Discussion Earth Land Mages Rate - THE ULTIMATE POWER RANKING [BIG FINALE + STATISTICS]

Are you satisfied with the final three?

  • Yes

    Votes: 21 45.7%
  • No

    Votes: 11 23.9%
  • No, but I live for the mess

    Votes: 14 30.4%

  • Total voters
    46

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
STATISTICS

1). Irene Belserion - 12,200
6). Larcade Dragneel - 10,683
7). DiMaria Yesta - 10,667
9). God Serena - 10,017
11). Brandish μ - 9,533
12). Bloodman - 9,300
15). Invel Yura - 9,117
16). Wall Eehto - 9,017
18). Ajeel Ramal - 8,383
19). Jacob Lessio - 8,183
24). Neinhart - 7,450
Average: 9,504545

2). Natsu Dragneel - 11,750
3). Gildarts Clive - 11,583
4). Laxus Dreyar - 11,167
5). Jellal Fernandes - 11,100
8). Erza Scarlet - 10,083
10). Gray Fullbuster - 9,950
13). Gajeel Redfox - 9,267
14). Sting Eucliffe - 9,233
17). TO Sherria Blendy - 8,850
20). Mard Geer - 8,167
21). Mirajane Strauss - 7,983
22). Precht Gaebolg - 7,917
23). Lucy Heartfilia - 7,733
25). Future Rogue Cheney - 7,383
26). Kagura Mikazuchi - 7,333
27). Wendy Marvell - 7,033
28). Silver Fullbuster - 6,750
29). Minerva Orland - 6,683
30). Kyoka - 6,550
31). Ultear Milkovich - 6,283
32). Rogue Cheney - 6,233
33). Erik “Cobra” - 5,983
34). Macbeth “Midnight” - 5,950
35). Arlock - 5,850
36). Lyon Vastia - 5,067
37). Cana Alberona - 4,867
38). Elfman Strauss - 4,483
Average: 7,82337

The winning continent is..
Alakitasia

Spriggan Twelve
1). Irene Belserion - 12,200
6). Larcade Dragneel - 10,683
7). DiMaria Yesta - 10,667
9). God Serena - 10,017
11). Brandish μ - 9,533
12). Bloodman - 9,300
15). Invel Yura - 9,117
16). Wall Eehto - 9,017
18). Ajeel Ramal - 8,383
19). Jacob Lessio - 8,183
24). Neinhart - 7,450
Average: 9,504545

Fairy Tail

2). Natsu Dragneel - 11,750
3). Gildarts Clive - 11,583
4). Laxus Dreyar - 11,167
8). Erza Scarlet - 10,083
10). Gray Fullbuster - 9,950
13). Gajeel Redfox - 9,267
21). Mirajane Strauss - 7,983
23). Lucy Heartfilia - 7,733
27). Wendy Marvell - 7,033
37). Cana Alberona - 4,867
38). Elfman Strauss - 4.483
Average: 8,718091

Sabertooth

14). Sting Eucliffe - 9,233
25). Future Rogue Cheney - 7,383
29). Minerva Orland - 6,683
32). Rogue Cheney - 6,233
Average: 7,383

Crime Sorciere

5). Jellal Fernandes - 11,100
31). Ultear Milkovich - 6,283
33). Erik “Cobra" - 5,983
34). Macbeth “Midnight” - 5,950
Average: 7,329

Lamia Scale

17). Sherria Blendy - 8,850
36) Lyon Vastia - 5,067
Average: 6,9585

Mermaid Heel

26). Kagura Mikazuchi - 7,333
Average: 7,333

Tartaros

20). Mard Geer - 8,167
28). Silver Fullbuster - 6,750
30). Kyoka - 6,550
Average: 7,155667

Grimoire Heart

22). Precht Gaebolg - 7,917
Average: 7,917

Avatar

35). Arlock - 5,850
Average: 5,850

(Balam Alliance
20). Mard Geer - 8,167
22). Precht Gaebolg - 7,917
28). Silver Fullbuster - 6,750
30). Kyoka - 6,550
Average: 7,346)

Most 13's
1). Natsu x 11
2). Irene x 10
3). Gildarts x 4
4). Larcade x 2
5). Laxus x 1, DiMaria x 1, Lucy x 1

 

Gryffindor

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2017
Messages
158
Reaction score
4,056
Country
Gotei 13
Well that was one heck of a ride, wasn't it? Here is the full list with links to the elimination posts in case anyone ever feels like checking them out again:).

