Voting Round 3 - Koe no Katachi vs. Bleach | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 3 Koe no Katachi vs. Bleach

Who wins?

• Koe no Katachi

• Bleach

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Koe no Katachi
Yoshitoki Oima

-

Bleach
Tite Kubo

Rules
- You are allowed to vote for one Manga
- After 5 days, the Manga with the most votes will proceed into the next round
- In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it

EmptySoul

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Bleach isnt that interesting to me so ive really never gotten past 100 chaps while koe no katachi is one of the better mangas ive read,its MC is just great

imo its leagues above Bleach so my vote goes to Koe no katachi

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
So its Bleach, a famous long running manga vs a short story thats still very recent. :pout

Well, I have my reasons to think Koe no Katachi would deserve to win as much as its rival here, even if its "size" and popularity is far inferior. That why Im here to show it to you all.

A Silent Voice is manga written by Yoshitoki Oima that keeps the focus on different aspects of life, the most important one: finding the will to live.
Its the journey of a man for self-acceptance and forgiveness, the relationship between Ishida and Nishimiya is the very core of this story but there are many other characters and each one of them have a very defined sociologic complex, from compulsive lying to a controlled sociopathy.

The emotions in this manga are so real because the characters feel real. The nature of every character is so well depicted and portrayed that its almost shocking (you could make a detailed analysis of each one of them), and that for a series of 64 chapters is certainly remarkable.

And here's the good thing, even if its short it delivers its message clearly and with no faults, there was no need to extend the story with sweet romance or some generic "ups and downs" plot.
The manga goes straight to the point, showing the horrors of bullying and the trauma for the people who suffer it, the value and meaning of friendship, the influence of love and relations with each other, the inner exploration of one-self (the final chapters of this manga are gold with this part) and the perspective of a person that would never speak her mind... seriously Shoko's character introspection is so damn tragic that it brings tears from just imagining.

Im sure some people is going to hate the Main Character Shoya when they start reading, but thats actually part of the story and its incredible how the author drives you to even understand the actions of a bored kid that didn't comprehend the consequences of his actions.
When reality finally snaps at him its so damn sad, and the fact that he cannot go back and fix it, driving him into isolation, convincing himself of not being worthy of standing on the same level as the rest of his social circle...

Damn :emocat

I cant really explain the life lessons and emotions this manga can bring to you without spoiling some situations of the story, like the death of a certain character, so I can only encourage you all to read it. :)
So please give it a shot, for me its a masterpiece of drama and a more than worthy winner for this Manga Wars. :cheerbunny

"See you later" :amuse

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Lambu, you are too cute :wtf.

I will most likely vote for your nomination.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Going with Koe no Katachi here.

Phileos

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
So its Bleach, a famous long running manga vs a short story thats still very recent. :pout

Well, I have my reasons to think Koe no Katachi would deserve to win as much as its rival here, even if its "size" and popularity is far inferior. That why Im here to show it to you all.

A Silent Voice is manga written by Yoshitoki Oima that keeps the focus on different aspects of life, the most important one: finding the will to live.
Its the journey of a man for self-acceptance and forgiveness, the relationship between Ishida and Nishimiya is the very core of this story but there are many other characters and each one of them have a very defined sociologic complex, from compulsive lying to a controlled sociopathy.

The emotions in this manga are so real because the characters feel real. The nature of every character is so well depicted and portrayed that its almost shocking (you could make a detailed analysis of each one of them), and that for a series of 64 chapters is certainly remarkable.

And here's the good thing, even if its short it delivers its message clearly and with no faults, there was no need to extend the story with sweet romance or some generic "ups and downs" plot.
The manga goes straight to the point, showing the horrors of bullying and the trauma for the people who suffer it, the value and meaning of friendship, the influence of love and relations with each other, the inner exploration of one-self (the final chapters of this manga are gold with this part) and the perspective of a person that would never speak her mind... seriously Shoko's character introspection is so damn tragic that it brings tears from just imagining.

