Discussion - Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread | Page 395 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

• Team Spriggan 12

Votes: 41 50.0%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

Votes: 41 50.0%

• Total voters

Woodenstool

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Jackal, Jellal, Silver
Jackal and Silver aren't even close to mountain level. Silver froze an entire village, that's completely
Different than completely destroying it to non existent.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It was a mountain.Lector mentions that the whole mountain was slashed.

Judging from Current Arc feats Igneel and Acnologia will be even above island level to country level feats.
Character dialogue means shit in this case. You can literally see each end of the rock in one panel and the person who sliced it is nearly as tall the left over.

A mountain is defined as something 1000ft or taller anything other is pretty much a hill. You can't actually believe that's a mountain.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
It was a mountain.Lector mentions that the whole mountain was slashed.

Judging from Current Arc feats Igneel and Acnologia will be even above island level to country level feats.
Acnologia is small island +
CSK destroyed a freaking plutogrim (tartaros hideout) in one go. Pretty sure acnologia and igneel are island buters which is even more impressive than a mountain busting.
He put a hole through it, he didn't completely destroy it. Everyone seems to be missing the point, Gildarts can bust mountains extra casually without effort.

Star Frost

Reaction score
Country
United States
Jackal and Silver aren't even close to mountain level. Silver froze an entire village, that's completely Different than completely destroying it to non existence.
Why because it's not destructive? My thing is it don't have to be so for as long as he shown what he's capable of doing like Irene who is country level with Universe One which isn't destructive

He put a hole through it, he didn't completely destroy it. Everyone seems to be missing the point, Gildarts can bust mountains extra casually without effort.
No that was Erza, the CSK did destroyed the Plutogrim.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Jackal and Silver aren't even close to mountain level. Silver froze an entire village, that's completely

Character dialogue means shit in this case. You can literally see each end of the rock in one panel and the person who sliced it is nearly as tall the left over.

A mountain is defined as something 1000ft or taller anything other is pretty much a hill. You can't actually believe that's a mountain.

Acnologia is small island +

Well if you doubt words what can i say?As it is the author can't draw a 1000 ft figure in a page.

Acnologia will be small island level only if August,Irene and Brandish>Acnologia.All 3 of them have feats of affecting an entire country so power scaling says he is also country level.

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Gildartz blitz him once and august copy it how is that being nerfed? it was august that was nerfed who didn't use most of his magic in fact he wasn't serious the whole time until he used the ars magia aka PIS cause he could solo him with other magical feats

Woodenstool

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well if you doubt words what can i say?As it is the author can't draw a 1000 ft figure in a page.

Acnologia will be small island level only if August,Irene and Brandish>Acnologia.All 3 of them have feats of affecting an entire country so power scaling says he is also country level.
The mountain Gildarts destroyed was way taller than 1000ft. August has yet to prove to destroy an entire country, Mavis even said thag the entire city would be affected.

The only thing that is country level is Acnologias durability. He literally took on a continents worth of magic and almost broke free.

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Of course they are, Jackal was about to destroy an entire city, Silver froze the sun village as well as the entire area surrounding it, which included several mountains. And Jellal's Sema AoE is even bigger.

Dont know why you're so hung up on it anyway, size doesnt equal power, doesnt matter how many gigatons of force it'd take to destroy a mountain in real life, in the Fairy Tail universe an attack like that has less power in it than a wack from August's staff.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
The mountain Gildarts destroyed was way taller than 1000ft. August has yet to prove to destroy an entire country, Mavis even said thag the entire city would be affected.

The only thing that is country level is Acnologias durability. He literally took on a continents worth of magic and almost broke free.
And that mountain is only 1.5 inches in the manga.You can't judge a size like that way.

And if you disapprove what shown in the Manga that is Ars Magia is a country buster tgen we will just have agree to disagree.

Woodenstool

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
And that mountain is only 1.5 inches in the manga.You can't judge a size like that way.

And if you disapprove what shown in the Manga that is Ars Magia is a country buster tgen we will just have agree to disagree.
Wtf. This feats as been calc already.