[post=4599653] 1) Irene Belserion-12.200[/post]
[post=4599652] 2) Natsu Dragneel-11.750[/post]
[post=4599651] 3) Gildarts Clive-11.583[/post]
[post=4598583] 4) Laxus Dreyar-11.167[/post]
[post=4597382] 5) Jellal Fernandes-11.100[/post]
[post=4597225] 6) Larcade Dragneel-10.683[/post]
[post=4596413] 7) DiMaria Yesta-10.667[/post]
[post=4595925] 8) Erza Scarlet-10.083[/post]
[post=4595453] 9) God Serena-10.017[/post]
[post=4595191] 10) Gray Fullbuster-9.950[/post]
[post=4594738] 11) Brandish µ-9.533[/post]
[post=4593900] 12) Bradman-9.300[/post]
[post=4593439] 13) Gajeel Redfox-9.267[/post]
[post=4593248] 14) Sting Eucliffe-9.233[/post]
[post=4592900] 15) Invel Yura-9.117[/post]
[post=4592813] 16) Wall Eehto-9.017[/post]
[post=4592320] 17) Sherria Blendy-8.850[/post]
[post=4591927] 18) Ajeel Ramal-8.383[/post]
[post=4591726] 19) Jacob Lessio-8.183[/post]
[post=4591475] 20) Mard Geer-8.167[/post]
[post=4591231] 21) Mirajane Strauss-7.983[/post]
[post=4591204] 22) Precht Gaebolg-7.917[/post]
[post=4591058] 23) Lucy Heartfilia-7.733[/post]
[post=4590919] 24) Neinhart-7.450[/post]
[post=4590697] 25) Future Rogue Cheney-7.383[/post]
[post=4590248] 26) Kagura Mikazuchi-7.333[/post]
[post=4590163] 27) Wendy Marvell-7.033[/post]
[post=4589984] 28) Silver Fullbuster-6.750[/post]
[post=4589777] 29) Minerva Orland-6.683[/post]
[post=4589556] 30) Kyoka-6.550[/post]
[post=4589279] 31) Ultear Milkovich-6.283[/post]
[post=4589053] 32) Rogue Cheney-6.233[/post]
[post=4589013] 33) Erik "Cobra"-5.983[/post]
[post=4588937] 34) Macbeth "Midnight"-5.950[/post]
[post=4588113] 35) Arlock-5.850[/post]
[post=4587925] 36) Lyon Vastia-5.067[/post]
[post=4587728] 37) Cana Alberona-4.867[/post]
[post=4587607] 38) Elfman Strauss-4.483[/post]​
 
Last edited:

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
Before I end this rate officially, I just want to thank everyone who took part in it.

Thank you to everyone who voted, and even to those who didn't, the discussion in this thread has been incredibly interesting and outright entertaining.

Big thanks to my fellow hosts @BluePegasus, @Emperor Spriggan and @Gryffindor, you guys really upped your game in this rating and it wouldn't have been possible without you. The same goes to @Brandish @DiMaria Yesta @Crescent_jinxgrace @Takuan @~Charging Lightning~ and @Belserion, you all did fantastic posts! :super

And in general I want to thank the mods for making this run so smoothly, I know for a fact that this thread easily could have turned to chaos without their intervention. In particular I want to thank @Brandish for sticky-ing the thread, this thread wouldn't have been anywhere near as active if it wasn't for you.

I hope everyone enjoyed that the rate, as now....

This poster was made by @Valhalla777, big thanks to him!

