Gildarts & Zeref vs. Acnologia? Who wins?

  • Gildarts & Zeref

  • Acnologia


Results are only viewable after voting.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
When i hear someone can read 200 Chapters in 2 days i feel like slapping myself.
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I haven't read it in ages, but perhaps I should.
You should. Not sure when you stopped but there was a bit of a lull somewhere around chapter 140ish. That lull lasts for 50ish chapters but once you get on the other side of it....:verily

Not saying everything in that era of ToG is bad but it isn't awesome like you expect ToG to be. And that's when people tend to start setting the series down. Right at the point Holt mentioned hitting is the end of that era but it's also the most infuriating part. Once you get past that point you get to the current era of ToG.

Which I'm going to refer to as the Gravy Train era. Where everything that happens is awesome and epic and all the best characters show up and do cool stuff all the time. And the gravy train is still rollin' at chapter 343(the current chapter)
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
You should. Not sure when you stopped but there was a bit of a lull somewhere around chapter 140ish. That lull lasts for 50ish chapters but once you get on the other side of it....:verily

Not saying everything in that era of ToG is bad but it isn't awesome like you expect ToG to be. And that's when people tend to start setting the series down. Right at the point Holt mentioned hitting is the end of that era but it's also the most infuriating part. Once you get past that point you get to the current era of ToG.

Which I'm going to refer to as the Gravy Train era. Where everything that happens is awesome and epic and all the best characters show up and do cool stuff all the time. And the gravy train is still rollin' at chapter 343(the current chapter)
Are you referring to the Workshop Arc?
That's why I stopped for a while, then lost interest for some reason.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Are you referring to the Workshop Arc?
That's why I stopped for a while, then lost interest for some reason.
Yup. From Alren's Hand through the Workshop arc and the beginning phase of the next arc. That's the rough patch.

After you get clear of that it's non-stop win right up until at least the current chapter. Your going to see stuff you didn't even dare to hope for. If I just told you straight up some of the fantastic things that happen you wouldn't believe me. They'd sound too good to be true.
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Yup. From Alren's Hand through the Workshop arc and the beginning phase of the next arc. That's the rough patch.

After you get clear of that it's non-stop win right up until at least the current chapter. Your going to see stuff you didn't even dare to hope for. If I just told you straight up some of the fantastic things that happen you wouldn't believe me. They'd sound too good to be true.
Will I get to see naked Phantaminum? Or naked Enryuu?
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,323
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I just finished the Hoaquin and hell train arc. It was pretty damn amazing, and it was awesome seeing Yuri there too. I'm a bit surprised that none of the others seemed to recognize that she is a Zahard princess though. I loved the arc and battles but tbh, it felt like Bam got too many cop outs in this one. Meeting the God Guardian that allowed to him to discover his "true self" which gave him a power up, and then also getting help from the clone that was the accumulation of the killed souls. It took a bit out of it for me tbh
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And Rak called her "violent turtle". I really can't get over how amazing Rak is lol
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just finished the Hoaquin and hell train arc. It was pretty damn amazing, and it was awesome seeing Yuri there too. I'm a bit surprised that none of the others seemed to recognize that she is a Zahard princess though. I loved the arc and battles but tbh, it felt like Bam got too many cop outs in this one. Meeting the God Guardian that allowed to him to discover his "true self" which gave him a power up, and then also getting help from the clone that was the accumulation of the killed souls. It took a bit out of it for me tbh
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And Rak called her "violent turtle". I really can't get over how amazing Rak is lol
That's going to start to make sense soon. Suffice it to say there is a lot about Baam you don't know, and a lot we still don't know, but many of the questions around Baam's situation and origins are going to get answered sooner than you probably expect.

Though I'll tell you right now. Those answer will raise many more questions.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,323
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I see. Well it's nice to have more yuri screentime, though seeing Rachael puts a damper on things. She's annoying, although that's putting it mildly
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I see. Well it's nice to have more yuri screentime, though seeing Rachael puts a damper on things. She's annoying, although that's putting it mildly
There is more coming for her too. Stuff that will make you look at her completely differently than you do now. Not saying you will hate her any less but she's going to become a lot more interesting once you learn where she and Baam comes from and a little about why she is the way she is.
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,190
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
I see. Well it's nice to have more yuri screentime, though seeing Rachael puts a damper on things. She's annoying, although that's putting it mildly
Well, Yuri is an awesome character, it's funny whenever she pops out in the story. About Rachel, she has her own secrets too. Tower of God has many characters with mysterious pasts, one of the best points IMO, since we can always theorize and it incresases the air of curiosity hovering around them ( secondary characters too have their intriguing pasts). Just wait until you arrive the last arc released, it's superb:verily.
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
:oh
I just finished the Hoaquin and hell train arc. It was pretty damn amazing, and it was awesome seeing Yuri there too. I'm a bit surprised that none of the others seemed to recognize that she is a Zahard princess though. I loved the arc and battles but tbh, it felt like Bam got too many cop outs in this one. Meeting the God Guardian that allowed to him to discover his "true self" which gave him a power up, and then also getting help from the clone that was the accumulation of the killed souls. It took a bit out of it for me tbh
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And Rak called her "violent turtle". I really can't get over how amazing Rak is lol
Yuri is indeed a great character. As someone who grew up with shitty female manga characters, it's a pleasant change to follow a world where female characters are a force to be reckoned with and get shit done without making it look forced.

