Final Match One Piece vs. Fullmetal Alchemist

Who wins?

  • One Piece

  • Fullmetal Alchemist


The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goral

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2007
Messages
1,665
Reaction score
1,994
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
One Piece is a manga where you could take a random volume and it would be the same shit, it's baffling that people are still reading this. Looks to me that One Piece fans are 90 year old people who can't remember what they ate for breakfast, characters here have endless power-ups, say "nakama" all the time and cry in every chapter (see the above picture for proof) and the plot doesn't move forward at all. Dialogues are written for 5-year olds and in general it's one of the most stupid manga I know.
 

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
One Piece
Art: 3/15
Story: 13.5/15
Characters: 8/10
Fights/Conflicts: 3.5/5
Enjoyability: 3.75/5

FMA
Art:13/15
Story: 14.5/15
Characters: 9/.5/10
Fights/Conflicts: 4.5/5
Enjoyability:5/5

Went with the logical choice
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
One Piece is a manga where you could take a random volume and it would be the same shit, it's baffling that people are still reading this. Looks to me that One Piece fans are 90 year old people who can't remember what they ate for breakfast, characters here have endless power-ups, say "nakama" all the time and cry in every chapter (see the above picture for proof) and the plot doesn't move forward at all. Dialogues are written for 5-year olds and in general it's one of the most stupid manga I know.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,700
Reaction score
61,406
Gender
Male
Country
France
One Piece is a manga where you could take a random volume and it would be the same shit, it's baffling that people are still reading this. Looks to me that One Piece fans are 90 year old people who can't remember what they ate for breakfast, characters here have endless power-ups, say "nakama" all the time and cry in every chapter (see the above picture for proof) and the plot doesn't move forward at all. Dialogues are written for 5-year olds and in general it's one of the most stupid manga I know.
You don't like Katakuri? :pout
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,182
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
One Piece is a manga where you could take a random volume and it would be the same shit, it's baffling that people are still reading this. Looks to me that One Piece fans are 90 year old people who can't remember what they ate for breakfast, characters here have endless power-ups, say "nakama" all the time and cry in every chapter (see the above picture for proof) and the plot doesn't move forward at all. Dialogues are written for 5-year olds and in general it's one of the most stupid manga I know.

Ok I love equally both of them and voted FMA bc i did push a lot for its nomination, but too bad i voted too early, would have read this com beforehands would definitely have voted One piece.

Sincerely,
Your 90 year stupid fan who can't remember what she ate for breakfast and who loves so bad this stupid manga :s

 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden

Ok I love equally both of them and voted FMA bc i did push a lot for its nomination, but too bad i voted too early, would have read this com beforehands would definitely have voted One piece.

Sincerely,
Your 90 year stupid fan who can't remember what she ate for breakfast and who loves so bad this stupid manga :s
Thought I could count on you not to vote early.
Thought I could count on you to vote against the manga which crushed your precious HxH, and for the manga which crushed OPM which crushed your precious Neverland.

Really, you think you know a person. :pout
 

Shobu_Yoruichi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
731
Reaction score
4,330
Gender
Hidden
Country
Chile
The God of Manga, Osamu Tezuka, said:

"For all those who seek to be Manga-ka, please keep this in your minds, draw manga to inspire dreams in our childrens"

Oda tries that, while Arakawa wanted to do just a literary work, which came to be really good and leaves a better feeling in their readers than One Piece.

I'll go for the ambitious one, fits more my preferences.
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,182
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Thought I could count on you not to vote early.
Thought I could count on you to vote against the manga which crushed your precious HxH, and for the manga which crushed OPM which crushed your precious Neverland.

Really, you think you know a person. :pout



Oh yare yare :arf you voted against TPN (vs opm), against HxH (vs (Fma) and likely against HxH (vs Gintama) you broke my little heart ♥ 3 times as you supposedly are an hxh and tpn lover :emocat i supported you in every other matchs though, I just couldn't decide so voted for the nomination i asked for, you would have asked me before, i definitely would have supported op.
 

Zirconium

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2017
Messages
86
Reaction score
934
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
20 years of One...
​
We go back to the year 1997. To a warm summer day in July that was too beautiful to be true. The smiling sun that made every lifeless object with its rays alive. The sky that was dipped in a shade of vibrant azure. The light salty scent of the sea that filled the clear air. The seagulls that were wildly wheeling above the water and laid in ambush for something to eat to satisfy their hunger. The roaring waves rushing against the coast making a relaxing sound.
Those were the perfect conditions to start the day, to set sail for a marvelous adventure. That was the moment when a young daredevil with black hair and his strawhat decided to begin his voyage to the wide world to fulfill his dream of becoming the next pirate king. The name of this fearsome man was Monkey D. Luffy.