THE EARTH LAND MAGES RATE IS OFFICIALLY OVER!​
 

Ace

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2016
Messages
180
Reaction score
283
Age
35
Country
Canada
Jellal is to low, he is above the likes of God Serena and erza. Natsu is strong but he is not no. 1 , irene takes first position with gildarts 2nd imo. There is nothing to prove that natsu has surpassed gildarts. Dimaria hax is deadly so she is in right place.
11. Gray
10 God Serena
9. Erza
8. Brandish
7. Jellal/Laxus
6. Jellal/Laxus
5. Larcade
4. Dimaria
3. DF Natsu
2. Gildarts
1. Irene
I agree with you about jellal being too low I think I was being too unfair to evem throught all of his fight but I dont think erza is above God Serena. I dont even know if base natsu beats Dimaria and were not talking about anything else of natsu powers since E.N.D. was the one that defeated Dimaria and not natsu himself. I Dont really know about Gildarts and Dimaria Cause I dont really know who would win that.
 
Last edited:

Anti Hero 3:16

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2017
Messages
588
Reaction score
785
Age
35
Country
United States
I agree with you about jellal being too low I think I was being too unfair to evem throught all of his fight but I dont think erza is above God Serena. I dont even know if base natsu beats Dimaria and were not talking about anything else of natsu powers since E.N.D. was the one that defeated Dimaria and not natsu himself. I Dont really know about Gildarts and Dimaria Cause I dont really know who would win that.
No only END natsu has beaten dimaria and brandish's hax didn't work on his tumuor, so thereis the canon evidence and frankly I dont know about dimaria and brandish' rankings, there hax are just to OP that they could even beat gildarts. And larcade's magic worked on laxus and could probably work on jellal. The rankings sure are messed up. It will be touch and go from no. 10.
 

Berty

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2017
Messages
59
Reaction score
59
Age
47
Country
Canada
I really don't understand how people consider Jellal to be anywhere near Laxus level. His 2 best feats in this arc are blocking acnologia's attack which was comparable to Irene's enchantments which Wendy blocked. His second feat was out running Acnologia. Erza completely knocked him out of the air, which is a way better feat. He's literally done nothing to deserve all the hype he gets. I'm surprised he's still even in the top 15.
 

Ace

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2016
Messages
180
Reaction score
283
Age
35
Country
Canada
I agree with you about jellal being too low I think I was being too unfair to evem throught all of his fight but I dont think erza is above God Serena
No only END natsu has beaten dimaria and brandish's hax didn't work on his tumuor, so thereis the canon evidence and frankly I dont know about dimaria and brandish' rankings, there hax are just to OP that they could even beat gildarts. And larcade's magic worked on laxus and could probably work on jellal. The rankings sure are messed up. It will be touch and go from no. 10.
I believe Dimaria is able to beat Gildarts to me it will be the one who gets the first move. You're also right about END natsu being the only one that was able to beat Dimaria but remember when the book disapered, natsu now no longer has access to any of those powers. I would predict Dimaria being 3 or 4 but yeah youre the polls are messed up anyways
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,247
Reaction score
33,631
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
If you've seen Kill Bill 2 you may recall the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique.
​


After 5 hits, the victim can only take 5 steps and then their heart explodes.



















Well this lady can accomplish that in just one instant.


















#11 Brandish μ

The Demolisher of Nations

Score: 9.533



Highest Score: 12 x 1(@xiaowang) :wub
Lowest Score: 6 x 1(@XXEliteXXAceXX) :arf:handgun
My Score: 10/12

Okay, I think she ranked quite high, and I was generous with my score of 10. This is someone who has taken more L's in one arc than most characters have in the entire manga. She is sexy, so I guess she gets some points for that :zomg But yea, sometimes she's overrated a bit because of hype. She's more of a support/healer than a fighter imho.


Best Magic - Command T
Reducing and Expanding matter can be quite dangerous. If she targeted one of Natsu's vitals and not his "tumour" then he would've died in a second. This magic can be used on spells as well, so it's useful for defensive and countering purposes.​

Casual island shifting​
Shrinking large spells
Returning spells​

Best Fight:

She doesn't have one. Brandish has been oneshotted on a few occasions and I will not acknowledge them. Especially the DiMaria one :pjsalt I guess we can run with the Lucy 'fight' where she was acting.



Best Moment
Like most FT characters, their introduction in arcs are among their best parts. Brandish' intro was no different, and it did make you feel that the Spriggan 12 were powerful.

