Games Mafia Game 57 - Tokyo Ghoul: Rebirth - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Ending Credits
Thank You for Playing Mafia Game 57!


Player Actions Report

Politician - Farfalla > Force MonkeyD-Dragon to vote Demonspeed >> Success

Priority 1

Barkeeper - Kato756 > Invite TSPanda, Farfalla, Brandish > Brandish is redirected to Erinyes

Prostitute - MonkeyD-Dragon > Block SonOfDaws >> Success
Mafia Escort - goodboy_lawlett > Block GrySun >> Success


Priority 2

Sane Det - Erinyes > Investigate Farfalla >> Innocent
Insane Det - Purity of Magi > Investigate TSPanda >> Guilty
Paranoid Det - Qixus > Investigate GrySun > Guilty

Sane Doctor - SonOfDaws > Protect Farfalla > Blocked
Bodyguard - GrySun > Protect TSPanda >> Blocked


Priority 3

Recruiting Mason - gnut > Recruit Farfalla >> Success

Insane Doctor (killing) - Organizized > Kill TSPanda >> Coin flip failed >>> Dies before he can kill
Mafia Janitor - Lambu > Kill Organizized >> Organizized dies

Mafia Gambler - Brandish > Force desin24 to vote Purity of Magi >> Coin flip failed >>> desin24 can't be killed by the mafia on Night Two

Priority 1

Barkeeper - Kato756 > Invite TSPanda , Farfalla, Arjuna >> Farfalla reveals her role

Prostitute - MonkeyD-Dragon > Block Farfalla >> Success
Mafia Escort - goodboy_lawlett > Block Zasz >> Success


Priority 2

Sane Det - Erinyes > Investigate GrySun >> Innocent
Insane Det - Purity of Magi > Investigate GrySun >> Guilty
Paranoid Det - Qixus > Investigate SonOfDaws >> Guilty

Sane Doctor - SonOfDaws > Save TSPanda >> Success
Bodyguard - GrySun > Protect TSPanda >> Success


Priority 3

Mafia Pirate - Arjuna > Steal from GrySun >> Success

Recruiting Mason - gnut > Recruit TSPanda >> gnut dies

Mafia Janitor - Lambu > Kill SonOfDaws > SonOfDaws dies


Extra:

TSPanda passes the Non-Voter Disease to Erinyes

Priority 1

Prostitute - MonkeyD-Dragon > Block Lambu >> Coin flip won >>> Success
Mafia Escort - goodboy_lawlett > Block MonkeyD-Dragon >> Fails


Priority 2

Sane Det - Erinyes > Investigate TSPanda >> Innocent
Insane Det - Purity of Magi > Investigate Arjuna >> Innocent
Naive Det - Qixus > Investigate Arjuna >> Innocent

Bodyguard - Arjuna > Protect Purity of Magi >> Success


Priority 3

Mafia Janitor - Lambu > Kill Monkey D-Dragon >> Blocked


Extra:

Erinyes passes the Non-Voter Disease to Lambu

Priority 1

Prostitute - MonkeyD-Dragon > Block Lambu >> Success


Priority 2

Sane Det - Erinyes > Investigate MonkeyD-Dragon >> Innocent
Insane Det - Purity of Magi > Investigate Lambu >> Innocent
Naive Det - Qixus > Investigate Farfalla >> Innocent


Priority 3

Mafia Escort - goodboy_lawlett > Kill Farfalla >> Farfalla dies


Extra:

Lambu passes the Non-Voter Disease to TSPanda

Traitor - Holt > Duel Purity of Magi >> Coin flip won >>> Purity of Magi dies

Priority 1

Prostitute - MonkeyD-Dragon > Block Holt >> Success
Mafia Escort - goodboy_lawlett > Block Holt >> Recruited


Priority 2

Sane Det - Erinyes > Investigate desin24 >> Innocent

Santa Claus (temporary) - desin24 > Protect MonkeyD-Dragon >> Success


Priority 3

Mafia Boss - TSPanda >> GrySun >>> GrySun dies


Extra:

