are ignoring everything I said before that.
Oh, I wasn't directing that to you, sorry if it came out that way, it was more of a generalized statement than anything, I was trying to make more pro Mikasa points :facepalm
I dont think anyone (who wasn't "salt baiting") said that Mikasa's extreme affection towards Eren was a bad thing, its just that protecting him and keep on living is the only thing that stands out in her character goals, therefore if you take her out of that... yeah, she could be fine, but definitely not better than Holo. :pleased
LMAO still better than Holo :hmph
But thanks for agreeing that Mikasa's affection isn't a bad thing, at least that isn't a minus for you :)
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,024
Reaction score
6,631
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Get to the end post :cookiehand

To this degree = Jammin going on about prejudice/swaztikas.
That kind of remark is beyond the dog comments I have made. And I've been called racist because I would not waifu a dog person :cookiestare

I've baited and bashed the animal features bit. I haven't called people dog f***ers.

Don't put me in with Jammin and Demon who go the extra level of desperation. They are salt lords.
Wow, congrats to the Mikasa fans on seeding the moral high ground on levels yet to be seen in this contest. A whole argument founded on prejudice. Bet you all that sided with Mikasa are really proud you get to side with... that. Congratulations guys.
How is this related to prejudice or swastika?
I only quoted Belserion because the post Belserion quoted (the one I'm quoting above now) is completely innocent compared to your "dog person" trolling.

Are you both referring to an older post or something?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Actually, scratching my question partially.
How did we even arrive at swastika while arguing about waifu o_O
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
How is this related to prejudice or swastika?
I only quoted Belserion because the post Belserion quoted (the one I'm quoting above now) is completely innocent compared to your "dog person" trolling.

Are you both referring to an older post or something?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Actually, scratching my question partially.
How did we even arrive at swastika while arguing about waifu o_O
Ask Jammin. He's the one saying Mikasa fans are suddenly racist and we're polishing our Swastikas. That's the post I was quoting saying he didn't have to twist it to that degree. That's just over the top.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,857
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
How did we even arrive at swastika while arguing about waifu o_O
The flames of war have a way of spreading.

To clarify it was my remark about the disgracing way some have been embracing prejudice based on race which is what some of the Mikasa fans have been going with. And how innocent Mikasa fans must not feel great about getting caught up in a group doing that. While we Holo fan's are just filled with love. Cat girls, Dog girls, Wolf girls. We love all.
 
Last edited:

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Touches ground with one finger and licks finger...

Holy shit, so salty...

Anyway, voted Holo. It looks like she won't win this, but whatever. Gonna watch Spice & Wolf soon, and if she exceeds my expectations, I'll spank every Mikasa voter in the gluteal region. #totallyfair
 

Potatoe-Titan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2017
Messages
198
Reaction score
263
Country
Germany
One last time... you can love what you want, but if someone has a different taste and is not into Cat girls, Dog girls, Wolf girls or whatever, it doesn't make him a racist, it's a matter of taste.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
This sure went off course. I'm surprised nobody said "filthy subhuman" to describe Holo yet.
Perhaps this thread has gone on too long.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,024
Reaction score
6,631
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Ask Jammin. He's the one saying Mikasa fans are suddenly racist and we're polishing our Swastikas. That's the post I was quoting saying he didn't have to twist it to that degree. That's just over the top.
Well, from what I saw, you quoted a standalone post of his that quoted again above and I was replying to that myself. I didn't see the racism reference.
If I saw something wrong, I stand corrected.
 

Seraph

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2017
Messages
3,374
Reaction score
9,907
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Finland
Coming into this Thread:

Since any Points as to why Mikasa is/would be a Good Waifu for anyone are basically more or less wasted at this Point in here i'll just make a Quick reminder to Vote for Mikasa as Best Waifu.
#MikasaForBestWaifu
#JustVoteMikasaOrHoloAndBeDoneWithThis
#DamnThatSalt
#PreferencesRule
#TastesDifferFromPersonToPerson

Seeing as i already made 2 or 3 Posts regarding Respect towards each other and how to properly bring out the "Fun" in an Event like this in this Round and previous Ones, i really don't feel like doing another one honestly,not even sure if someone has actually read them because of their "Length" but yeah well just wanted to say I TRIED!.
Didn't think this Final Round would stray this far off from the Original Intent this Event originally had but yeah well i guess i am still a Newbee to certain Things here be it Events like this one here or just Discussions about certain Topics.
Differing Opinions make Events like this Fun of course they do but not when they shift into the Wrong Direction.
Anyway here is a Mikasa Picture for the Mikasa Supporters and People that Still want to make their Mind up about it,in terms of the Looks Department.
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,246
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
At that point you are openly not attacking Holo as a character. Your attacking Holo based on her race. We have a word for that in the English language.

You don't like that word, I don't like it either. Stop doing it and I can stop using it. Because it will stop being true.
What race :lmao You're giving out swaztika's to people, based on them "attacking" a fictional entity, that is a hybrid with another species. That's unreasonable to say the least rofl.

I know you guys love puppy people but come on now.
 

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
For the people who haven't voted yet, think carefully:

Do you want Mikasa that sounds almost like Que (ki) pasa

or

Do you want Holo that is quite close to the word holy

I already know the answer and you should know too!
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
For the people who haven't voted yet, think carefully:

Do you want Mikasa that sounds almost like Que (ki) pasa

or

Do you want Holo that is quite close to the word holy

I already know the answer and you should know too!
:notsure
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,857
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What race :lmao You're giving out swaztika's to people, based on them "attacking" a fictional entity, that is a hybrid with another species. That's unreasonable to say the least rofl.

I know you guys love puppy people but come on now.
I'm not giving out anything but love my friend. Love that transcends the physical and the material. All that holds you back from realizing the adorable glory that is Holo are the walls you've built around your heart. What use are your arbitrary racial barriers? Do they make you happy? Do they enrich your life?

Break down the feeble walls of racial inequality! See the glorious light that you have blinded yourself too! See the moe majesty that is Holo!


​
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,024
Reaction score
6,631
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
I'm not giving out anything but love my friend. Love that transcends the physical and the material. All that holds you back from realizing the adorable glory that is Holo are the walls you've built around your heart. What use are your arbitrary racial barriers? Do they make you happy? Do they enrich your life?
I think it's pretty obvious at this point that Mikasa carved out Brandish's heart and is carrying it around as a reserve for Eren.
He's a lost case. Give up, be selfish in love. Let us keep our Holo love to ourselves and let them be with their Mikasa.

We will see who gets a divorce first :frankerz
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top