Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Shoodan flopping caused me a trauma, I'll probably won't read any new manga for awhile unless it have good 3 first rankings

I only skimmed Tomatoy and Full Drive Japanese raw and won't properly read them until I know they will survive

although I've to say even if Tomatoy survive, the toilet humor and Japanese pop culture references are huge turn off, so I might just skip it all together
 

Sir Isley

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2012
Messages
189
Reaction score
130
Gender
Male
Country
United States
No, the worst arc is the one in the witch forest. Even if you exclude the light novel characters disaster it's still one of the worst battle shonen arcs ever written.
Asta's dead arms get healed in a matter of seconds, 3 maniacs who tried to kill Asta and his friends become part of his friends circle and are not just forgiven but they also get special healing blood magic as a present, Vanessa's magic spirit can manipulate fate and reality, Asta gets the demon powers inside his grimoire under control by screaming "NOT GIVING UP IS MY MAGIC" and lastly the Witch Queen who was presented as some kind of super magician gives up her plan to mind control Asta without a fight.
Y'all would've b*tched and moaned regardless of whether it was different or not so I see no issue other than the light novel guys.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Shoodan flopping caused me a trauma, I'll probably won't read any new manga for awhile unless it have good 3 first rankings

I only skimmed Tomatoy and Full Drive Japanese raw and won't properly read them until I know they will survive

although I've to say even if Tomatoy survive, the toilet humor and Japanese pop culture references are huge turn off, so I might just skip it all together
Tomatoy is garbage and has no redeeming qualities, avoid at all costs.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
although I've to say even if Tomatoy survive, the toilet humor and Japanese pop culture references are huge turn off, so I might just skip it all together
super biased but i'd rather Jump put Spring Weapon N1 at Isobe spot than Tomatoy. I know you dislike SW N1:smile-big

Shudan flopped was kinda sad but it was really risky to do another sports manga atm.
 

Ninjaz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2017
Messages
216
Reaction score
172
Country
Joker
I think Golem Hearts will do well. Even though I wasn't the biggest fan of the Oneshot.
I can see it being received well.
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I think that Tomatoypoo is already guaranteed to survive since it's occupying the space of Isobe. The rest we still need to see tho
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
Issue #48 Cover:

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
BnHA Volume 16 Cover:

 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I approve of this cover.
 

Ninjaz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2017
Messages
216
Reaction score
172
Country
Joker
Great MHA cover, much better than the previous one (didn't like the previous' art style much. Deku looked like bad CGI.)

The magazine cover for Golem Hearts looks amazing though. I really like the art style!
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Hinomaru Zumou #17


Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs #8


Boruto: Next Generations #4


Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma #27
 

Ninjaz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2017
Messages
216
Reaction score
172
Country
Joker
Another bunch of a great covers, still not much of a fan of Ikemoto's cover artwork though, but it doesn't look awful.
Is anyone here reading Hinomaru Zumou, is it any good as of the moment? I'm like 40 chapters behind, because I stopped due to a lack of interest.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
MHA best cover, Yuragi worst one
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
oh man, I totally called Kirishima getting the volume cover on a different site, you believe me guys, right?

Boruto looks like he was hit by a truck
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Golem Hearts cover reminds me of an old One Piece cover

And this is the best MHA cover in a while. I love it. Hope Horikoshi keeps it up
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Issue #48 Cover:

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
BnHA Volume 16 Cover:

Great start to my day.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
It's like Ikemoto is trying really hard to imitate Kishimoto's dynamic art style. What did this guy do before Boruto?

Golem Hearts cover for some reason is giving me bad vibes and the while I was looking at it I though "this is getting the axe"
Help
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Yeah vol 15 is amazing. I wanted something showing off him and Ushio duking it out.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
It kinda looks like v.18 will have Hinomaru on it facing the other way so the "fight scene" will stretch across two covers. Just a guess, but that's how v.17 looks set up.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top