Who would have thought that this insane and clumsy fellow would enthral so many people throughout the world with his adventures? It’s astounding how fast the time fleets. How old were you when the first chapter of One Piece was published on 19th July 1997 in the magazine the Weekly Shōnen Jump? A few of you were at school. Some of you were at day care. And others were probably not even born yet.
To one of my biggest shames, I honestly can’t remember anymore how it all started for me. All I still know is that I started to watch the anime of it a few years after the publication of the manga. That’s all. Not a single memory about the first episode anymore that I’ve watched. Nothing. Well, and that kids, was my pathetic version of HIMOP - the lacklustre story of How I Met One Piece (commercialised as a camouflaged advertising). Warning: Awful singing incoming!
♪♫*plays intro* ba ba ba ba, ba ba ba ba, ba ba, da da da da, da da da da da... ♪♫


…Piece​

Now I know what most of you might think. One Piece is just an overrated Mainstream-Crap! The drawing style is weird! Many characters aren’t fleshed out enough! The overall story is full of ups and downs! Yes, it is. And yes, it does. I agree and I don’t deny that. For a manga, the story, characters and artwork are and will forever be necessary main factors. But does it always have to be about these above-mentioned points? Yes and No.
Please let me answer the question with questions. What about the emotions or the messages that a manga tries to convey? What about the topics (e.g. racism, slavery, loyalty, justice, corruption etc.) that an author is trying to deal with? Don’t these aspects count at all? I only speak for myself now but I can also enjoy mangas that don‘t put emphasis on the story alone, but on other points instead. I know, I‘m naïve for being simple minded like that but as long as the emotions or the room for discussions/theories etc. are there, the story or characters don’t neccessarily have to be the primary aspects for me.
Now, please don‘t get me wrong. This doesn‘t mean that I want to belittle the quality of FMA. I‘ve only watched the anime Brotherhood so far that is more based on the manga, but from what I‘ve seen, it deserves to win from my objective opinion. It is the better manga in almost every regard. To be honest, I would even be surprised to see when OP wins. It has no chances against FMA; One Piece is indeed shit but it’s good shit and this doesn‘t stop me from giving my best for it! :3

Yes, its story is usually dragging which you can see on the ridiculous amount of chapters. But did it exceed its best-before date? I don’t think so. I think that you‘ll be awarded for your patience sooner or later since certain subjects are running like a golden thread throughout the story and they are sometimes handled with utmost foresight by Oda. Therefore I’d like to show you in my next posts (if I find the time for it) that One Piece is more than just a vast world building or its love for details.
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
FMA just has better writing and I was waaay more engaged and had way more fun with it than OP...I really like both, but FMA is just the obvious choice here
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,387
Reaction score
12,175
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So...should I read Fullmetal Alchemist or no?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom




The current arc has been a bit dragged out, true, but I’d argue that this week’s chapter was good enough to make up for most of it. 100% reestablished my whole-hearted love for One Piece. Anyone who hasn’t read it yet should just do it (I’ve read it like twelve times).

One Piece is generally about the quirky, wacky, fun characters and adventurous locations, but like I’ve said in my previous posts there’s also a more complex political side to the world building, there’s the theme of Justice and what it really means as well at how to determine what’s “good” and what’s “evil”.
Moral dilemmas aren’t as intense as in FMA, true, but there is plenty of drama, and I mean real drama.
Like the Luffy vs. Usopp conflict, peaking with their fight (one of the best manga fights ever simply due to pure intensity and emotion) and ending with Usopp leading Luffy to victory at Enies Lobby (but still not being forgiven), which I referred to in this post.


I don’t have time to mention all the moments that had me in shivers, tears or with my jaw on the floor. But let’s just say: Saitama is great and all, but Luffy will always be the One Hit K.O’er that counts, because in One Piece these moments have true tension and emotion behind them.


(Without the build-up these moments don’t have quite the same effect, but if you’ve read them, you’ll know what I’m talking about.)

And it had me crying over a damn boat.


Wish I had time to talk more at length about the diversity of emotion in One Piece. But I’m sure I’ve jogged some memories at least. Maybe someone with time on their hands will come and lend me some assistance.
Don‘t remind me of that Usopp/Luffy fight :biblethump
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
The butthurt is as expected, fans denying reality, trying to justify wasted hours (years) on this shitty manga :D. Carry on.



Claymore was garbage btw
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I'm not even that big of an OP fan and probably leaning towards voting FMA, but that was just too funny.
 

Lady pompom

EVA pilot
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2013
Messages
1,926
Reaction score
11,210
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil




The current arc has been a bit dragged out, true, but I’d argue that this week’s chapter was good enough to make up for most of it. 100% reestablished my whole-hearted love for One Piece. Anyone who hasn’t read it yet should just do it (I’ve read it like twelve times).

One Piece is generally about the quirky, wacky, fun characters and adventurous locations, but like I’ve said in my previous posts there’s also a more complex political side to the world building, there’s the theme of Justice and what it really means as well at how to determine what’s “good” and what’s “evil”.
Moral dilemmas aren’t as intense as in FMA, true, but there is plenty of drama, and I mean real drama.
Like the Luffy vs. Usopp conflict, peaking with their fight (one of the best manga fights ever simply due to pure intensity and emotion) and ending with Usopp leading Luffy to victory at Enies Lobby (but still not being forgiven), which I referred to in this post.


I don’t have time to mention all the moments that had me in shivers, tears or with my jaw on the floor. But let’s just say: Saitama is great and all, but Luffy will always be the One Hit K.O’er that counts, because in One Piece these moments have true tension and emotion behind them.


(Without the build-up these moments don’t have quite the same effect, but if you’ve read them, you’ll know what I’m talking about.)

And it had me crying over a damn boat.


Wish I had time to talk more at length about the diversity of emotion in One Piece. But I’m sure I’ve jogged some memories at least. Maybe someone with time on their hands will come and lend me some assistance.
One Piece is the only manga that will ever make you cry for a ship. I'll help to add the emotional moments, I think those were pretty famous too:

Bon Clay, a former enemy helping Luffy at Impel Down saga (not so famous, but he helped twice, if you read One piece, you know the hell they had been through in Impel Down):


:emocat I cried twice over the same scene.

And one of the most recent emotional moments is this whole story:

:m3j
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top