The mountain Gildarts and Natsu were sitting on dwarfed thousands of trees that scale to be 20ft tall. On top of all that a lake and water could be seen during the destruction and before when Natsu and Gildarts were talking.

Kagura is not even mountain level. Whatever the spell is called, it only affected people in the city of Magnolia. It never has been seen destroying or affecting anyone on the entire country just the city. And he died trying to donit

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Wtf. This feats as been calc already.

The mountain Gildarts and Natsu were sitting on dwarfed thousands of trees that scale to be 20ft tall. On top of all that a lake and water could be seen during the destruction and before when Natsu and Gildarts were talking.

Kagura is not even mountain level. Whatever the spell is called, it only affected people in the city of Magnolia. It never has been seen destroying or affecting anyone on the entire country just the city. And he died trying to donit
And Lector also mentioned that Kagura slashed the mountain.

Doesn't matter.The author can't show everything happening in the country.In Magnolia the battle was going so he choose to focus on it.In the official CR Translation it was mentioned August could blow up the entire country.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Acnologia already destroyed all the dragons and yet you still claim he's fodder. Let's do the math, Acnologia killed all the dragons in human form, killed Igneel again and is considered fodder.

Anyway, Acnologia couldn't catch the ship due to plot, the audience needed to see the Ravines of Time. He came specifically after the Spriggans were defeated because Hiro couldn't fit all that in story at once. Not because "he has low speed" feats.

And Wendy did not cancel out all of Irene's spells kid. Just one, quit letting out false information from your fan fiction. Let's do the math for this one, Irene enchants the army extra casually and Ezra barley holds up but the moment she tags Irene she's somehow stronger than Irene and she's fodder.

Acnologia has the ability to extract a dragon's soul. For somebody with that technique, it wouldn't be difficult for them to slay a bunch of low-tier dragons..

According to Zirconis, there were many dragon slayers from that time period who could slay Dragons. For ancient dragon slayers 400 years ago, it wasn't an impressive feat. Acnologia doesn't stand out in that aspect.

It wasn't "just once" that Irene had her spells canceled by Wendy... Here are 2 examples:

Not to mention, Wendy countered Irene spells multiple times:

So yeah, it wasn't only a "one-time deal"...

For a 400 year old "experienced" wizard like Irene, I was hoping that she did better against a young teenaged girl like Wendy...

I'm not exaggerating when I said "Wendy canceled all of Irene's spells". Every chance Wendy got, she was able to successfully reverse the effects of Irene's spells.
this is probably be my last post because we are really going in circle with this

it doesnt matter once again its his ability from his DS magic. disadvantage or not its still proves acno>ingeel because he has the ability to reap souls from dragons that his power and u cant just say "100% igneel is stronger because he ripped his arm at 50%''. by ur logic almost every1 that fights august is massive disadvantage because he can copy magic but still gildartz>august or that human mages are in a massively disadvantage against dragons but till gildartz>AF that pretty much ur saying. the reason why i brought this up because u believe that wendy>irene because of her DS magic can beat an dragon irene which is a disadvantage for irene and a + for wendy so by ur logic wendy>anco because they are ''low tier dragons''

it doesnt matter bro a causal roar should kill or oneshot a group of wizards (fodders included) i mean a top tier dragon can perform that feat aka igneel right?? . atlma flames couldnt do that mean him and the gmg dragons are not top tier dragons?? according to ur logic. the same logic ur using on acno is the same logic im using and use it on the gmg dragons it either altmas flame is a low tier dragon same with anco or he isnt same because top tier dragons dont make those ''mistakes''. cant flip flop bro

being serious=/= use full power. the fact of the matter that it was stated that they were serious(again not going all out) but couldnt kill them/oneshot them at that moment proves my point even more because ur being bias toward gmg dragons.