I laughed at the part where you state to be surprised that nobody seemed to recognize Yuri. I remember making that point in the chapter discussion thread back then too. It still baffles me that people don't know how the Princesses look like (and it gets worse later on). This world is well connected with technologies surpassing those of our own world. Considering the setting of this world where power, influence and recognition seem to be the primary objective (especially for Regulars, Rankers and the Great Families), it's difficult to imagine that people don't know how the most important people look like e.g. Zahard, the Family Heads, the Three Lords, FUG Slayer, Zahard Princesss and the top 20 (or more) High Rankers. That should be general knowledge in my opinion. Unless the author makes the point that the Zahard Empire keeps them secret, which wouldn't make much sense given how this world is build. :wonder

Regarding Baam and his power ups: Well, I was and still am not a fan of those power ups. If the character Baam has any weaknesses, than it's his op power ups and his hard-on towards Rachel. :/
 

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 26, 2016
Messages
3,186
Reaction score
5,328
Gender
Male
Country
France
Just finished chapter 193:blush
Damn, Baam was Viole after all :cookiestare
But this power-up he got with the Thorn is ... wow:gar
I can't wait for him to show its full power:sky
Now we are seeing Yuri getting her ticket for the Hype Hell train:feelsgoodman
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,323
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
So I'm at chapter 244 now, where Bam is about to take the De Jah's test to see if he is worthy of the thorn. It was nice to see Bam say no to Rachael though when she told him not to go. He is not as naive before so it is a start. And such an epic goodbye it was
Of course Rachael ended up spoiling it for me by barging in and shouting about a right to take the test :facepalm and then Bam suggests she should..Funny thing is, I was almost able to tolerate her ability to get people she needs to go up the tower with her. She is rather good at finding leverage to get pretty much anyone to aid her. It's an impressive skill nonetheless, but she pissed me off again by accusing Bam without basis
On a side note, it is nice finding out a bit more of the history of the tower, with Garam telling Bam about Jahad,10 families, Arlen and V. I suppose the story portrays Jahad and his gangs as tyrants at this point. It's a bit of a weird place though. Jahad and Co aren't in the right, but FUG aren't exactly upstanding citizens. There's so much going on, and so many people in the same area at the same time.
OH, and it was cool seeing Yuri ignite both black march and green april
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
So much amazing stuff. Mustang and Urek are monsters. Im still not sure where enryuu fits in this. Mustang mentions that only Jahad, the 10 family leaders, Urek and potentially Bam stand at the top. How exactly was Enryuu able to kill a freaking administrator? Also, interesting enough, the blue demon like thing in Bam is an admin. And now the the red one entered him as well. Isn't he being built up to be too op? 2 admin (or well 1 and a quarter), countless number of souls, thorn fragment and being an irregular. When he peaks, he would be a monster. I wonder if the blue and red admin will clash within him? Or merge?

And finally Rak returns. I've missed his turtle classification for so long. Though obviously he wasn't dead. Rachael saving Khun was a bit weird though. It didn't really seem to play in her favor..perhaps she needed them? I find it odd that she is capable of not being a cold heartless bastard.

Side note, it's sad I've almost caught up now. Less than 20 chapters I believe :(
 

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 26, 2016
Messages
3,186
Reaction score
5,328
Gender
Male
Country
France
Just finished chapter 245 ..
That Hoaqin guy looks like a ghost :cookiestare
I hope he will give us some good soul food entertainement :arf
Bam is suffering of the power of the Thorn that is may too powerful for him, even though it seems it's not the complete thorn :cookiehand
Guess we will see more of his progress as the story goes by..
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Don't worry Holt. The last chapter was literally 150 pages long. So you got more to go than you think
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Look at @Darky closing the gap. Who catches up first Holt or Darky?
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,323
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Haha, I'll probably finish it in a couple of hours. I'm incredibly pissed that Mustang gave Rachel 'that'. Well Bam has been getting free passes and powers but Rachel getting that with her personality is just extremely irritating. I wonder if it's normal to hate a character this much XD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Is 264 the latest chapter? I think I already caught up :(
 
Top