MonkeyD-Dragon protects himself with his Bulletproof Protection

TSPanda passes the Non-Voter Disease to Zasz

Player Roles

1. @goodboy_lawlett - Tsukiyama Mafia Escort
2. @Purity of Magi - Kanou Insane Detective
3. @SonOfDaws - Arima Sane Doctor
4. @Mazino - Yamori Restless Spirit
5. @Organizized - Owl Insane Doctor
6. @Brandish - Kaneki Mafia Gambler
7. @Kato756 - Ayato Bar Keeper
8. @Farfalla - Eto Politician > Mason >> Miller >>> Martyr
9. @Demonspeed - Touka Death Miller
10. @desin24 - Hinami Witch
11. @Lambu - Amon Mafia Janitor
12. @MonkeyD-Dragon - Nishiki Prostitute
13. @gnut - Furuta Recruiting Mason
14. @Zasz - Rize Bomb
15. @Holt - Yomo Traitor > Mafia Member
16. @TSPanda - Mutsuki Mafia Boss
17. @Erinyes - Akira Sane Detective
18. @Qixus - Saiko Paranoid Detective > Naive Detective
19. @Arjuna - Tatara Mafia Pirate > Bodyguard
20. @GrySun - Shirazu Bodyguard > Regular Townie >> Martyr

​

​
Tarot Card Triggers
1. Sane Detective
The Tower​

- 3+ dead players have their role hidden by the Janitor: gets a single use of the Investigator's ability.
- 3+ townies are lynched: won't be able to vote on the next day.

2. Insane Detective
The Sun​

- A player he investigates is killed on the same night: immediately gets to know the actions that were used on that player like a Mortician.
- 3+ townies are lynched: needs to win a coin flip every time he tries to investigate someone or his target will be randomized.

3. Paranoid Detective
The Wheel of Fortune​

- The Sane Detective and the Insane Detective are both dead: turns into a Sane Detective, with a retroactive effect on his previous investigations.
- A player he investigates is killed on the same night: unknowingly turns into a Naive Detective.

4. Sane Doctor
The Moon​

- Successfully saves a townie from death: his protection won't work on mafia members anymore.
- Successfully saves a mafia member from death: won't be able to save anyone else until that same mafia member is dead.

5. Insane Doctor
The Chariot​

- Kills a townie: 50% fail chance to protect or kill someone at night (turns into "Unskilled" Insane Doc).
- Kills a mafia: loses the ability to protect and can only kill at night (turns into a "Townie" Serial Killer).

6. Bodyguard
The Stars​

- 3+ townie targets: he will be confirmed as a townie on the second next Day Phase (like an Innocent Child).
- 2+ mafia targets: unknowingly turns into a Hider.

7. Prostitute
Justice​

- 1+ mafia action blocked: gets a temporary Bulletproof protection to use on herself for one night.
- 3+ townie townie actions blocked: she gets automatically redirected to a random target whenever she tries to block a player.

8. Barkeeper
The Magician​

- Every time a drunk mafia reveals his role: also reveals the activation conditions and effects of that player's Tarot abilities.
- Every time a drunk townie's ability which would have produced a meaningful result gets blocked or redirected to a useless or harmful target: he won't be able to use his ability on the next night.

9. Politician
The Emperor​

- 3+ force someone to vote for a mafia member: becomes a Prosecutor.
- 3+ force someone to vote for a townie: 50% fail chance to corrupt a vote (like a Mafia Gambler).

10. Bomb
The Lovers​

- Still alive at the start of Day 5: will blow up the next mafia who targets him with any night action (that isn't a defusing).
- 2+ successfully targeted with a night action before the end of Night 4: will blow up the next mafia or townie who targets him with any night action (that isn't a defusing).

