Voting Round 3 - Koe no Katachi vs. Bleach | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 3 Koe no Katachi vs. Bleach

Who wins?

• Koe no Katachi

• Bleach

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
All that said, I am a fan of rage, so I am gonna pour a little bleach on KnK and see if it burns or not.

I'd like to join in on this. Seems fun:toc:toc:toc

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Koe no Katachi looks very emotional but not more emotional than I feel every time I see this Bleach spread.

Say what you will about Kubo as an author but as a character designer and artist the man is a god. Granted, detail and realistic art was never his thing but he used the contrast of black and white better than just about anybody else. He also created more distinct and interesting looking characters than just about any other mangaka out there.

The way he put it together sometimes, with story and writing, was less that perfect (to put it mildly) but the ingredients were second to none.

Bleach +1

Last edited:

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
So its boobs vs good writing all over again. :darn

Voting Bleach solely for the art... I dont know what to say about this. @Jammin I expected more, even more when you nominate OPM: sure it has some... "curvy" art but it also has an interesting storyline and brilliant comedy, but I dont think Bleach has that quality in the slightless.

I thought you were into ships aswell, is Nishimiya x Ishida not enough to gain your attention? :pout

^ My heart cant take this cuteness. :wtf

:awe

But I guess you are more into physical stuff and lewds... oh well. :nomoar

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm sorry @Lambu but I haven't read it.

I don't know who those characters are and I don't have time to find out because I'm trying to catch up on about 100 chapters of Tokyo Ghoul. All that I have to go on are superficial impressions. And when it comes to superficial impressions Bleach is nearly unbeatable.:sweatdrop

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Lambu really is amazing at these campaign event things, all he says is just purely sincere, something I don't really feel from many others.

I'm glad that I helped this great manga pass the previous round and I will vote for it again.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
So its Bleach, a famous long running manga vs a short story thats still very recent. :pout

Well, I have my reasons to think Koe no Katachi would deserve to win as much as its rival here, even if its "size" and popularity is far inferior. That why Im here to show it to you all.

A Silent Voice is manga written by Yoshitoki Oima that keeps the focus on different aspects of life, the most important one: finding the will to live.
Its the journey of a man for self-acceptance and forgiveness, the relationship between Ishida and Nishimiya is the very core of this story but there are many other characters and each one of them have a very defined sociologic complex, from compulsive lying to a controlled sociopathy.

The emotions in this manga are so real because the characters feel real. The nature of every character is so well depicted and portrayed that its almost shocking (you could make a detailed analysis of each one of them), and that for a series of 64 chapters is certainly remarkable.

And here's the good thing, even if its short it delivers its message clearly and with no faults, there was no need to extend the story with sweet romance or some generic "ups and downs" plot.
The manga goes straight to the point, showing the horrors of bullying and the trauma for the people who suffer it, the value and meaning of friendship, the influence of love and relations with each other, the inner exploration of one-self (the final chapters of this manga are gold with this part) and the perspective of a person that would never speak her mind... seriously Shoko's character introspection is so damn tragic that it brings tears from just imagining.

Im sure some people is going to hate the Main Character Shoya when they start reading, but thats actually part of the story and its incredible how the author drives you to even understand the actions of a bored kid that didn't comprehend the consequences of his actions.
When reality finally snaps at him its so damn sad, and the fact that he cannot go back and fix it, driving him into isolation, convincing himself of not being worthy of standing on the same level as the rest of his social circle...

Damn :emocat

I cant really explain the life lessons and emotions this manga can bring to you without spoiling some situations of the story, like the death of a certain character, so I can only encourage you all to read it. :)
So please give it a shot, for me its a masterpiece of drama and a more than worthy winner for this Manga Wars. :cheerbunny

"See you later" :amuse
That's all well and good...but does anyone utter the phrase Bankai in the series?

I thought so. Bleach it is.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
That's all well and good...but does anyone utter the phrase Bankai in the series?

I thought so. Bleach it is.
Calling out your attacks is probably the dumbest thing any manga can do, I don't why Bleach and other continue to use this trope.

Anti Hero 3:16

Reaction score
Country
United States
Going with bleach simply coz I like it when ichigo shouts bankai and dont even have a clue about koe no katachi.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm sorry @Lambu but I haven't read it.