i dont why u keep bringing up that AF and natsu saving them from the eclipse gate when that was never my argument. ill say this one last time I know that GMG dragons would have kill them eventually never said that any of the mages included the DS stand a chance against gmg dragons but gmg dragons couldnt put in quick work on any1 included fodders nor did they put any damage them despite not using their full power/causal moves , i keep bring up "they couldnt kill fodders" because ur saying acno didnt kill fodders so that logic apply to the gmg dragons because they didnt perform any better feats. show me a panel when gajeel died fighting a dragon i dont remember that at all and ok gajeel beat rogue? and i dont understand ur logic here what r u trying to say??

no u did not understand what i just said i just talking during the FF arc. we didnt know who gildartz was untill after coming back to the guild. be4 his appearance we didnt have his track record other then he was hype to be the strongest member in the FT guild. so i guess at that FF natsu>gildartz. because we had no track record of him prior to his feats.
the spinoff is non canon and i dont read those when it doesnt correlate to the story. if u dont understand still. im saying is that why not buy the hype GS when but buy gildartz being the strongest in FT. now im not tryin to debate GS vs gildartz (although IMO gildartz>GS) but prior to the hype and appearance they was both claim to be powerful dudes and then they display it with their feats.

i dont understand this logic acno has chistana tier speed when it just shows he has poor travelling speed? what does that have to do combat speed? i mean when fighting ingeel does he need his traveling speed to fight toe to toe with igneel?? traveling speed=/=combat speed . 2. cool when acno wasnt using his main powers. he can rip his arm off.

no it doesnt because full power ingeel will still lose to anco becuase he can steal his soul and eat magic.

jellal blocked human anco not dragon anco 2. jellal would have done the same with ingeel.

he caught up with chirstana did u forget that he did??? plus he got off because of the motion sickness

ok this is what ur saying acno is a low tier dragon because he didnt instantly catch Christina (even tho the plot made him delay the chase because we needed anna to explain who she was and how ravines of time works) and then he caught up but the motion sickness kicked in because chistana activated it. and he has low intelligence because he should left chistana alone and then chase after the other DS (and what do u except to do tho?) so if he went after the other DS he would made his iq 10x better which means better feat :cookiehand. u also said that anco couldnt kill any1 characters/fodders. (but gmg dragons couldnt do it same thing at the time they were given) by ur logic igneel needs to be 100% aka full powered to stand a chance to beat any low tier dragons. :cookiehand

ok? anco was playing with every1 the whole entire time. never saw him get serious in this entire arc in a battle but u keep bringing up not instantly catching chistana when that would be irrelevant in a battle because traveling speed=/=combat speed and his has low intelligence because he went after a ship full with wizard in it including a ds but u dismiss his other feats such as blitz GS and pass thru august (who knew he doesnt stand a chance against him).

It does matter since Acnologia's soul extraction technique is specifically meant to weaken a dragon, which is Igneel's natural body.

And August does have a significant advantage over magic users with his "Magic Nullification" ability. In fact, the advantage is so great that his magic is even deemed, "hax magic".

Against anybody who uses magic, August clearly has the upper-hand by default.

I disagree, Atlas Flame himself stated that his casual roar was not meant to kill wizards. And that's proven.

When the time came for Atlas Flame to show his true power, he was able to compete on the likes of Motherglare & Future Rogue.

Sting stated that his dragon was going "all out". That's not a reliable source, especially since he was in a moment of shock & panic.

The GMG Dragons proved to be an actual threat towards Ishgar. If the Eclipse Gate hadn't been destroyed, it would have been the end for everybody. Ultear even had to rewind time to avoid a catastrophic tragedy.

On the other hand, Acnologia kept repeating the same stupid mistakes over and over again.

He is capable of killing fodders.

But he messed up several times out of plain ignorance.

That's the difference.

Movement speed is an extremely critical part of combat. If you struggle just to catch up to your opponent, how do you expect to easily finish them off?

And actually, Acnologia also has slow combat speed. His attack was blocked by Jellal's casual shield.

I never said Acnologia couldn't catch Christina. I said, "Acnologia struggled to catch up to Christina".

Which is not "top-tier dragon" worthy.

