Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
A one chapter per episode pacing is awful on it's own. Putting in full filler episodes starting at episode 3 is even worse. I would be surprised if they finish the fight against Mars before episode 30 at this pace.
 

Sir Isley

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2012
Messages
189
Reaction score
130
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I always assume that an author knows what he is doing with his series, meaning that what is in the manga and what is not in the manga were fruit of the authors's plaining. It is very strange to me the anime complementing the original work with serious extra information. If Tabata agreed with that, I think it just proves once more his lack of maturity as an author. If he forgot to add such important information that we are having to have this conversation in the first place, it is lack of maturity.
lol I learn something new every time I'm here. Not having a long drawn out flashback for a story makes one immature wow wow wow. I would call the stuff in episode 2 "really important" since we got the gist of it already.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
So the Black Bull chapters I was waiting for won't happen until episode 6? I'm probably going to drop this after the next episode then, since I don't think I'll be able to stomach Black Clover with this pacing.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Gintama manga is not popular outside of the Japan, but the anime really is
https://myanimelist.net/anime/918/Gintama?q=Gintama

400k members its a big number for a series with 200 episodes.
All that means its on peoples lists- they could have dropped it, stopped watching (litrally they could have just watched 1 episode) or hated it. Notice only 1/4 of the 400k even rated it.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Did Pierrot learn nothing at all from the massive failure that was Twin Star? You can't expect people to care about your slow plodding filler when you haven't even properly introduced the characters yet, especially with Black Clover where half the appeal is the fast pace and the good characters aren't going to show up until ep 6.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Define how twin star was a failure.

I liked it, they gave the anime great style especially with attack names, attack looks, voice acting, original content and getting my fav voice actor KENN and fave jpn group (lol - sync) involved.

I was sure it always helped keep manga sales up for the whole year.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I never put my eyes on Twin Stars Exorcists manga again after I dropped the anime, that's the distaste I have for the series now.
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
I never put my eyes on Twin Stars Exorcists manga again after I dropped the anime, that's the distaste I have for the series now.
Cause like everyone else, you expect a 1:1 copy adaptation. Good series or not, never expect an adaptation to copy the source material in its entirety. If
I want it to be like the source material, then I read the source material. Things like this make me think anime viewers are really toxic. And sorry but at best, Black Clover is more of a children and pre-teen´s product. Why you adults care about this manga which is a glorified template shonen? I really wanted BC to have a 25 or 50 episode adaptation so that we don´t end up with a shallow series. Also, how do the episode´s titles reveal which content will these episodes have? One doesn´t know yet what will be the content.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Cause like everyone else, you expect a 1:1 copy adaptation. Good series or not, never expect an adaptation to copy the source material in its entirety. If
I want it to be like the source material, then I read the source material. Things like this make me think anime viewers are really toxic. And sorry but at best, Black Clover is more of a children and pre-teen´s product. Why you adults care about this manga which is a glorified template shonen? I really wanted BC to have a 25 or 50 episode adaptation so that we don´t end up with a shallow series. Also, how do the episode´s titles reveal which content will these episodes have? One doesn´t know yet what will be the content.
The conversation made you think that I care about Black Clover? Sorry for the mistake, I don't care at all about the series. What I said would apply to every series.
If the studio is not willing to follow the original work they are ADAPTING (not creating a new one), they should create an original anime. :verily
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I think BC being a long runner is for the best, being it's SP it scares you with the filler they will use but I'm all for expanding canon. People are just not feeling the one chapter per episode pace.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
And sorry but at best, Black Clover is more of a children and pre-teen´s product. Why you adults care about this manga which is a glorified template shonen?
LOL dude, do you know what forum you're on?
Also, if you didn't care about this "children's and preteen product" then you wouldn't care about the episode count or filler content, now would you?
Also, how do the episode´s titles reveal which content will these episodes have? One doesn´t know yet what will be the content.
Actually, that's what title's do. They tell you what the episode will be about, especially for shonen anime aimed at kids.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Also, how do the episode´s titles reveal which content will these episodes have? One doesn´t know yet what will be the content.
DBZ would like to have a word with you.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
DBZ was ridiculous, there was a episode that was named "GOKU DIES" and they fucking said that on the end of the previous episode, on the preview!
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
One Piece did it too with that guy's death. It might just be a Toei thing. I guess it matters less with DB though, since Goku has died and been revived like 5 times now.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It was important on the first time he died though and they did it for the entire series. XD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I haven't read the entire article yet, but one thing that caught my attention was the last phrase:
"According to Viz the free chapter of RWBY on Viz.com generated the largest traffic spike on the site. Vol. 1 of the RWBY English print manga will be released by Viz’s Sig imprint in January 2018."
RWBY? That one we criticized endlessly? XD
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
How is Black Clover older volumes doing after the second episode?
 

CEOAmaterasu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2014
Messages
271
Reaction score
492
Country
Canada
Hmmm did I miss this week's ToC? Or maybe I'm just blind and missed it
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
People generally base their opinions about Shokugeki no Soma so called decay in sales and the fact that the anime doesn't have a very big audience on the paper, but I think Shokugeki no Soma can be some sources of revenue that people may not consider because they are not that usual. For example, I just saw on Twitter that they are making dishes from the characters and serving on J-World. It looks delicious. Shokugeki no Soma can make a profit on a culinary standpoint. Their recipes are real and I always find myself wanting to try out. Japanese people are lucky people.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top