Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hunter x Hunter is having the same thing happen that happen in Berserk
They should of never got on the boat.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Hunter x Hunter getting into One Piece field of expertise and failing miserably? It is probably the first criticism to Hunter x Hunter I've ever heard in my life. Surprised.
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hunter x Hunter getting into One Piece field of expertise and failing miserably? It is probably the first criticism to Hunter x Hunter I've ever heard in my life. Surprised.
lol its a joke I didn't know someone would it seriously.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
lol its a joke I didn't know someone would it seriously.
I was not answering you, exclusively, but the thread, there a few people who said that this boat arc you guys are talking has been boring.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Am I the only one that simply does not find anything amusing in hxh?

Chrollo x Hisoka fight was FT level of fanservice haha. There was NO POINT AT ALL to display it at that time, clearly Togashi way to imbecilize his fans even more and make they forget about the hiatus x hiatus.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
This is how I rank my enjoyment of the current arc by each of the subplots
Ging/Pariston > Beyond Netero/Zodiac Traitor > Chrollo vs Hisoka > Kurapika/Royal Princes

Not to say that the stuff going on with Kurapika is bad, in fact, it's great but not as interesting as what happened at the start of the arc with Ging going after Pariston.
 

XtrnlArdent

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2017
Messages
96
Reaction score
28
Age
28
Country
Spain
I've been stuck in the Hisoka vs Gon for a year, it bores me I don't know, I'm strange maybe.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Golem hearts aside, galaxy gangs needs a huge amount of refinement in order to not only succeed but also distinguish itself from Reborn. The characters also need more quirks, though granted this is a oneshot so there might not be enough space to show all of them. Its still a wonder why the mangaka decided to run Ole Golazo instead of this.
nah it felt more like One Piece
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Shokugeki no Soma anime OP & ED by ZAQ and nano.RIPE respectively.
I will take a look at ZAQ because the vocalist is gorgeous. XD

 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
The two least flammable series, OP and HxH, have people flaming them lol. What happened to the days where we liked everything even if it was bullshit? Is getting older really the easiest answer?
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
Just saw this in Aso's oneshot from last week

Nice Yuuna cameo.
Machi Koro Match! + (by Masahiro Hirakata) ended in Jump+.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The two least flammable series, OP and HxH, have people flaming them lol. What happened to the days where we liked everything even if it was bullshit? Is getting older really the easiest answer?
whats wrong with critiquing something you love and wanting it to get better?
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Nothing at all, I welcome constructive criticism. I was more making fun of the fact that how we as readers/watchers look at things as we get older. For me, I just want to be entertained. I can deal with bullshit or can be disappointed at parts of the story to a certain degree but once something stops being entertaining or I lose my interest in it I'm out. That's why I don't understand Koi Kage's weekly complaints on MHA, cause it's the same thing lol.

Best recent example is Neverland and Dr. Stone. Neverland was great for me starting out but I started to see my interest wade following it until I just decided to drop it. Stone had a good not great beginning, then just became corny for the next 12-13 chapters in which I dropped, but then picked it up again and now I'm really enjoying it. I think everyone enjoys a clean story, good cast of characters, interesting setting, etc. Fact of the matter is it's rare you have everyone agree one way or the other which is normal. Flaws are natural so it's not a complete story without them. Like you, I'm not really a big critic either... at the end of the day you like what you like
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Shokugeki no Soma anime OP & ED by ZAQ and nano.RIPE respectively.
I will take a look at ZAQ because the vocalist is gorgeous. XD

Looking forward to nanoripe new ending. Snow drop on season 2 was awesome.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Nothing at all, I welcome constructive criticism. I was more making fun of the fact that how we as readers/watchers look at things as we get older. For me, I just want to be entertained. I can deal with bullshit or can be disappointed at parts of the story to a certain degree but once something stops being entertaining or I lose my interest in it I'm out. That's why I don't understand Koi Kage's weekly complaints on MHA, cause it's the same thing lol.

Best recent example is Neverland and Dr. Stone. Neverland was great for me starting out but I started to see my interest wade following it until I just decided to drop it. Stone had a good not great beginning, then just became corny for the next 12-13 chapters in which I dropped, but then picked it up again and now I'm really enjoying it. I think everyone enjoys a clean story, good cast of characters, interesting setting, etc. Fact of the matter is it's rare you have everyone agree one way or the other which is normal. Flaws are natural so it's not a complete story without them. Like you, I'm not really a big critic either... at the end of the day you like what you like
People here take to another leve the discussion, they like to make deep discussion and analysis, otherwise they wouldn't even be here, there are a lot of people who have fun just reading, but we have fun reading and discussing. I tried to extract the most of everything I read and even so I felt silly when I commented anything on One Piece section because how deep they go. XD
I think it is good although sometimes people fall to the "it is my taste, your opinion doesn't matter" level of discussion.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
So it is the card game he talked about in his Giga interview with Kishimoto

weird how he came with a new work and beat Kishimoto who was talking about his new scifi manga in 2016, yet 2017 is almost over and he have not returned yet

but that might changed, have you guys seen the Jump Plus 9 new series??

one of them is a mysterious mangaka with a mysterious work

they did this before for Sket Dance mangaka new work, which means it's the return of a popular mangaka

one of the new manga is made by Nisioisin & Akatsuki Akira (I know it's just a comicalization of Juuni Taisen anime but still..) , other new manga are made by fans favorite like Ogino Jun and the dude that made Jigokuren - Death Life

who's big enough to overshadow all of those names? Kishimoto, no?
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Last edited:

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
It is unthinkable someone like Kishimoto in Jump+, period.
from his interview for Boruto the movie opening

He’s already started working on the draft for his next series and has the main characters designed, though he hasn’t showed his editor yet. He had been thinking about what he wanted to do next while working on Naruto, and had already decided the genre would be science fiction. He isn’t interested in doing another weekly series, but when asked if he was going to target a monthly magazine, he instead said he was interested in making the series for the digital Shonen Jump Plus platform, as it has less strict page count and deadline restrictions.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top