...plus she was only there for mango gelato, which gave her some personality.


Pics :blush



Overview
Magic: Mass Manipulation
Affiliation: Spriggan 12
"The Nation Demolisher"

#11, Brandish, is out.​
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Brandish could trash anyone not named Irene above her since due to the magic power discrepancy between the two her magic won't work on her. She should of came in #10 over Gray who should fall next. I still feel like she has somewhat better durability than Invel although they're not too far apart. Dimaria would of dropped Invel the same way if it was him.
 

Jko

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
18,793
Country
United States
Brandish below everyone not name DiMaria, Natsu, or Irene is dumb. Gray, Erza, Larcade, Jellal, God Serena, or Laxus get brain busted at the speed of thought. Such BS.
 

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Ya, I think Gray should be next. DeS is impressive but not as good as the rest up there.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,844
Reaction score
16,834
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
If you've seen Kill Bill 2 you may recall the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique.
​


After 5 hits, the victim can only take 5 steps and then their heart explodes.



















Well this lady can accomplish that in just one instant.


















#11 Brandish μ

The Demolisher of Nations

Score: 9.533



Highest Score: 12 x 1(@xiaowang) :wub
Lowest Score: 6 x 1(@XXEliteXXAceXX) :arf:handgun
My Score: 10/12

Okay, I think she ranked quite high, and I was generous with my score of 10. This is someone who has taken more L's in one arc than most characters have in the entire manga. She is sexy, so I guess she gets some points for that :zomg But yea, sometimes she's overrated a bit because of hype. She's more of a support/healer than a fighter imho.


Best Magic - Command T
Reducing and Expanding matter can be quite dangerous. If she targeted one of Natsu's vitals and not his "tumour" then he would've died in a second. This magic can be used on spells as well, so it's useful for defensive and countering purposes.​


Casual island shifting​
Shrinking large spells

Returning spells​

Best Fight:

She doesn't have one. Brandish has been oneshotted on a few occasions and I will not acknowledge them. Especially the DiMaria one :pjsalt I guess we can run with the Lucy 'fight' where she was acting.



Best Moment
Like most FT characters, their introduction in arcs are among their best parts. Brandish' intro was no different, and it did make you feel that the Spriggan 12 were powerful.

...plus she was only there for mango gelato, which gave her some personality.


Pics :blush



Overview
Magic: Mass Manipulation
Affiliation: Spriggan 12
"The Nation Demolisher"

#11, Brandish, is out.​
Nice rundown of her! Needed more asshots though.
I'd say this ranking is pretty good for Brandish.
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I would have ranked Brandish 2 or so places higher but this is fine. Although I didn't like her flip flop character I did love her in the beginning and her power is unique. Not many people would be able to go toe to toe with brandish and come out on top unless they caught her at a disadvantage.

That casual island shifting though. Didn't remember that :fan
 

Ace

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2016
Messages
180
Reaction score
283
Age
35
Country
Canada
I believe brandish should really have been highter and tgat just judging by her magic is one not many can counter with. Im surprised gray is now in the top 10 when I really think he should be there above a couple people.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Irene Belserion
Larcade Dragneel

DiMaria Yesta
God Serena
Erza Scarlet
Gray Fullbuster
Laxus Dreyar
Natsu Dragneel
Jellal Fernandes
Gildarts Clive


And now its time for the top 10 which will seriously be messed up. Would not be surprised If I saw erza being top 5 or being top 3 but top heres my prediction
10. Gray
9. Larcade
8. Erza
7. Laxus
6. Jellal
5. God Serena
4\3. Dimaria
4\3. Gildarts
2. Natsu
1. Irene
 

Miralicious akuma

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2016
Messages
309
Reaction score
1,686
Country
India
Uh, alright fair enough but its time for gray to go out. He hasnt really done that much in this arc in terms of power anyways. He was in 'darkness 'mode when he fought partial end so I doubt that counts. I kinda had wsdm sting, mbp gajeel and gray on the same level.. So its about time for him to go out.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This is someone who has taken more L's in one arc than most characters have in the entire manga.
So true.

1st L - Having an allergic reaction and being knocked out by Cana.

