Hangout Manga Wars 2017 - Hangout

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2015
Messages
4,312
Reaction score
3,702
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
No one is as salty as Sammy.
I dedicate my signature to Sammy.
You're a terrible sadist, you know that?

@SirSamuel016 I did not abandoned Shokugeki no Soma, I just nominated my passion for gambling that's all. Besides, I saved my message to you asking for you to nominate SnS. So I was actually campaigning for both nyah~

Also, who will be corrupting who?

@The President Ha, top my salt? You clearly obsessed with Seinen and big men with small hands, maybe that's why you got your handle nyah~
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I really love how quickly this went back to the waifu wars grudge. Took like 3 posts.:XD

And how Vagabond was almost instantly and completely forgotten.:teehee
Well, Vagabond is about a homeless dude so yeah, he's pretty forgettable.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,786
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
When the selling point in a manga is cooking, you know something went horribly wrong. The fact that its author previously drew ****** gives you a good grasp of the level of quality you are in for. Id recommend watching Hells Kitchen on repeat instead.
Is that the best you can do? :lmao The level of disappointment I get from this is probably the same Vagabond and HxH fans get with the hiatuses lol. You do realise SnS got knocked out of the Manga Wars right? So you're literally just taking the bait I laid out at this point.
 

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2015
Messages
4,312
Reaction score
3,702
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
I regret nothing


You're lucky TG is actually better than headband, attack naming ninjas.

I still hate your TG intials/ tag, since it also gets mixed into images of men becoming women.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@SirSamuel016 Leave him be, he thinks cooking a demon child is appetizing cooking :yodawg
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
When the selling point in a manga is cooking, you know something went horribly wrong. The fact that its author previously drew ****** gives you a good grasp of the level of quality you are in for. Id recommend watching Hells Kitchen on repeat instead.

On a side note. I thought Id share some badass Berserk pictures.



Oh, and if its cooking you want. Then Berserk has plenty of it. Here is Guts cooking a demon child:


Here is Rickert cooking stew:


Now isnt that entertaining. Fucking cooking.

:yodawg
I also love how initially President came into the ring ready to defend Vagabond Queensberry rules style. Only to find Sammy outside the ring beating the ever lovin' crap out of SnK and Mikasa with a steel chair.


But has now understood his mistake, gotten into his leotard, and is grabbed a microphone for some trash talk. You certainly adapt quickly.:XD

You're a terrible sadist, you know that?

@SirSamuel016 I did not abandoned Shokugeki no Soma, I just nominated my passion for gambling that's all. Besides, I saved my message to you asking for you to nominate SnS. So I was actually campaigning for both nyah~

Also, who will be corrupting who?

@The President Ha, top my salt? You clearly obsessed with Seinen and big men with small hands, maybe that's why you got your handle nyah~
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Well, Vagabond is about a homeless dude so yeah, he's pretty forgettable.
And Econ enters for the double team!

 

Aizen

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2016
Messages
1,469
Reaction score
4,067
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I find it a bit amusing so many people bashing series they never read and thus, saying so many blatantly inaccurate things. Keep this up and this can top the Waifu Wars finale. Let the salt flow! :XD
 

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2015
Messages
4,312
Reaction score
3,702
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
I find it a bit amusing so many people bashing series they never read and thus, saying so many blatantly inaccurate things. Keep this up and this can top the Waifu Wars finale. Let the salt flow! :XD
Anybody can go to wikipedia or TV Tropes to look up a series to find parts they can bash :kappa
 

Aizen

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2016
Messages
1,469
Reaction score
4,067
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Anybody can go to wikipedia or TV Tropes to look up a series to find parts they can bash :kappa
I suppose that is true. I may not agree with anything you or Sam are saying here about Vagabond, but I gotta give you some props for going full throttle all the same. :XD
 

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2015
Messages
4,312
Reaction score
3,702
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations

Why do you have to hurt me in this way?
Because I love you, munchinks.


--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I suppose that is true. I may not agree with anything you or Sam are saying here, but I gotta give you some props for going full throttle all the same. :XD
It would only be full throttle if we were roommates :kapp
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Until this event I never realized quite how differently I read and see manga compared to a lot of people on here. Especially when it comes to fan service, schmexy waifus, fan shippings/pairings etc... idk, I always thought fan service (unless done right and it actually adds to the story or characters, at which point it's not really fan service anymore) was kind of a waste of space where there could be actual quality art and storytelling, and all the waifu worshipping and pairings just a bit of harmless fun.. but damn, it's like people take these things more seriously than what I feel are actual honest-to-bob qualities of the manga.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying my way of seeing is right and yours is wrong or anything of the sort. I realize I'm probably the boring, stuck-up snob who can't appreciate all those things properly. And I guess I've always known I'm not an "otaku" like many here are. It just struck me all of a sudden that damn, I'm kind of an outsider in that sense, and more importantly I have no idea how to properly campaign or debate when I'm in such a minority.

Either way, I still find this whole event highly entertaining and it's amazing how those whose viewpoint I don't share have given me the most laughs and whose posts I've liked the most, or at least as much as the people I just straight-up agree with.

Just wanted to make known that my lack of campaigning and passionately discussing isn't because of lack of enthusiasm, but due to lack of time and because I feel way out of my element. It doesn't change the fact that this community is friggin' awesome.

(Wow, this became much more heartfelt than I thought it'd be. The ten years spent on here sure are getting to me.)
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Until this event I never realized quite how differently I read and see manga compared to a lot of people on here. Especially when it comes to fan service, schmexy waifus, fan shippings/pairings etc... idk, I always thought fan service (unless done right and it actually adds to the story or characters, at which point it's not really fan service anymore) was kind of a waste of space where there could be actual quality art and storytelling, and all the waifu worshipping and pairings just a bit of harmless fun.. but damn, it's like people take these things more seriously than what I feel are actual honest-to-bob qualities of the manga.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying my way of seeing is right and yours is wrong or anything of the sort. I realize I'm probably the boring, stuck-up snob who can't appreciate all those things properly. And I guess I've always known I'm not an "otaku" like many here are. It just struck me all of a sudden that damn, I'm kind of an outsider in that sense, and more importantly I have no idea how to properly campaign or debate when I'm in such a minority.

Either way, I still find this whole event highly entertaining and it's amazing how those whose viewpoint I don't share have given me the most laughs and whose posts I've liked the most, or at least as much as the people I just straight-up agree with.

Just wanted to make known that my lack of campaigning and passionately discussing isn't because of lack of enthusiasm, but due to lack of time and because I feel way out of my element. It doesn't change the fact that this community is friggin' awesome.

(Wow, this became much more heartfelt than I thought it'd be. The ten years spent on here sure are getting to me.)
Just gif spam like erin,syx and me
:cookiehand
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,681
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Idk, maybe I see it the wrong way as well, but those fan servicing/waifu/husbando arguments imo is more for the gag aspect of it than a serious thing xD I personally don't appreciate those in the series and agree with you there (altho some use of fan servicing can end up as quite epic and make me super hyped), but I join the trains in events 'cause comparing those works and characters overall is simply damn fun. But I could be very wrong about how other people in here feels about it and be somewhat alone as well '-'
 
Top