I don't know who those characters are and I don't have time to find out because I'm trying to catch up on about 100 chapters of Tokyo Ghoul. All that I have to go on are superficial impressions. And when it comes to superficial impressions Bleach is nearly unbeatable.:sweatdrop

Shobu_Yoruichi

Reaction score
Country
Chile
You expected me to come on saturday??? This is Bleach for chair sake!!! :mono:hip

Lambu has a wonderful persuasion which actually makes him win votes.
Okay... the battleground is set, and for sure, Lambu puts us a hard way to beat, an excellent syntaxis with strong and hard strikes that are weary punches to your limbic system that catches you unattended and thus falling in his/her thoughts...

But!!

We have something guys, don't forget!

We have....

So, don't ever think that such nice demonstrations of kindness and charming words will enchant us!!! Bleach is better! Why? Just keep reading below:

The big question... Will Bleach win AGAIN even though it is AGAIN completely inferior with its best pages being the ones which show absolutely nothing but a white background?
Excuse me?? We use black, and with white, we do no get grey, we get almighty :cool:

This is the main reason xD

Hmm, vote for the meme or vote for something I've never heard of. Tough choice :kappa
Meme? Oh, didn't knew about that new way to call it, my good WYIS, you know... i esteem you because of your tastes, we met frequently in other section that gives us, let me give you examples of a thing that Bleach has and the other thing you have never heard of, i can put my hands on fire to swear that it doesn't, like:

Oratory:

Deceive:

Epicness:

Bankai:

With Bleach, we can be sure that characters are identified more than anything subtle or explicit in the lecture, just enjoy them with your heart!

[...]
Voting for the series Idk but that seems to be very interesting and appealing to me (based on what's been said) over a great meme source... '-'
Let me tell you that Bleach also has some strikes to the limbic system and puts you to cry or/and laugh, many... many times!

Tite Kubo specializes in the lack of parents, where plenty of the cast is with familiar problems that come from the lack of a mother or father, the weight of family's traditions, plays with the romantic subplot that some characters share with and most importantly engulfs you to rid the roller coaster in a petrified path to learn and depict the identity of his grand cast of characters where you can't fail to at least feel that you are just like that one! Yep, i feel that there's characters that think and act just like i do in my real life.

I'm sure that if you try it, you may find yours type :)

Bleach had me so damn hooked to begin with. Didn't really like the art, always felt kinda off or as if something was missing, but I enjoyed the story and the characters... up to a point. I don't even remember what that point was. But I lost interest, and dropped it.

Koe no Katachi gave me feels all the way through and I never once felt like dropping it, not even to stop reading it. It's absolutely beautiful and it needs to be recognized for what it is.

Easy choice for me.
The point of Bleach is easy, once that you think what was the goal of all... and that is the search of self.

Stories nowadays need to be compelling because we live in a society that works and goes around for money, so everything that you might like, it is not categorized or exactly raw as the creator might like to made it. With that one thought in mind, just wonder a little...

What do you prefer? A story that portrays real and actual situations to have inner thoughts of your actions... or a story that is a fictional world, thus involves the creator's imagination at work, and is quite ambitious enough to fuck the basis and states that a story needs plot in order to be compelling.

I've to say the latter works for me. Bleach doesn't makes think too much in myself, but makes me enjoy what characters say, act and look... Tite Kubo draws in order to show characters... he uses the manga media at his own way and he does magnificently, because no one can deny that almost all his characters are cool starting with modeling brands to how you can appeal to them... even those titles of the chapters, the man inovates to, some examples are:

Why do you Eat it?
Blinda Blinda
Wasted but Wanted
Rockin' Future Seven
Nice to Meet you, I will Beat You
Like a Tiger Treading in Flowers
Back in Black
Dark Side of the Universe
Bite the Moon
Spit on your Own God
No Shaking Throne

and some others, you can for sure say that Tite thinks differently, not like your usual mangaka. Obviously this works for some people, you may not like it, but still i show you that isn't a waste of time.:hee
Really?

The art was what I liked most about Bleach.

Kubo, in my mind, has a real talent for drawing - and designing interesting characters.

The main issue with Bleach is unfortunately the most important thing to a manga - the story (or lack thereof).

Bleach had a great concept, which it followed through to a hugely satisfying character reveal (that being Aizen's betrayal). The problem was that after that point, I am not sure Kubo knew what he wanted to do with the story.