2nd L - Turning herself in and getting choked by Marin.

3rd L - Being reduced to a gag character and getting smacked around by Aquarius.

4th L - Being brainwashed by Mest and getting rejected by her own 'grandfather'.

5th L - Her magic having no effect on Enchanted Neinhart.

6th L - Showcasing her poor durability by being forced to go easy on Lucy.

7th L - Being oneshotted by DiMaria.

In retrospect, I should've given Brandish a 1 to compensate for the other scores you guys gave her...
 

Jko

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
18,793
Country
United States
So true.

1st L - Having an allergic reaction and being knocked out by Cana.

2nd L - Turning herself in and getting choked by Marin.

3rd L - Being reduced to a gag character and getting smacked around by Aquarius.

4th L - Being brainwashed by Mest and getting rejected by her own 'grandfather'.

5th L - Her magic having no effect on Enchanted Neinhart.

6th L - Showcasing her poor durability by being forced to go easy on Lucy.

7th L - Being oneshotted by DiMaria.

In retrospect, I should've given Brandish a 1 to compensate for the other scores you guys gave her...
She was too hax so Hiro took her out of every battle. She could of just organ bust a lot of people. For Neinhart giant stomp qould be enough to beat that fodder, and even after the fight with Dim Brandish could've healed herself but she was too conflicted. Brandish had is one of the tops in manga.
 

Berty

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2017
Messages
59
Reaction score
59
Age
47
Country
Canada
Jellal needs to go now. He isn't superior to any of the characters left in any way. Even Gray should be above him.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jko

Ace

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2016
Messages
180
Reaction score
283
Age
35
Country
Canada
She was too hax so Hiro took her out of every battle. She could of just organ bust a lot of people. For Neinhart giant stomp qould be enough to beat that fodder, and even after the fight with Dim Brandish could've healed herself but she was too conflicted. Brandish had is one of the tops in manga.
Well that was always the probably the biggest problem with hax chars, there is really no chars that can realistacly beat them. And even if they do lose its because its because of some ass pull hiro pulled up. Brandish, Dimaria and even Achnologia have unrealistically power and magic no one will be able to counter.
Dimaria is prob among the strongest of the fairy tail universe. When youre able to just freely freeze and stop time you're virtually invincible. The were so many ass pulls that made her look weak and it was seriously unfair, all of a sudden ultear is back? Seriously? And END is all of a sudden able to freely walk throght time? Natsu all of a sudden uses dragon slaying magic on achno and it really does affect him? Brandish dosent use her magic to make the continent smaller or heal herself?
There is so much more ass pulls that huro pulls up since there is really no one who can honestly beat them
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Brandish's magic is real hax.That's a huge advantage if you can burst one's organs.

Sadly Hiro never made her fight seriously so we didn't see her ability to the full.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
She was too hax so Hiro took her out of every battle. She could of just organ bust a lot of people. For Neinhart giant stomp qould be enough to beat that fodder, and even after the fight with Dim Brandish could've healed herself but she was too conflicted. Brandish had is one of the tops in manga.
Well for me, Hax ≠ Power.

If that were the case, then Mirajane and Seilah would have been top tiers in their respective arcs. But obviously, nobody sees it like that. I think the reason why Brandish's magic is massively overrated is because the Spriggans were overly hyped to begin with. There is really no difference between Macro and Command T. It's just that one got a lot more hype than the other. Besides, I haven't really seen a solid arguments in Brandish's favor except pure speculation regarding how she uses her magic. So far, her feats are pretty underwhelming. And if we just chalk it up as Hiro Mashima making her too OP, then that would go with almost every recent villain including Acnologia and Zeref.
 

**Silver**

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2016
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
942
Age
36
Country
Finland
Brandish could trash anyone not named Irene above her since due to the magic power discrepancy between the two her magic won't work on her. She should of came in #10 over Gray who should fall next. I still feel like she has somewhat better durability than Invel although they're not too far apart. Dimaria would of dropped Invel the same way if it was him.
Brandish magic doesent even work against Enchanted Neinhart everyone in the top 15 has better feats than neinhart,Laxus example one-shots Brandish before she can do anything...
 
Top