Discussion Overrated J/K Pop Artists?

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
5,223
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
This thread is basically the opposite of the "Most underrated J/K Pop Artists???" thread lol.

Share and discuss your thoughts/opinions on the Artists that you feel are considerably overrated in the J/K Pop World. Those that you don't think derserve the recognition/popularity that they currently have and why?

Note* Don't bash the artist or member's opinion. Please give sensible reasons on why you think they're overrated.
 

Polemos

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2016
Messages
205
Reaction score
572
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I must admit, I am not really found of G-Dragon. And the fact that he's basically everywhere is not helping. I am not surprised with his popularity. BIGBANG was and is a big success (most of the people confess that their K-pop experience started with this group). I love BIGBANG, but I don't like G-Dragon's individual performances. I just don't find anything special about them. His voice is simply not good enough for acting solo.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I must admit, I am not really found of G-Dragon. And the fact that he's basically everywhere is not helping. I am not surprised with his popularity. BIGBANG was and is a big success (most of the people confess that their K-pop experience started with this group). I love BIGBANG, but I don't like G-Dragon's individual performances. I just don't find anything special about them. His voice is simply not good enough for acting solo.
Hmm... I can definitely see where you're coming from. I think G-Dragon is the type where you either like him or you don't. His style is just so unique that it's hard to get used to it. Personally, I think he is a good singer overall but I have to admit that vocals is not his specialty. I guess it also depends on the type of genres you like within K-pop as well.
 

Tsukuyo

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 25, 2018
Messages
9
Reaction score
4
Age
33
Country
Poland
know that many K-pop fans will not agree with me because this group is really popular at home and abroad. Thank you for this topic.
Honestly, I've never been a real K pop fan. I met this music through my cousin.
I think that BTS overrated! Although I have 2/3 favorite songs belonging to this band.
I think their songs have become weak and the whole "wow" and this whole "fangirl" band is totally boring. I think that there are many other bands that are better than BTS but less appreciated e.g 24k..
and BIGBAN I don't like their songs and videoclips are weird for me.
 

Norland

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2013
Messages
64
Reaction score
132
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
For this generation, I think BTS, Blackpink, and Twice feels overrated.
Sure, they've many great songs (I also like that).
But to me, the worldwide's response too much exaggerating.
There's plenty group/artist which talented as them (maybe better).

Relax, I've also never been a real Kpop fan. I didn't hate a certain group/artist.
I just support them & enjoying their music.
 
Top