Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Neverland already selling more than Black Clover, i don't doubt it passing HeroAca if the anime is well directed, and it can get even a big boost if it get a live action.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This is MHA best selling volume right?
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Naruto's -dattebayo and Natsu's "I'm fired up" were way more charming and enjoyable speech tics than screaming though. Seeing Asta made me appreciate them even more.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Haikyuu in first is a rare sight to see, especially above One Piece. We'll need to see future ranks of MHA to make a proper judgement here, but so far this is a good sign.
I think that was the first "full"chapter that's been ranked every other chapter has been below 17 pages.
Nah, it's more bearable in the manga because the last syllable isn't stretched out for 5 seconds every time.
Depends on the translation but he's in a constant state of shouting everything in Japanese so the stress in the last syllable in the anime is just a way of showcasing it. I've seen people complain about the way he talks on twitter and 2ch before the anime and the OVA had similar reactions.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
This is MHA best selling volume right?
Yes.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Wow, Neverland is only 60k off Soma this week. That's pretty crazy to consider. Dunno if it will manage to pass it before it gets an anime, but that's really impressive.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Naruto's -dattebayo and Natsu's "I'm fired up" were way more charming and enjoyable speech tics than screaming though. Seeing Asta made me appreciate them even more.
Naruto I can see because he was just a kid and Junko gave a very memorable performance but Natsu's was grating because Kakihara isn't as good as a VA as her so it felt very forced.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Haikyuu and Boku no Hero have returned to the top 5 at the same time (they're even on the cover). And at the same time, RxL and TPN came out of the top 5. The conspiracy continues...
Where's my tinfoil hat....:hee
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I have a conspiracy theory, "someone" (90% Seven Seas) will announce Yuragi and (World's End Harem ew) license as we approach Halloween. Get it? because Yuuna is a ghost :derp.

Because right now i still think Amazon is fake news. It's wednesday of the new week and still nothing.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I have a conspiracy theory, "someone" (90% Seven Seas) will announce Yuragi and (World's End Harem ew) license as we approach Halloween. Get it? because Yuuna is a ghost :derp.

Because right now i still think Amazon is fake news. It's wednesday of the new week and still nothing.
I feel that they're back out of getting World's End Harem just to avoid stirring up controversy like what came about with Kodomo no Jikan a decade ago.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Naruto I can see because he was just a kid and Junko gave a very memorable performance but Natsu's was grating because Kakihara isn't as good as a VA as her so it felt very forced.
Just shut your mouth and agree with me :cheez. This topic made me think it isn't that many shonen MCs that have speech tics nowadays. It's either a speech tic or a common habit they do and I don't really see it as much anymore. Deku's habit is mumbling to himself which is funny as hell but the crying habit was too much in the beginning for me. Thankfully it's used as comic relief now.
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
The excessive crying made many people think that he would be a Tsuna 2.0.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The excessive crying made many people think that he would be a Tsuna 2.0.
But it was cute when Tsuna did it, but when other characters do it, it feels overdone and awkward.
 

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
I think Tsuna's crying is too gratuitous and annoying.

In the case of Deku it is also annoying, lol, but I think there is a purpose. Considering that the hero he admires is such a confident guy who smiles all the time, I think the author wanted to create a contrast. So when he finally gets to be like his idol, the reader will be able to say "I'm so proud, my cry-baby has become a man!". XD
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just shut your mouth and agree with me :cheez. This topic made me think it isn't that many shonen MCs that have speech tics nowadays. It's either a speech tic or a common habit they do and I don't really see it as much anymore. Deku's habit is mumbling to himself which is funny as hell but the crying habit was too much in the beginning for me. Thankfully it's used as comic relief now.
NEVER!:hmph
That's actually a very good point to bring up and I think its mainly because the previous eras of Jump had characters who were ruffians who needed to stand out in the pack while this era we have a nerd, a respectful lad and the most shocking of all a girl. Asta is the only one that would fit right at home with the old era of Jump.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
That TOC is wrong.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Shonen Jump 45:
Tomatoypoo no Lycopene (Lead CP)
Haikyu!!
One Piece
Dr. Stone (CP)
Black Clover
My Hero Academia
Hinomaru Zumou (CP)
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Shokugeki no Soma
We Never Learn (CP)
The Promised Neverland
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Saiki.
Gintama
Spring Weapon no. 1
Robot x Laserbeam
Shudan
Cross Account
Hungry Marie
Isobe

Shonen Jump 46
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. (Lead CP)
Lycopene (CP)
Isobe (CP)
Shudan (23P CP)
Boruto (CP)
Shudan is only getting extra pages according to the JP toc and Kaizou.
Bokuben is following the romcom/harem tradition by having a CP for a Halloween chapter, btw.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Kimetsu no Yaiba would be so much better if Tanjiro wasn't so bland.

Random fan thinking, but I'd rather see Tanjiro and Nezuko as side characters and focus on Zenjurou trying to become a strong demon hunter after his pillar brother's death.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The excessive crying made many people think that he would be a Tsuna 2.0.
I think Tsuna's crying is too gratuitous and annoying.

In the case of Deku it is also annoying, lol, but I think there is a purpose. Considering that the hero he admires is such a confident guy who smiles all the time, I think the author wanted to create a contrast. So when he finally gets to be like his idol, the reader will be able to say "I'm so proud, my cry-baby has become a man!". XD
I think it was Tsuna's overall wimpy loser demeanor that put people off him. Deku's crying never bother me because it felt more genuine in comparison to Tsuna because it was used as a gag and not a serious character flaw.
 

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
This topic made me think it isn't that many shonen MCs that have speech tics nowadays. It's either a speech tic or a common habit they do and I don't really see it as much anymore..
It's really not new thing, right. Jotaro from JoJo Bizare Adventure had his iconic "Yare Yare Daze"(a habbit his daughter continued later on)-
Personally, I dislike it, when Natsu did it, because "I'm fired up" sounds like a stupid pun on his powers, but that's a personal thing.
Asta is shouting all the time, but I've got an headache after some time, when I've watched it. His VA, so far I know, is a newbie, and it is his second VA role. But I've enjoy the reactions of people on Youtube to this: "Boy, no need to yell everything!"-
Actually, that's something I've enjoyed the most, seeing how people who didnt read the manga, facing the anime and being surprised why this so hyped. Though, as far I can tell, many people did enjoy the first episode, several known critics were mostly mixed or disappointed. Also, the debate of "originality" in shounen seems to start again with BC's anime.
I'm not an hater of BC, I do enjoy it these days, but its beginning (and its protagonist) really bothered me, so the most exciting thing for me about the anime is, are the reactions of people who dont know anything about the manga.

Kinda disappointed that we didnt see the Opening yet. Hopefully they show it next week. Also I have the "theory" that they "cut" the whole demon attacked the kingdom and was stopped by some powerful and respected person and probably use it next week, so it won't be too similiar to Naruto(because the first episode of Naruto began with the attack of the Ninetails). Also, when they show Asta's power next week, it would be more fitting to "show" the origins of this by telling the tale of the old demon.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just cant wait to hear Asta yell "my magic is never giving up!"
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
It took volume 14 of MHA 7 weeks to sell 530K, while volume 15 took 4 weeks(with 3 more days of sales) to sell 522K. Very nice.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top