- Joined
- Aug 2, 2015
- Messages
- 2,335
- Reaction score
- 3,740
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
The rocks were crumbling around Acnologia. That would be magic. Whether or not it was coming from his hands or not doesn't really matter. The point is that he was about to attack Natsu, and was stopped. It's odd that Acnologia would stop his own attack for no reason.
I believe Acnologia is as resistant to magic as Igneel is resistant to fire. If you want to harm Igneel with fire, you need to be above him in terms of magical power. Same with Acnologia.
There's no reason to assume that Silver was a mage before Keith revived him and had him learn devil slaying magic. Even if he did learn ice magic, it wouldn't be the same type of ice-magic that Gray, Lyon, and Ur learned. None of those 3 are completely immune to ice attacks either. Gray essentially inherited Silver's power when he obtained his magic power, and he wasn't completely immune to Invel's ice attacks either. If you're saying that Silver's immunity to ice doesn't come from his devil slaying magic and he didn't learn any other type of ice magic before learning DES, then how is that different from saying Silver is immune to ice "because he's Silver"?
Ah, well then, I guess I misunderstood what you said. I thought you were referring to the other panel where Acnologia was charging his attack from his hands.
The explosion didn't seem to affect Natsu, but maybe Acnologia was prepared to launch a physical attack.
What I'm saying is that Silver is immune (has high resistance) to ice because he uses Ice Magic. It's not because of his DeS powers.
All Ice Mages have good resistance to extremely cold temperatures.
Of course, some Ice Mages naturally have higher resistance compared to others. ( In this case, Silver has unusually high resistance - which makes him somewhat "immune" to ice )
I do agree that Silver didn't "learn" to become an Ice Mage.
But when Keyes gave him Ice DeS Magic, Silver essentially obtain immunity by becoming an "Ice Wizard" rather than from his "Ice Slayer Advantage".