Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

De La Croissant

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
804
Reaction score
668
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Golem Hearts 1: Meh...diocre. The one shot was more spontaneous, now it seems they wanted to put the idea into that old established formula. I still have hopes because it is an adventure and the worldbuilding can be cool when new elements and characters come up, but the first chapter lacks personality.
 
Last edited:

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I just read Goleam Hearts 01 and it's very, very... Ok. I was expecting more "magic", a cool fight and some nice double pages, but I didn't see these things. I loved the world, it looks very expansable, but... That's it, that was the good point for me.

The main character it's really simple and kinda boring, he doesn't have self personality. And the girl's kidnap... Come on, BC's level of cliché. It was ridiculously obvious that Noah and his grandfather would save the girl and the people would love them for that.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
One piece was hilarious this week but I can see it triggering some folks
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Where are you guys reading Golem Hearts? Or, are you referring to the raw?
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Where are you guys reading Golem Hearts? Or, are you referring to the raw?
It's out in Brazilian Portuguese, that's why some of us have read.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Stone isn't a battle manga, if I had to describe it, it's like if someone made a manga about the farming part in rpgs
That's good to hear. Not really a fan of battle manga, so I think I'll check out the first few chapters.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
eh, how do you know they're low quality if you just said you don't read them?

also, Stone isn't a battle manga, if I had to describe it, it's like if someone made a manga about the farming part in rpgs
I read World Trigger until chapter 110. You know I read 10 chapters or so of Dr. Stone before dropping.
Black Clover I don't need to read to see that it is bad quality. I don't think an entire community can get it wrong and yes, I'm talking about you guys.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,106
Reaction score
5,852
Age
33
Country
United States
I read World Trigger until chapter 110. You know I read 10 chapters or so of Dr. Stone before dropping.
Black Clover I don't need to read to see that it is bad quality. I don't think an entire community can get it wrong and yes, I'm talking about you guys.
But this entire community is wrong about Yuragi?
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
But this entire community is wrong about Yuragi?
Boobs flying around hinder the judgement. XD
It is just personal preference, I know that heavy ecchi will make me dislike Yuragi, so it is another one that it is evident I will not like.
 

Ninjaz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2017
Messages
216
Reaction score
172
Country
Joker
A lot of brilliant chapters in this issue. One Piece had an excellent chapter this week too. I'm interested in seeing where RoboX is heading from here on.
I think I'm gonna wait for the translations of Golem Hearts ch1 at this point. I hate attempting to read raws of long chapters, the chapters usually release by the time I'm halfway through coherently reading the chapter anyways, lol.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Yeah, just finished reading the RxL chapter. Seems like they're pushing the least interesting club members to the side in favor of the more interesting members. Interested to see how this turns out.
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Great chapter of RxL, but i want more Suzaku ;-;
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
With We Never Learn getting the cover next week, do you think Dr.Stone and RxL will have the covers for the following weeks
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
With We Never Learn getting the cover next week, do you think Dr.Stone and RxL will have the covers for the following weeks
It will probaly be One Piece or Boku no Hero who will get the cover in 2 weeks, Jump love to give One Piece covers.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,073
Reaction score
6,931
Gender
Male
Country
United States
With We Never Learn getting the cover next week, do you think Dr.Stone and RxL will have the covers for the following weeks
BLack Clover hasnt had a cover in awhile, so one of them will be it. RxL is on its last legs, I cant see it getting another cover.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
BLack Clover hasnt had a cover in awhile, so one of them will be it. RxL is on its last legs, I cant see it getting another cover.
Black Clover got one right before the new series started, to celebrate the anime. I can't see it getting another this year
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I doesn't look like RobotxLasebeam will be ending soon after that chapter, there's so much to introduce and show yet.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,073
Reaction score
6,931
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Black Clover got one right before the new series started, to celebrate the anime. I can't see it getting another this year
Believe it, it will.
 

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
With We Never Learn getting the cover next week, do you think Dr.Stone and RxL will have the covers for the following weeks
I think Dr. Stone and RxL will only receive covers after issue 1.
There are several manga that do not receive covers for a long time.
Shokugeki (who can win the birthday cover), Gintama, BNHA, Haikyuu and of course One Piece.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I doesn't look like RobotxLasebeam will be ending soon after that chapter, there's so much to introduce and show yet.
I saw a comment from a LiveJournal user saying that the English editor of RxL has confirmed that the series will not end soon.
I can not tell if it's true, but I hope it's real and that RxL does not end.
 

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
The Saiki Kusuo movie made $1,704,686 its opening weekend.
For comparison, Jojo only made 1.5 million, Kuroko's Basketball made 1.7 million and Gintama opened at $6 million.

With We Never Learn getting the cover next week, do you think Dr.Stone and RxL will have the covers for the following weeks
Nah. WNL was left out when the others were pushed a while back.

3 covers left in the year. One Piece is probably getting the No 1 issue again.
I'l guess: MHA poll results, Kimetsu's full reprint, and Yuragi anime annonuncement.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top