And yeah... I don't believe Acnologia was "playing around with everybody".

This dude only wants destruction. And he was pissed off just trying to catch Christina.

He had every intention to kill Wendy, but simply couldn't break through Jellal's casual shield.

Woodenstool

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Of course they are, Jackal was about to destroy an entire city, Silver froze the sun village as well as the entire area surrounding it, which included several mountains. And Jellal's Sema AoE is even bigger.

Dont know why you're so hung up on it anyway, size doesnt equal power, doesnt matter how many gigatons of force it'd take to destroy a mountain in real life, in the Fairy Tail universe an attack like that has less power in it than a wack from August's staff.
Jellals attack is leagues above any of them. His attacks gets fucking aireal views.

Jackal
Acnologia has the ability to extract a dragon's soul. For somebody with that technique, it wouldn't be difficult for them to slay a bunch of low-tier dragons..

According to Zirconis, there were many dragon slayers from that time period who could slay Dragons. For ancient dragon slayers 400 years ago, it wasn't an impressive feat. Acnologia doesn't stand out in that aspect.

It wasn't "just once" that Irene had her spells canceled by Wendy... Here are 2 examples:

Not to mention, Wendy countered Irene spells multiple times:

So yeah, it wasn't only a "one-time deal"...

For a 400 year old "experienced" wizard like Irene, I was hoping that she did better against a young teenaged girl like Wendy...

I'm not exaggerating when I said "Wendy canceled all of Irene's spells". Every chance Wendy got, she was able to successfully reverse the effects of Irene's spells.

It does matter since Acnologia's soul extraction technique is specifically meant to weaken a dragon, which is Igneel's natural body.

And August does have a significant advantage over magic users with his "Magic Nullification" ability. In fact, the advantage is so great that his magic is even deemed, "hax magic".

I disagree, Atlas Flame himself stated that his casual roar was not meant to kill wizards. And that's proven.

When the time came for Atlas Flame to show his true power, he was able to compete on the likes of Motherglare & Future Rogue.

Sting stated that his dragon was going "all out". That's not a reliable source, especially since he was in a moment of shock & panic.

The GMG Dragons proved to be an actual threat towards Ishgar. If the Eclipse Gate hadn't been destroyed, it would have been the end for everybody. Ultear even had to rewind time to avoid a catastrophic tragedy.

On the other hand, Acnologia kept repeating the same stupid mistakes over and over again.

That's the difference.

Movement speed is an extremely critical part of combat. If you struggle just to catch up to your opponent, how do you expect to easily finish them off?

And actually, Acnologia also has slow combat speed. His attack was blocked by Jellal's casual shield.

I never said Acnologia couldn't catch Christina. I said, "Acnologia struggled to catch up to Christina".

This dude only wants destruction. And he was pissed off just trying to catch Christina.

He had every intention to kill Wendy, but simply couldn't break through Jellal's casual shield.
You are one sneaky snake in the grass aren't ya?

Those panels are from when Wendy and Irene switched bodies.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Jellals attack is leagues above any of them. His attacks gets fucking aireal views.

Jackal

Yep, and in the end it didnt even kill the likes of Racer. Size=/=power.

Woodenstool

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yep, and in the end it didnt even kill the likes of Racer. Size=/=power.
No one dies in Fairy tail. Jellal was about to use Sema at the GMG, it's a real meator and would've burned the fodder.

Tell me when Natsu doesn't burn the audience but he fucking melts concrete.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
No one dies in Fairy tail. Jellal was about to use Sema at the GMG, it's a real meator and would've burned the fodder.

Tell me when Natsu doesn't burn the audience but he fucking melts concrete.
Doesnt change the fact that Tartaros Jellal is fodder by current standards, even with his massive AoE, size=/=power. August not having a mountain busting feat is meaningless

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States

In the first 2 panels, Wendy was still in her own body. And in both situations, she was able to completely nullify Irene's enchantments.