11. Witch
The Empress​

- Still alive at the start of Day 5: she will obtain a temporary Santa Claus present she can only give on the next night, containing a single-use Bulletproof protection for the same night (could have just said she gets a single-use Sane Doctor's ability...).
- Less than 50% of the votes that lead to the Witch getting lynched come from mafia members: her ability will take place one night earlier if her target is a townie or one night later if her victim is a mafia member.

12. Restless Spirit
The Devil​

- Killed by a townie or lynched: his ability will count for two votes instead of one.
- Dies and votes for a mafia member who gets lynched on the same day: he will come back to life as a Regular Townie at the start of the next Day Phase.

13. Recruiting Mason
Death​

- 3+ Regular Masons alive at the same time: becomes a Kamikaze Bomb with the timer set to zero.
- 1+ Mason dies: 50% fail chance to recruit another player (turns into "Unskilled" Recruiting Mason).

14. Death Miller
The Hanged Man​

- Investigated by a Detective: 50% chance to kill anyone who targets him with any night action until he kills someone (like an "Unskilled" Paranoid Gun Owner).
- Kill a townie with the unlocked ability: won't be able to vote on the next day.

15. Traitor
The Hierophant​

- Not recruited by the start of Day 4: can duel a player like a Badass Cowboy once with a 50% chance to kill or be killed. The duel is secret and only the dead duelist is revealed. Loses the chance to use the ability is he gets recruited.
- Recruited 3 or less other mafia members alive: gets a single use of the role of one of the dead mafia members. If he chooses the Pirate, he can only choose the role he died with (so either Pirate if he hadn't stolen anything, or the role the Pirate had stolen).


16. Mafia Boss
Temperance​

- Investigated by a Detective: can infect someone with a Non-Voter Disease which will be passed around for the rest of the game, but can only do it on the following night.
- Survived a Day phase with 4+ non-penalty votes on him: the only targets available to be mafia-killed for the following night will be those who voted for him.

17. Mafia Escort
Judgement​

- 3+ townie actions blocked: all her next blocks will also reveal the target of the player she blocks (like a Spy).
- 2+ blocks on townies who didn't use any action: 50% fail chance to block someone again turns into "Unskilled" Mafia Escort).

18. Mafia Janitor
The Hermit​

- 3+ townies killed by the Janitor: gets a single use of a Strongman's ability.
- Gets lynched: also reveals all the targets of his teammates' actions, but neither the actions themselves nor the night or day phase when they were performed.

19. Mafia Gambler
The High Priestess​

- 3+ successful gambles: automatically win the coin flip to use his ability (like a Politician).
- Every time a mafia member is lynched: won't be able to gamble on the next day.

20. Mafia Pirate
Strength​

- Steal a passive role: gets a single use of a Bomb Defuser's ability.
- Remains as the last member of his mafia: gets a single use of an Assassin's ability.


21. Regular Townie
The World​

- 1+ mafia gets lynched after the player became a Regular Townie: gains the role of Martyr.
- 2+ townies get lynched after the player became a Regular Townie: unknowingly becomes a Miller.


0. Regular Mason
The Fool​

- 2+ mafia members get lynched after the player became a Regular Mason: becomes a Martyr.
- Loses an active role by being recruited: unknowingly becomes a Miller.



Thanks to Vandred for Cohosting and contributing largely to the soon to be infamous Tarot Card System.
Thanks to Farfalla for designing our Avatars.
Thanks to everybody for playing the game and making things interesting

MVP: Panda who came up with literal code talk. BAMF.

​
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
The rules say:
"you don't actually know the conditions for gaining these Effects, even after you have received them"
"the Scum have their own ways of finding this information and learn what they received from a Card Effect and why, but only after having unlocked it"


Here comes my spicy logic again, but it seems that they are able to learn about the effects they got after it happens. They learn about their own effects, not about the other ones. They also don't know how to unlock it since they also only learn the "why" after it happens.
That means that the mafia will have true information about it, and will have to lie about those as well, for selfprotection and 'cause the townies won't know about theirs (we might end up knowing but I guess it's due to gathering pieces and correctly assuming stuff, unlike them).

