Hangout Manga Wars 2017 - Hangout

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I tried Asia, I really did. Many times. I just don't like sports manga. Never have for whatever reason.

From, Hajime no Ippo to Bambo Blade to To Air Gear to Prince of Tennis to Eyesheild 21 to whatever that weird sumo one was. For others I'm sure they are quite good I just do not enjoy them. I just end up sitting there and wish I was reading something else. It's not even something I can explain, I love sports, in manga form it does nothing for me.:sweatdrop
Try Real. It's unlike all other sports manga I've read.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Air Gear is more porn than sports though...
Theoretically that should make me like it more! I have loved some objectively terrible ecchi manga over the years.

It didn't help though...
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The only one that was even borderline sports manga that I liked was that one about the male cheerleader who goes back in time. I think it was called "Again". That was good. That's pretty much it though.

Try Real. It's unlike all other sports manga I've read.
Everybody says that about everything, No offense but they are typically wrong.

I don't think the issue is with the various manga anyway. In this case it's me.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Haikyuu is a gods sports Manga.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
What even is the point of sports manga? Would bleach have been interesting if I had the ability to end civilizations with a swing of my person sized sword? Of course not, that wouldn't be in the slightest bit interesting in that case. It'd at best be a slow thursday.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Theoretically that should make me like it more! I have loved some objectively terrible ecchi manga over the years.

It didn't help though...
I am already mad that no one went for To Love Ru.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
What even is the point of sports manga? Would bleach have been interesting if I had the ability to end civilizations with a swing of my person sized sword? Of course not, that wouldn't be in the slightest bit interesting in that case. It'd at best be a slow thursday.
A slow thursday... Fishman Island is that you
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I am already mad that no one went for To Love Ru.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


A slow thursday... Fishman Island is that you
I regret a little bit that I didn't nominate that. It would have been my second choice for sure. That would have been so fun to try and defend.:XD
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
It's enjoyable?
:invalid
It's more drama than sports. Real characters, real story, real sports. No exaggerated power-up action where a simple long shot is called a "Dragon's Fireball" or a fast dribble is a "Mirage of a Thousand Bounces".

I mean, I can get kinda addicted to sports manga for its over-the-top/ridiculousnes , and sometimes the story is even kinda good... but let's face it, Prince of Tennis is no masterpiece. :eyeroll

Doesn't change the fact that I read almost the whole series (as far as had been published that far) in like two weeks, though.. it was a guilty pleasure for sure.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I regret a little bit that I didn't nominate that. It would have been my second choice for sure. That would have been so fun to try and defend.:XD
It would have been pretty hard, er, difficult to defend it considering it turned into straight up porn.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Air Gear was entertaining, imo ç.ç I must be the single person that liked it.
It had wobbling boobs. So how could one not like it?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It would have been pretty hard, er, difficult to defend it considering it turned into straight up porn.
It was awesome like that until it finally went to hell.

#Harunasucks
#notmywaifu
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,200
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Air Gear was entertaining, imo ç.ç I must be the single person that liked it.
It was entertaining, but from middle to end, I didn't like much. The first arcs were the best.
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
I did read Tower of God, thanks to the recommendation of syx (the same guy that doesn't take seriously other people's recommendations out of injustified ressentment asdffghhghk)
Forgive me for not replying to you in the other thread where you mentioned me in regards to Spice and Wolf. I didn't want to go off-topic there, but I owe you an explanation:

I dropped Spice and Wolf because it was not my cup of tea, not because of your questionable behaviour in the Mafia Game. The whole premise of the series didn't pique my interest, even though I consider the characters enjoyable. Holo is very sweet, but doesn't live up to her tremendous hype in my view. Could be because I didn't finish the series, who knows. Anyway, I gave it a shot and that's all what counts. Everything else is just a matter of opinion. The fact that I even picked it up is proof enough that I took your nomination and campaign seriously. I hope this case is settled now and we are good.



@Sky
I hope I have enough credit for you to not delete this off topic post. : )
 
Top