Hangout Manga Wars 2017 - Hangout

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States




Want some real yummy stuff ? ill definitely give some fresh and organic pear & frangipane tart recipe soon (when i'm done with procrastinating) in community taste maker* :zomg (why this specific tart, because it's the only thing i can cook
with baked potatoes (does baked potatoes even count as cooking ? :pout), my pear and frangipane tart is said to be stellar , even if i m definitely a failure when it comes to cooking, but glad i havent killed anyone yet :derp)



* depending on how far will go TPN, ofc, it's a secret recipe that has been passed down from generations to generations, don't expect to get it for free, its said only the best chiefs know it and i got it from my pâtissier friend, so...
Why lala made the thread...so we all could post..."cant fuck'em up" recipes
:cookiehand
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,572
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
If you think that oaste is the "shit"....if you ever came here,you might not wanna leave.....


:lmao
Mate, we have offal here also.

That doesn't even compare to the quality of 'caviar' in a tube

That's a level of class and sophistication that crosses boundaries

 
Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
You get used to it. It's kinda good with boiled eggs. (That's about it, though. )
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And it's not fish paste, but paste made of smoked fish eggs with tomato purée, potato flakes, sugar and a bunch of conservatives. Now doesn't that sound much more yummy? :cookiehand

I mean, we call it kaviar, but it's not caviar..
Caviar Analog then. Classy.
 

The President

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 18, 2016
Messages
785
Reaction score
2,437
Age
31
Country
Canada
@The President I am curious.What Seinen Manga's do you read or you have read and finished?

And what Manga are you rooting for in this tournament?
I've read a fair bit of seinan actually, much bigger manga person then I am anime since I find it takes far less of my time and gets the point across just as well. Plus some of the best stories arent animated.

Kingdom
Berserk
Vagabond
Vinland Saga
One Punch Man
Jojos Bizzare Adventure
Tokyo Ghoul (Havent read Re: yet, only the first part)
Billy Bat
Monster
20th Century Boys
Pluto
Homunculus
Liar Game
Grand Blue (still catching up)
Black Lagoon
Ajin
I Am A Hero (still catching up)
Akira
Battle Royale
Shigirui
Blade of The Immortal (I have to restart this cause I was reading it the wrong way derp)

As for the ones I am rooting for, I'd be happy if Monster, Vagabond, Jojo's, Kingdom or Berserk win. Since IMO they are each the best at what they do.
 

YumaKuga

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 5, 2015
Messages
1,319
Reaction score
881
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Galactic Empire
@Sky

No World Trigger vs voting round?
:twitch I tried
 

YumaKuga

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 5, 2015
Messages
1,319
Reaction score
881
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Galactic Empire
nominations of members who were banned twice were not accepted, Yuma-pyu. :fan

World Trigger is waiting in the 2nd round :twitch

You can find the bracket here
I need new glasses :twitch

Also hush about two very old bannings from years ago :whynot
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
It's never to too late for redemption Lambu. Do not dispair or regret instead rededicate yourself to justice and righteousness. Even you, who have committed the gravest of sins and walked down the darkest of paths, can turn to the light.

I'll even show you the first step on the path to redemption. Read Tower of God. Like all good upstanding people should.
R-Really?
Then, may I have... a salvation?



[...]

Though that thing of dedicating myself to justice and virtue is... boring as fck :kappa
I'll never cease to repeat it, spanish people (especially the ones in the south like me) are so lazy they would take a nap in the final moments of the earth. Asking me that to makeup for my sins is... *yawn*



Yeah, we are like that ^ , but in the beach.

So I dont think I can really follow that path, Im sorry man :oh

BUT

I did read Tower of God, thanks to the recommendation of syx (the same guy that doesn't take seriously other people's recommendations out of injustified ressentment asdffghhghk)
and I agree with it being an amazing read! I swallowed it all in just a week and I eagerly wait for every update since I catched up to it. :amuse

Its a shame manhwa cannot take place in this event though, it would surely do well. @Sky , would it be ok for manhwas to be nominated next time? :)
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
R-Really?
Then, may I have... a salvation?