That being said, I don't see it as risky. They can't have access to ours. I doesn't seem to be easy even for us to even guess what our cards means or provide.
 

SonOfDaws

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
897
Reaction score
4,978
Gender
Male
Country
Tartaros
I will think about it closely.

I will not rush to vote just now as we have at least 18 hrs left.

I have in mind whom I can vote but not just not know .
Ah... I remember.. I was just like you once. Doing things logically, being patient, making good decisions...

Oh to be young.


This Tarot system looks like it could be pretty interesting. My tarot card is upright.

I'm assuming the effect(s) of each tarot is based on it's description, but I haven't looked into mine much yet. For now, I'm going to be treating it the same way I treat my role.
 

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
Ah... I remember.. I was just like you once. Doing things logically, being patient, making good decisions...

Oh to be young.


This Tarot system looks like it could be pretty interesting. My tarot card is upright.

I'm assuming the effect(s) of each tarot is based on it's description, but I haven't looked into mine much yet. For now, I'm going to be treating it the same way I treat my role.
are u mafia detective? ^>^
 

MonkeyD-Dragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2016
Messages
551
Reaction score
2,328
Age
27
Country
Imperium of Mankind
With the explanation Farf gave, it does seem to be a bit less risky, but I still feel something is fishy.
Because experience is the best teacher, I'll see what the effects are gonna do at the end of this phase, then after that I'll see which one is better, sharing or keeping.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
There's no experience in this matter xD This is a new system, we have no prior knowledge about it.
Idk, just sharing my own thoughts on a course to take. Currently we can't be certain of things so it's up to what each one thinks.
 

MonkeyD-Dragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2016
Messages
551
Reaction score
2,328
Age
27
Country
Imperium of Mankind
xD, I meant to see if the effects are gonna be risky to keep the card a secret or not, if it isn't risky, I'll share it on Day 2.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
We can't know when the effects will be unlocked, though, we don't know the conditions ("how").
But hey, would you feel better about it on D2 'cause that's after you contacted your group? '-' Cause I don't get your deadline @.@
 

MonkeyD-Dragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2016
Messages
551
Reaction score
2,328
Age
27
Country
Imperium of Mankind
We can't know when the effects will be unlocked, though, we don't know the conditions ("how").
But hey, would you feel better about it on D2 'cause that's after you contacted your group? '-' Cause I don't get your deadline @.@
My deadline is based on this
With a few exceptions, you will be informed of a Tarot Effect's activation at the end of Day Phases, but not necessarily about what the effect is. You may also be given a clue as to what the effect is.

I will probably be told about the activation of the card, I might be given what the effect is, and if not, at least a clue about it `-`
 

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Welp, here I am back among the living. Freaking Oktoberfest man.

So, guess my card makes people sleep at gunpoint (hint: Persona 5). I will tell my card if people ask more, just wanted to make a fun reference for anyone that gets it (and if you get it, you can say my card).

Man, Persona 5 is awesome.

Back to the game.

I kinda feel obligated to vote for Demonspeed then change my vote Lore Wise XD: Ayato is the antagonist brother of Demon´s avatar, except he truly isn´t (I guess this aint spoilers because its from the early first series? If it is, just tell me and I edit it).

As always, not much has happened day 1.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I will probably be told about the activation of the card, I might be given what the effect is, and if not, at least a clue about it `-`
But you can't be sure you'll be able to unlock it on D1 or on N1 (to be able to inform about it on D2), even if the hosts will inform you when you do it.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
My deadline is based on this

I will probably be told about the activation of the card, I might be given what the effect is, and if not, at least a clue about it `-`
I was just about to say this...i knew i read you get notified if an effect took place.
Might hint at the fact you vote a mafia,lynched a mafia,etc during that day phase.
 