Im sure some people is going to hate the Main Character Shoya when they start reading, but thats actually part of the story and its incredible how the author drives you to even understand the actions of a bored kid that didn't comprehend the consequences of his actions.
When reality finally snaps at him its so damn sad, and the fact that he cannot go back and fix it, driving him into isolation, convincing himself of not being worthy of standing on the same level as the rest of his social circle...

Damn :emocat

I cant really explain the life lessons and emotions this manga can bring to you without spoiling some situations of the story, like the death of a certain character, so I can only encourage you all to read it. :)
So please give it a shot, for me its a masterpiece of drama and a more than worthy winner for this Manga Wars. :cheerbunny

"See you later" :amuse
That's very nice of you, and your recommendation is awesome!
I vote for Koe no Katachi

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hmm, vote for the meme or vote for something I've never heard of. Tough choice :kappa

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Koe, because it has to be better than Bleach

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Voting for Bleach. Started it recently and I really enjoy it so it gets my vote here as I'm unfamiliar with the other.

MonkeyD-Dragon

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Koe no Katachi made me feel more.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Lambu, lemme tell you that you're so darn charismatic xD Second time you pick something not a lot of people know and take it damn far.
You're a reasonable and sensitive person and would make a great leader, imo^^

That being said...
Voting for the series Idk but that seems to be very interesting and appealing to me (based on what's been said) over a great meme source... '-'

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Bleach had me so damn hooked to begin with. Didn't really like the art, always felt kinda off or as if something was missing, but I enjoyed the story and the characters... up to a point. I don't even remember what that point was. But I lost interest, and dropped it.

Koe no Katachi gave me feels all the way through and I never once felt like dropping it, not even to stop reading it. It's absolutely beautiful and it needs to be recognized for what it is.

Easy choice for me.

Last edited:

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Bleach had me so damn hooked to begin with. Didn't really like the art, always felt kinda off or as if something was missing, but I enjoyed the story and the characters... up to a point. I don't even remember what that point was. But I lost interest, and dropped it.
Really?

The art was what I liked most about Bleach.

Kubo, in my mind, has a real talent for drawing - and designing interesting characters.

The main issue with Bleach is unfortunately the most important thing to a manga - the story (or lack thereof).

Bleach had a great concept, which it followed through to a hugely satisfying character reveal (that being Aizen's betrayal). The problem was that after that point, I am not sure Kubo knew what he wanted to do with the story.

It crashed and burned like Naruto did (albeit, possibly even more so).
The issue is that, unlike Naruto (which I believe I could have easily fixed), I am not sure what he could have done to progress the story of Bleach in a compelling way, for a long period of time, other than ending it as a short story.

All that said, I am a fan of rage, so I am gonna pour a little bleach on KnK and see if it burns or not.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I agree Kubo can draw characters. Aaaaaand that's it. Everything else is the definition of uninteresting art imo. And well drawn characters don't make up for the decline in good story and heart. Everything from a certain point just felt kinda "meh", and as if Kubo himself thought so as well.

I never even hated or strongly disliked Bleach. It just became dull and uninteresting, not terrible. I don't get the super strong hate, but I'll still never pick it over a series which is actually great from beginning to end.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Lambu has a wonderful persuasion which actually makes him win votes.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Sorry Bleach, but this time I have to vote for the other work.
Nothing will be able to wash away the disappointing ending you had, not even the chemical whose name you bear. :kappa

Dunno1978

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Koe no Katachi, since I almost cried after a few chapters (the feels, THE FEELS...:scry). Also, I wanna avenge the lolis... Poor them, didn't manage to proceed to the next round...

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Im flattered with people appreciating my campaign, thank you all! :blush
@Arjuna Im sorry I couldn't help you save Tokyo Ghoul though. :feelsbadman

I actually agree a lot with @Organizized thoughts on Bleach, it was a manga that never struck me as "amazing" even the first part of the work was enjoyable, but then it just turned boring, I only read the end because I like to finish what I begin and boy was I disappointed. :oh
KnK on the other hand managed to stay a 9/10 through the whole ride, it was shorter, yeah, but infinitely more satisfying.

Status
Not open for further replies.