Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Nobody has anything to say about an oneshot with story by Togashi? I expected more faith in you guys religion. :derp
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
38号

ネバラン
ストーン
ワンピ
ハイキュー ※Cカラー
鬼滅
ヒロアカ
ロボ
ブラクロ
ボルト ※Cカラー
ソーマ
勉強 ※Cカラー
斉木
銀魂
ハンタ
火ノ丸
ゆらぎ
シューダン
青春
クロアカ
マリー
磯兵衛

39号
巻頭:ソーマ
Cカラー:ゆらぎ、ロボ、貧民超人カネナシくん、阿波連さんははかれない
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Credit to Kaizou

Shounen Jump Issue 38:
Yakusoku no Neverland (Cover, Lead CP)
Dr. Stone
One Piece
Haikyuu!! (CP)
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Boku no Hero Academia
Robot×Laserbeam
Black Clover
Boruto (CP)
Shokugeki no Souma
Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai (CP)
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Gintama
Hunter×Hunter
Hinomaru Zumou
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Shoodan!
Spring Weapon Number One
Cross Account
Harapeko no Marie
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Shounen Jump Issue 39:
Cover, Lead CP: Shokugeki no Souma
CP: Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san, Robot×Laserbeam, Aharen-san wa Hakarenai (Specical Chapter), Binbou Choujin Kanenashi-kun (Special Chapter)
 

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
So weird seeing Dr. Stone in the top slot.

It's nice that they're pushing some Jump+ comedies next week.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Lol Black Clover at #6
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Either you are joking or you are comparing this oneshot drawing with Murata's drawing when he was 15 years old. Don't insult Murata like that.
I specifically limited his mimicking to the characters designs

mainly I think the way he draws faces is very Murata like, maybe I'm the only one that sees it :hmm

Nobody has anything to say about an oneshot with story by Togashi? I expected more faith in you guys religion. :derp
I was busy all day and I finally got some free time to lurk on the internet and this is the first thing I saw

if you focus on the mc hand there is a card in it, so this is the card game manga he mentioned in his interview with Kishimoto

I like the art choice for the oneshot too
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It is great that there are so many series to be canceled, I'm in the vibe to read new things right now. Let's see if issue 40 will bring us new series.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Credit to Kaizou

Shounen Jump Issue 38:
Yakusoku no Neverland (Cover, Lead CP)
Dr. Stone
One Piece
Haikyuu!! (CP)
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Boku no Hero Academia
Robot×Laserbeam
Black Clover
Boruto (CP)
Shokugeki no Souma
Boku-tachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai (CP)
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Gintama
Hunter×Hunter
Hinomaru Zumou
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Shoodan!
Spring Weapon Number One
Cross Account
Harapeko no Marie
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Shounen Jump Issue 39:
Cover, Lead CP: Shokugeki no Souma
CP: Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san, Robot×Laserbeam, Aharen-san wa Hakarenai (Specical Chapter), Binbou Choujin Kanenashi-kun (Special Chapter)
Is Shoodan ranked this week? After the reaction that Yuragi got with it's last color page(s) I'm surprised it's getting another one so soon, I've got nothing wrong with the series, but I'm actually surprised that the editorial department signed off on it having another one this soon.

So weird seeing Dr. Stone in the top slot.

It's nice that they're pushing some Jump+ comedies next week.
Agreed, I still think it's a sub-par to a meh kind of series, but if people are enjoying it not much can be done about it.
 
Last edited:

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Issue 40 has to be a new series at this point. The real question is, will Cross Account be leaving? Will HxH save it? Or will they both go and we get 4 new series?

Weird seeing the new 3 so high, they don't really deserve it. Though as long as Yaiba and MHA are still high I don't really care. Also would like it if Yuragi was a bit higher. It's been somewhat low recently.

Togashi one shot could be great. I'm all for him working as a writer, but don't know how I feel about him doing something when HxH still has no end in sight. That is if this becomes a series, which it might not for years. At least it's another sign of him being active.

On the topic of Reborn, it always makes me sad when people bash it. Maybe it's because it was one of the first series I watched so I didn't have much to compare it to, but I remember adoring it.
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What do you guys feel is better: Shaman King or Reborn? If I never came across this thread I would of legit never heard of either.
Shaman king
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
:notsureYuragi so low, but then it will have a CP. Need an anime to be chilling for another 2-3 years, where is it?? :biblethump

Hopefully Soma will get another one for its 5th year anniversary, but I doubt it will get another one 12 more weeks.

Nice special chapter for Aharen-san.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Holy shit those top 4 spots. Dr. Stone still going strong. It's actually quickly becoming one of my favorite manga from Jump currently. Ditching the oaf and bug was a good choice. We need more ToC's like this one. :super
Also, I like Yuragi as much as the next guy, but I don't really care for the ranks because of the type of manga it is. Its sales are good enough for there to be little worry about it.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Odd toc but everything I read is high except Yuragi, needs more push.

Ahrean-san is a soft and very chill series, thanks Mammo for the link on that.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Hopefully Soma will get another one for its 5th year anniversary, but I doubt it will get another one 12 more weeks.
Why not? The anime will be airing by there and there is no reason for them not to give more covers for Shokugeki.
 

AllEyez

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
80
Reaction score
11
Age
32
Country
Mariejoa
Is there an anime series from Jump that you feel doesn´t need a remake? Bleach and Shaman King are two I´m against it a lot, as they´re both shallow fighting series where any attempt at lore and interesting characters just comes off as mediocre at worst, and at best just ok. Yeah, I get some series are for fun, but I´m better with a remake of a good property, and not one that fans want it remaked for nothing.
Well damn. Lol

Blech comeback im unsure would be profitable for a pierrot.

Bleach it seems lost many fans in japan and outside when it was running. And def alot more for the shitty ending. So bleach might not bring as much money as some might think.

The bleach fanbase went from rivalring(on the west and on sites like this) OP/Naruto and top 5-7 probably in japan to being smaller than FT/Magi fanbase and shrinking audience in JP. Infact the Bleach audience is mostly haters and crtics

I would like to see the series final arc animated
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Shaman King has 53 million copies in circulation now.
That japan or worldwide

Edit :nvm i think i know now
 
Last edited:

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
545039 1997114 O
237289 *511518 ハ
*58515 *128256 ブ
*39444 **96527 鬼
*31881 **60703 花
*20987 2594716 O
*19032 **49112 ぼ
Volume Sales (7/8-13/8)
545,039 / 1,997,114 - One Piece #86
237,289 / 511,518 - Haikyu!! #27
58,515 / 128,256 - Black Clover #12
39,444 / 96,527 - Kimetsu no Yaiba #7
31,881 / 60,703 - Hana Nochi Hare: Hanadan Next Season #7
20,987 / 2,594,716 - One Piece #85
19,032 / 49,112 - We Never Learn #2
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
A Bleach comeback would be profitable if they wait a good 7-10ish years to do it
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
we never learn should sell more than kimetsu next time
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top