MonkeyD-Dragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2016
Messages
551
Reaction score
2,328
Age
27
Country
Imperium of Mankind
But you can't be sure you'll be able to unlock it on D1 or on N1, even if the hosts will inform you when you do.
Yeah, but its worth a shot to see if I do unlock it or not. Its my best shot in this situation with the cards about sharing it or not
I was just about to say this...i knew i read you get notified if an effect took place.
Might hint at the fact you vote a mafia,lynched a mafia,etc during that day phase.
This, if the power is somehow really handy, you wouldn't even want the mafia to know the name of the card you have.
 

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yeah, but its worth a shot to see if I do unlock it or not. Its my best shot in this situation with the cards about sharing it or not

This, if the power is somehow really handy, you wouldn't even want the mafia to know the name of the card you have.
I´d say at least one or two people should say their effects (if they don´t think this will compromise them) when they get it ( I plan to do that), since it is the only way for us to know what relation our cards have to the powers that we get.

Sure, it could be a double edge sword because the mafia will also know, but the earlier we understand these cards the earlier we can use them against the mafia
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Idk the way you're wording things just make me think you know more about it than us xD

I said mine is The Emperor. Let's say I get informed at the end of this Day that I unlocked its effect. First: I don't have to share that information with anyone. Second: what kind of effect could you imagine I'd get from the name of the card alone? Third: what do you use as a criteria to stretch it to other cards?

But yeah I'm starting to think it might be so hard to guess them that I'm also not seeing the relevance of sharing those anymore...
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Idk the way you're wording things just make me think you know more about it than us xD

I said mine is The Emperor. Let's say I get informed at the end of this Day that I unlocked its effect. First: I don't have to share that information with anyone. Second: what kind of effect could you imagine I'd get from the name of the card alone? Third: what do you use as a criteria to stretch it to other cards?

But yeah I'm starting to think it might be so hard to guess them that I'm also not seeing the relevance of sharing those anymore...
What if your "Emperor" symbolizes some kind of noble or politician effect?
Idk...just asking,because it is possible right?
 

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Idk the way you're wording things just make me think you know more about it than us xD

I said mine is The Emperor. Let's say I get informed at the end of this Day that I unlocked its effect. First: I don't have to share that information with anyone. Second: what kind of effect could you imagine I'd get from the name of the card alone? Third: what do you use as a criteria to stretch it to other cards?

But yeah I'm starting to think it might be so hard to guess them that I'm also not seeing the relevance of sharing those anymore...
Aside from the random hypothesis, which considering this is TG I don´t think is the case, my main bet is that if our playstyle incorporates the positive aspects of the Card we got, we will have positive karma, and the same for the negative aspects.

From the site that was sent before, here are some things I took from your card @Farfalla

"He is able to create order out of chaos by carefully categorising his thoughts and mapping out what needs to be done to solve the problem....Domination of the mind over the heart is sometimes unwanted or best avoided but with the Emperor, it is necessary and even welcomed. If you are facing difficult choices, you must maintain your concentration and focus. Enjoy the assertiveness and confidence that this self-control and focus brings....The Emperor is a powerful leader who demands authority and dominance."

And for the reverse

"Reversed, the Emperor can suggest that there is an over-use and abuse of authoritative power surrounding you at this time...You may feel powerless when the Emperor reversed appears in a reading...Sometimes, the reversed Emperor asks you to stand up to authority and to know that you do not always have to go about matters in the most traditional way"

So from this, we could say that you have to use your authority, preventing things from escalating into simple bandwagons of little to no argumentation.
At least that is what I´d guess.


OOOR

It could be related to gaining acess to a new role like the promotion seals in FE mafia and the Stands in Jojo´s. Which I would then argue that the cards are probaly related to the roles we could get, since, again, this is TG.

EDIT: This could also mean that probally the mafia would get bonuses from doing the reversed effects, since some of these involve manipulation, lying, etc.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top