Discussion What Are You Reading? What Do You Plan on Reading Next?

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
I started Black Clover.And loving it since then.

It's magic setting reminds me of FT.
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
Started Made in Abyss. Read all the chapters which have been adapted in the anime.

After this, I am planning to read either Vinland Saga, Akira, Dorohedoro or catch up with Kingdom.
YES DEMON! :wtf

Which chapter were you at?
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
Kingdom? I read 14 volumes, 151 chapters.
Ah, ok. You're in for some great shit later. Then end / climax is Bayou is amazing and there even greater arcs to look forward to like Sanyou, Coalition etc.
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
Finished 20CB and 21CB. Gonna hit up Monster now.
 

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
Currently reading Why did men stop wearing high heels? It's actually quite funny. However, the serious tone of the topic underlines the gender stigma and one's place in our modern society.
An interesting read.
 
Last edited:

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,575
Country
Dragonstone
I dropped Kuroshitsuji long ago, but I hear things are getting very interesting right now, so I decided to reread the whole thing again.

I also finished reading a manhwa/webtoon called Niflheim, it was good and fun, but no English Edited Mangas have been coming for a while now, not cool. I wish a group would pick it up.
 

Phileos

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 25, 2017
Messages
49
Reaction score
73
Age
27
Country
Canada
just finished attack on titan, and I'm about to start reading the manga of Tokyo Ghoul.
 

MotifSky

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 29, 2017
Messages
16
Reaction score
5
Age
33
Country
United States
Right now I'm tied up with anime, but I've found time to start/catch up with Assassination Classroom.

I loved reading Neuro so I was pretty excited that Matsui was working on a new series- and he didn't disappoint! I found myself hooked from the pilot and kept reading out of desire to find out what's going to happen next. :^_^ Despite trying to warm up to the characters apart from Korosensei, I find the humor delightful. Now if only Iwashiro cooks something up too.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,684
Reaction score
61,393
Gender
Male
Country
France
Started reading Ballroom e Youkoso. I initially wanted to read it after completing the anime but I changed my mind.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Started Black Butler Manga.Underrated but this is such a great series.I suggest everyone to read it.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,136
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
My next manga readings are focused on some not recent works some are really old manga (most of times short series, as I can't invest on long stuff), heard so much good thing about those titles, all sounds amazing :zomg, ive already ordered a couple of 2nd hand on Amazon hope i won't be disappointed.
- ki-ichi , Hideki Arai, (2002-2006)


-Drifting classroom (Hyōryū Kyōshitsu) Kazuo Umezu (some Dark shonen1972-74)


The legend of Mother Sarah, Katsuhiro Otomo (1990-2004) only vol bought 1 others volumes are ridiculously expensive, likely not published anymore in my place :gwah


Im also considering reading Unkucky youg men later but well need 2 or 3 maybe more lifes to read & watch everything i want to.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I'm going to try/have started Dr. Stone, Grand Blue, Yotsuba&!, and To You, The Immortal over the next month. Maybe 20ch each, if they are very good I'll keep going.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,136
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Updates on my current and upcoming readings

1-Mother Sarah
Ok I ve started Mother sarah (read some 20 chap so far), I don't get it this manga is way too underated, while being from Otomo (Akira). So basically this is about a mother whos looking for her children she s been through a lot, shes incredibly strong and badass. Also theres a lot about the world geopolitics, and a whole Earth/mother allegory. Its a manga hard to find at least at my place, it's published in english but in a comic style (not exactly as a manga), so beware of the reading direction if you're interested in starting it (its available on some Edited Manga sites)

introduction :


2-Usogui


I've started this seinen (Ive read so far some 2-3 volumes), again another underrated work, it was published on weekly young Jump (Kingdom, Tokyo Ghoul) last chapter was released last week. Theres unfortunately no English or French license so far. And no more Edited Manga, previous Edited Manga stops at volume 12 or 13 (while its 48 volumes). Its about a gambling guy and and mind games. Its art reminds me of Boichi style.





3- Drifting classroom (Hyōryū Kyōshitsu)
Started this one too, an horror/shonen, quite disturbing considering its ft primary school its quite gory and ft grotesque horror somehow, but really interesting. I don't think this kind of manga would ever be published nowadays in a shonen mag.
Like it a lot so far.

Have to start yet kiitchi and Unlucky Young men. My hero academia and snk are on my "to read list" too, but i tend to focus on shorter works easier to catch.
I ve also purchased this one : Melody of Jenny, from Tsukasa Hojo (city Hunter) its an 1 volume ( in Fr but 2 volumes in Eng version) it's a collection of short stories about war.That sounds incredibly interesting, didnt expect that kind of work from Tsukasa Hojo whose works are usually on the lighter side.

 

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 26, 2016
Messages
3,186
Reaction score
5,328
Gender
Male
Country
France
Updates on my current and upcoming readings

1-Mother Sarah
Ok I ve started Mother sarah (read some 20 chap so far), I don't get it this manga is way too underated, while being from Otomo (Akira). So basically this is about a mother whos looking for her children she s been through a lot, shes incredibly strong and badass. Also theres a lot about the world geopolitics, and a whole Earth/mother allegory. Its a manga hard to find at least at my place, it's published in english but in a comic style (not exactly as a manga), so beware of the reading direction if you're interested in starting it (its available on some Edited Manga sites)

introduction :


2-Usogui


I've started this seinen (Ive read so far some 2-3 volumes), again another underrated work, it was published on weekly young Jump (Kingdom, Tokyo Ghoul) last chapter was released last week. Theres unfortunately no English or French license so far. And no more Edited Manga, previous Edited Manga stops at volume 12 or 13 (while its 48 volumes). Its about a gambling guy and and mind games. Its art reminds me of Boichi style.





3- Drifting classroom (Hyōryū Kyōshitsu)
Started this one too, an horror/shonen, quite disturbing considering its ft primary school its quite gory and ft grotesque horror somehow, but really interesting. I don't think this kind of manga would ever be published nowadays in a shonen mag.
Like it a lot so far.

Have to start yet kiitchi and Unlucky Young men. My hero academia and snk are on my "to read list" too, but i tend to focus on shorter works easier to catch.
I ve also purchased this one : Melody of Jenny, from Tsukasa Hojo (city Hunter) its an 1 volume ( in Fr but 2 volumes in Eng version) it's a collection of short stories about war.That sounds incredibly interesting, didnt expect that kind of work from Tsukasa Hojo whose works are usually on the lighter side.

Where is Made in Abyss Erin ?:kappa
 

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Started Black Butler Manga.Underrated but this is such a great series.I suggest everyone to read it.
Black Butler is awesome and I hope they animate more of the arcs like the way they have been doing.
  • Finished Billy Bat

Now after taking a gap I will start

Claymore




And Berserk




And Ubel Blatt

How was Billy Bat and what’s it about? I never read Claymore but my younger brother did and I might buy the manga box set so I can read the manga seeing that ending didn’t stop my brother from wanting to read the series again.
 
Top