It crashed and burned like Naruto did (albeit, possibly even more so).
The issue is that, unlike Naruto (which I believe I could have easily fixed), I am not sure what he could have done to progress the story of Bleach in a compelling way, for a long period of time, other than ending it as a short story.

All that said, I am a fan of rage, so I am gonna pour a little bleach on KnK and see if it burns or not.

I don't like your post, but i like your vote:feelsbadman

So its boobs vs good writing all over again. :darn

Voting Bleach solely for the art... I dont know what to say about this. @Jammin I expected more, even more when you nominate OPM: sure it has some... "curvy" art but it also has an interesting storyline and brilliant comedy, but I dont think Bleach has that quality in the slightless.

But I guess you are more into physical stuff and lewds... oh well. :nomoar
Physical stuff???

Lambu, your formidable, so i'm gonna show you something that Bleach and only Bleach has, even is ironic to think that this was published weekly at WSJ!! Prepare please, just sit, and enjoy the poems of Bleach!

Do you still believe that his is lewd and only with curvy art?
Bleach is an arquitecture bible of designs, yet aside only drawings, you can see for yourself that words are ordered to captivate you since the first moment that you open a volume of Bleach.

There are characters that look good...

:cookiehand:swoon:toc:true

But still you cannot forget that, for your mind there is some things looking and sounding good ;)

Ladies and Gentlemen, beings of the third kind and amoebas... with this said, if you cherished and enjoyed reading at least one part of Bleach, vote for it!!! It needs your help, Bleach might and will win Manga Wars, because... the victorious aren't always the best! Change and prove that you can do a difference, plot isn't everything, this is manga!! Drawings, dialogues and ideas count and Bleach has that in the core!!

Change it, and show your Heart with your vote now!!

:ginwut<--- don't put this face after reading all this, please.

Last edited:

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I suppose I could vote for what Bleach did right and for how long. Admittedly I was a Bleach fanboy once :fan

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
@Shobu_Yoruichi you have no idea how much I am rooting for Bleach to win this whole competition.

But, let's face it, you really chose the wrong orator for your examples

You chose Aizen, over
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I suppose I could vote for what Bleach did right and for how long. Admittedly I was a Bleach fanboy once :fan
I used to mod the Bleach section
:invalid

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
@Shobu_Yoruichi you have no idea how much I am rooting for Bleach to win this whole competition.

But, let's face it, you really chose the wrong orator for your examples

You chose Aizen, over
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I used to mod the Bleach section
:invalid
I see :heh
Context makes it all better.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I will say this about BLEACH, after Naruto, it was the one series I expected to have a non traditional ending, because of the kind of author Kubo was and how much respect I had for him, even in the later dregs of the final arc. It's unfortunate that he ended the series prematurely, but I do believe he was building up to a very different ending than we got.

For better, and definitely for worse, Kubo was a stylistic author who's manga was basically poetic, character vignettes linked together by various pieces of shoestrings and twine that we called a plot. Kubo excelled in the former most definitely, and tolerated the latter. If Kubo came back and just did a monthly chapter on various, random characters from the series, without a single story tying them together, I think it'd do well.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
@Shobu_Yoruichi
Great post, you defended Bleach well.
I do agree it had its moments, its not like Bleach isn't a very popular manga for nothing, its just that I did expect a lot more from it.
It wasn't one of my faves but still nice to follow, but then it just turned to worse like almost every "long runner". The last arc was horrendous but it already started to show signs of weariness halfway through...

Consistency is something that I really value in manga and Bleach didn't have it, very good ideas with faulty implementation.

Koe no Katachi didn't disappoint me in any way, it only kept getting better and better to its end and well... just because it portrays real life themes doesn't mean its less enjoyable than a work of fiction, they both have their charms.

Last but not least

Ladies and Gentlemen, beings of the third kind and amoebas... with this said, if you cherished and enjoyed reading at least one part of Bleach, vote for it!!! It needs your help, Bleach might and will win Manga Wars, because... the victorious aren't always the best! Change and prove that you can do a difference, plot isn't everything, this is manga!! Drawings, dialogues and ideas count and Bleach has that in the core!!
:notamused

The worst part is that you are right, oh well... :kappa

Status
Not open for further replies.