[...]

Though that thing of dedicating myself to justice and virtue is... boring as fck :kappa
I'll never cease to repeat it, spanish people (especially the ones in the south like me) are so lazy they would take a nap in the final moments of the earth. Asking me that to makeup for my sins is... *yawn*



Yeah, we are like that ^ , but in the beach.

So I dont think I can really follow that path, Im sorry man :oh

BUT

I did read Tower of God, thanks to the recommendation of syx (the same guy that doesn't take seriously other people's recommendations out of injustified ressentment asdffghhghk)
and I agree with it being an amazing read! I swallowed it all in just a week and I eagerly wait for every update since I catched up to it. :amuse

Its a shame manhwa cannot take place in this event though, it would surely do well. @Sky , would it be ok for manhwas to be nominated next time? :)
Odd, I don't think I've ever seen you in the ToG section. And I see you didn't vote in our sections ongoing character popularity contest either...

Could it be you've never posted in my section?!:gwah

Now I see where you went wrong. Being a ToG fan out there alone in the cold cold world has chilled your tender heart. Come! Join us in the ToG section and let the warmth and light of fellowship bring forth the springtime of your sprit once more!

 
Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,684
Reaction score
61,396
Gender
Male
Country
France
Yes, just like Code Geass and Madoka NGE is an anime first. Manga adaptations of series like that are usually very bad compared to their anime counterparts.
 
Last edited:

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,681
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Hmmm I see. Yeah, I recall following the anime mostly 'cause I was watching it with friends. I knew it had a manga as well and assumed they were similar and that the manga came first. Didn't even know that about Madoka as well.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
No, you can't really compare the manga of NGE to the likes of Code Geass or Madoka. True, Evangelion is mainly known for it's anime and it's, according to the author of the manga, the original work, but for one thing that doesn't change the fact that the manga started almost a year before the anime even aired, so it was kind of developed at the same time.

Besides that, many consider the Evangelion manga superior to the anime. It changes some things, many things for the better, but remains true to the anime story while adding certain tidbits here and there. Just one example would be that Shinji is way less cringeworthy and one-sided as a character. The story is less angsty and nihilistic in general (though ofc it's still not exactly happy go lucky), which is a good thing in my eyes.

And while manga adaptations of anime usually are a small niche thing, the NGE manga remained vastly successful during it's run from 1994 to 2013. For example, Volume 12 sold 600k copies in it's first week alone, and in the end every manga volume sold more than 1 million copies. The first ten volumes had more than 15 million copies in print, the whole fourteen volumes have more than 20 by now.
If one wants a western example, the NGE manga has a rating of almost 8.6 on MAL. Granted it's being way less known over here, compared to Japan, but western opinions are mostly positive too.

Long story short, the NGE manga really is an exception and would've been well worth a nomination, exactly because it takes the source material and improves it, for the most part. Something to keep in mind for the next Manga Wars ;)
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,201
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Haven't read either but I dislike sports manga so...Fate.
Jammin,how could you?!:biblethump Eyeshield is one of the best sports manga ever! You should give it a try,
;


It has good comedy moments, a dramatic side to is as well and many lessons about how to blackmail
encourage people. Besides, the artwork is by Yusuke Murata, a reason to check it if you're a fan of One Punch man's art.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I tried Asia, I really did. Many times. I just don't like sports manga. Never have for whatever reason.

From, Hajime no Ippo to Bambo Blade to To Air Gear to Prince of Tennis to Eyesheild 21 to whatever that weird sumo one was. For others I'm sure they are quite good I just do not enjoy them. I just end up sitting there and wish I was reading something else. It's not even something I can explain, I love sports, in manga form it does nothing for me though.:sweatdrop
 
Top