Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Remix releases are just meant for people who want to read a ton for cheap. They're basically magazines with only one series, the paper quality is garbage and they're full of ads. You're not supposed to collect them.
 

WesKR

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
168
Reaction score
105
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Manga is pretty cheap in Japan already, I'm sure they could just goto a used bookstore and pick up each of the tankobons for 100 yen each.. I assume those remixes cost about the same as regular Jump so you're better off buying used tankobons.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
So Toriko is getting the Steel Ball Run treatment? Cool.
Steel Ball Run is getting bunkoban volumes, different from remix ones.
http://comic-bunko.shueisha.co.jp/#0
A bunkoban (文庫版) edition refers to a tankōbon printed in bunko format, or a typical Japanese novel-sized volume. Bunkoban are generally A6 size (105 × 148 mm) and thicker than tankōbon and, in the case of manga, usually have a new cover designed specifically for the release. In the case of manga, a bunkoban tends to contain considerably more pages than a tankōbon and usually a republication of tankōbon of the same title which may or may not have been out of print.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Remix releases are just meant for people who want to read a ton for cheap. They're basically magazines with only one series, the paper quality is garbage and they're full of ads. You're not supposed to collect them.
Thanks for letting me know. Never knew the paper quality is garbage and I guess it makes sense.
Steel Ball Run is getting bunkoban volumes, different from remix ones.
http://comic-bunko.shueisha.co.jp/#0
I know just wasn't aware of this remix editions till now.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Manga is pretty cheap in Japan already, I'm sure they could just goto a used bookstore and pick up each of the tankobons for 100 yen each.. I assume those remixes cost about the same as regular Jump so you're better off buying used tankobons.
The point is they're sold in convenience stores so you can just impulse buy a couple while going to get other things. If you're planning to buy used volumes then you probably know you like the series already so you're not in the remixes' target audience.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
When was the last time HZ got a print copy announcement? SnS is at 13 million which is good.
Bha cover look very nice on paper really. Dont know why people dont like it. Its better than Yuragi and souma. Theres is just some girl.
But it's not better than Hinomaru's cover. Kirihito is one of my personal fav's but even then most HZ's covers are great.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
How much time after a series ends and what's the approximate ratio you guys perceive of series that get a Bunko edition? Popular series, sure, but how popular they must be to get one?
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
"Jekyll no Tsukaima" One-shot by Ishikawa Kouki (Golden Future Cup Entry 01 ) raw.
 
Last edited:

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
since everyone in a "answering questions" mood I have a question, what's Mirai Bunko? I keep seeing ads for it in the magazines and website but I never actually knew what it is

"Jekyll no Tsukaima" One-shot by Ishikawa Kouki (Golden Future Cup Entry 01 ) raw.
hey, that was was actually pretty fun, the Gash Bell vibes are real
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
since everyone in a "answering questions" mood I have a question, what's Mirai Bunko? I keep seeing ads for it in the magazines and website but I never actually knew what it is



hey, that was was actually pretty fun, the Gash Bell vibes are real
Just a new LN imprint aimed at elementary-middle school kids.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Just a new LN imprint aimed at elementary-middle school kids.
oh, I see

Kemono Jihen mangaka does the art for one of the titles

also, the mangaka that did that one karate manga from WSM does a title as well
does anyone remember it ? the protagonist changed his hair color every week :XD
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
oh, I see

Kemono Jihen mangaka does the art for one of the titles

also, the mangaka that did that one karate manga from WSM does a title as well
does anyone remember it ? the protagonist changed his hair color every week :XD
Yes, I'll never forget Tenohira Netsu O. I wish the Battlefield No. 5 mangaka`s spirit wasn't broken....

Speaking of different editions of volumes, I hope the Jojonium editions of Diamond is Unbreakable is announced soon.
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Black Clover : 12 mangas + 1 novel : 4 200 000.
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
And people say BC is no good. The sales are amazing. I expect 8mil by the end of the year.
 

XtrnlArdent

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2017
Messages
96
Reaction score
28
Age
28
Country
Spain
The last of this chapter of Yuragi says that a new character is coming, TLR harem size inc, I hate that :/

Before coming to these thread I'd always thought that Black Clover was a big seller with all that CP and the situation in the polls, like a 500k per volume, I don't know why.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Just a new LN imprint aimed at elementary-middle school kids.
I went to the site and as I suspected it is light novels that have furigana! Cool! I was looking for something like that to have some refreshing practice after reading a "serious" light novel without furigana. Since I'm also interested in 絶叫学級 manga, I think I give the light novel a try. Let's see what's more they have to offer.
 
Last edited:

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Before coming to these thread I'd always thought that Black Clover was a big seller with all that CP and the situation in the polls, like a 500k per volume, I don't know why.
The illusion of editorial pushing lol
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Bc is selling better than World Trigger with no anime. So with the anime it should sell at least 600k per volume
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Those are copies in print..not sold.
Bc is selling better than World Trigger with no anime. So with the anime it should sell at least 600k per volume
600k isn't happening
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top