I saw Valerian yesterday and Dunkirk today! Both really good, but in different ways.
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets had a very amusing beginning, showing the development of civilization through 'handshakes'. You'll have to see it to understand.
This movie may get an Academy award for the special effects and set designs... but not for acting skills. I enjoyed it all the way through, but don't expect a good plot.
Dunkirk on the otherhand, is an extremely well made movie about the withdrawal from Dunkirk during WW2. It is shown from numerous different points of view and was carefully woven together to show just how horrific the whole situation was. Some characters in the movie were actually on multiple sinking ships over the course of the movie. To keep this short, the story is this movie's selling point. I have to admit though, the movie made several scene changes that were confusing until you realize you are looking at the same event starting over again, but from someone else's perspective. They do this several times throughout the movie.
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets had a very amusing beginning, showing the development of civilization through 'handshakes'. You'll have to see it to understand.
This movie may get an Academy award for the special effects and set designs... but not for acting skills. I enjoyed it all the way through, but don't expect a good plot.Dunkirk on the otherhand, is an extremely well made movie about the withdrawal from Dunkirk during WW2. It is shown from numerous different points of view and was carefully woven together to show just how horrific the whole situation was. Some characters in the movie were actually on multiple sinking ships over the course of the movie. To keep this short, the story is this movie's selling point. I have to admit though, the movie made several scene changes that were confusing until you realize you are looking at the same event starting over again, but from someone else's perspective. They do this several times throughout the movie.

I know trailers can be misleading and everything, but yeah. The original worked because of it's subtlety. Also, not sure I'm a fan of whatever the hell Jared Leto is doing either...