As for the last 2 panels, Wendy was still able to reverse the effects of Irene's magic. The body switch is irrelevant because Wendy was still the one in control of canceling Irene's enchantments. Wendy simply had better skill in that aspect.

Woodenstool

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
In the first 2 panels, Wendy was still in her own body. And in both situations, she was able to completely nullify Irene's enchantments.

As for the last 2 panels, Wendy was still able to reverse the effects of Irene's magic. The body switch is irrelevant because Wendy was still the one in control of canceling Irene's enchantments. Wendy simply had better skill in that aspect.
Her magic pales in comparisons to Irene's. Wendy had the power of dragon while Irene has the power of a child with high potential.

What you say is irrelevant, you call Acnologia fodder. Your input on powerscaling is meaningless.
Doesnt change the fact that Tartaros Jellal is fodder by current standards, even with his massive AoE, size=/=power.
Tartarus Jellal would stop mop most of the Fairy tail roster like Lucy and Cana.
August scales to Brandish to is island level + casually and August is x2 of the spriggan.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Her magic pales in comparisons to Irene's. Wendy had the power of dragon while Irene has the power of a child with high potential.

What you say is irrelevant, you call Acnologia fodder. Your input on powerscaling is meaningless.

Really?

If Wendy's magic pales in comparison to Irene, as you say, then explain to me why Irene had her spells canceled twice by Base Wendy. (In the first 2 panels)

Clearly, the "power of a dragon" got outclassed by the "power of a child with high potential".

Woodenstool

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Really?

If Wendy's magic pales in comparison to Irene, as you say, then explain to me why Irene had her spells canceled twice by Base Wendy. (In the first 2 panels)

Clearly, the "power of a dragon" got outclassed by the "power of a child with high potential".
Irene fireball spell is a causally idgaf spell. Natsu could've broken it, Gray could've froze it.

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

That's the difference.

Ok so what's the argument? Ur not making sense they are disadvantages and advantages in fights but u pick and choose base on if u think it's impressive or not. U believe august is top tier despite his advantages u think AF is top tier becuase of his advantage. But u don't see acno as top tier becuase he has an advantage? That is bias there.

that roar was meant to kill/put damage hence y he said "that ur still alive??" I mean if a causal roar from base natsu can oneshot bluenote why can't a causal roar oneshot a bunch of wizards.

No go reread the chapter he said this is a how serious a dragon can be being serious=/going all out.

I'm just ignoring that paragraph cuz I don't see why u keep bring that up

I already told u if anything that means he has slow traveling speed.

That his Traveling speed not his combat speed 2 different. We saw him blitz August and Jacob which lead to oneshotting GS. Lol u funny guess august has low combat speed becuase Cana manage to put up a block when august used meteor. Or that END and DES POF GRAY both have slow combat speed becuase erza both blocked their attacks casually.

AF and GMG dragons isn't top tier worthy becuase he could kill/put damage to bunch of wizards when they had the chance

Last edited:

Woodenstool

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok so what's the argument? Ur not making sense they are disadvantages and advantages in fights but u pick and choose base on if u think it's impressive or not. U believe august is top tier despite his advantages u think AF is top tier becuase of his advantage. But u don't see acno as top tier becuase he has an advantage? That is bias there.

that roar was meant to kill/put damage hence y he said "that ur still alive??" I mean if a causal roar from base natsu can oneshot bluenote why can't a causal roar oneshot a bunch of wizards.

No go reread the chapter he said this is a how serious a dragon can be being serious=/going all out.

I'm just ignoring that paragraph cuz I don't see why u keep bring that up

I already told u if anything that means he has slow traveling speed.

That his Traveling speed not his combat speed 2 different. We saw him blitz August and Jacob which lead to oneshotting GS. Lol u funny guess august has low combat speed becuase Cana manage to put up a block when august used meteor. Or that END and DES POF GRAY both have slow combat speed becuase erza both blocked their attacks casually.

AF or GMG dragons isn't top tier worthy becuase he could kill/put damage to bunch of wizards when they had the chance
The whole chase between the ship and Acnologia was all plot.