Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Old oneshot by Shiro USAZAKI & Tatsuya MATSUKI
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Wait. So which are the new series and which are the one shots. I saw you guys bundling them together
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Wait I thought the vocal minority said Bleach and its ending was trash and Kubo should never write another story again? People hyped he coming back w/ a one shot now? What am I missing or are you guys fake news?
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Three new serializations most likely mean three cancellations. Cross Account is obvious. Shudan is sadly too. The third one will probably be between Spring Weapon No.01 and Gintama.
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
Oneshot Creators:
- Tite Kubo
- Naoshi Komi
- Kyousuke Usuta
- Hiroshi Shiibashi
- Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro
- Ryuhei Tamura
- Nisio Isin
- Mizuki Kawashita
and more
but Kubo, you said you ain't working for the next 15 years XD
 

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
#02-03
My Hero Academia (Page couleur et résultat du concours de popularité des personnages)
Robot x Laserbeam et The Promised Neverland (Page couleur)
Part Three - Mizuki Kawashita x Nishio Ishin (Oneshot, page couleur)
It's good to see that RxL will get another color page.
FINALLY.
My Hero Academia will receive the cover.
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
Wait I thought the vocal minority said Bleach and its ending was trash and Kubo should never write another story again? People hyped he coming back w/ a one shot now? What am I missing or are you guys fake news?
They just tsundare on Kubo
 

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Wow, a new one shot made by Kubo? thats great.

I'm not happy with RxL so low, but at least its not in the last place and will get color page next week.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Wait I thought the vocal minority said Bleach and its ending was trash and Kubo should never write another story again? People hyped he coming back w/ a one shot now? What am I missing or are you guys fake news?
I could've forgetting some ppl, but I never particularly known anyone here to straight up hate Kubo. It's just mutually agreed upon that Bleach was a mess in the end
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Three new serializations most likely mean three cancellations. Cross Account is obvious. Shudan is sadly too. The third one will probably be between Spring Weapon No.01 and Gintama.
theres 3? I only see 2
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Three new serializations most likely mean three cancellations. Cross Account is obvious. Shudan is sadly too. The third one will probably be between Spring Weapon No.01 and Gintama.
I'm going to say Gintama solely because Spring Weapon has a way of surprising us all. It must have some niche popularity with some demographic WSJ wants to appeal to, maybe younger boys. I could be wrong since I have no idea how close Gintama's final arc is to seeming like coming to a natural conclusion, but that's my guess.

I'm wondering how many more chapters they'll give Cross Account. Based on the most recent chapter, I could see everything being wrapped up in 2 chapters, 3 tops if they want to squeeze in some last-minute drama.
 

Luca11

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2017
Messages
100
Reaction score
51
Age
33
Country
Wake Island
Same place where the next chapters of Real and Vagabond are.

A better place than this.
They are indeed too good for this world.

I'm a bit sad that Shudan is going. But isn't Gintama ending anyway? Its final arc has gone on long enough, and everything is coming together anyway.
 

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
Wait I thought the vocal minority said Bleach and its ending was trash and Kubo should never write another story again? People hyped he coming back w/ a one shot now? What am I missing or are you guys fake news?
I'm a big Kubo fan.
For me the end of Bleach was bad, but that did not make me stop liking the guy.
Even being a oneshot, it's something that excites me.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I see, so did people really hate the ending or was it was fake outrage and shippers mainly? Or are you guys just hyped for his art? I finished fullbringer arc in the anime like a month ago before taking a break so I’m not even at the war arc yet.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I didn't like the new series authors oneshots, so I'm not that excited about the new series

looking forward to the returning veterans oneshots

but didn't Kubo say he isn't working on anything new like days ago?

and where is my boi Matsui?

remember when Kishi's new scfi manga was going to start in 2016? i remember

hxh went on hiatus and returned during wt hiatus wew
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
theres 3? I only see 2
I suppose calling Hunter x Hunter a new serialization is quite a stretch, but it does need a place until it's gone with the next serialization round.

I'm going to say Gintama solely because Spring Weapon has a way of surprising us all. It must have some niche popularity with some demographic WSJ wants to appeal to, maybe younger boys. I could be wrong since I have no idea how close Gintama's final arc is to seeming like coming to a natural conclusion, but that's my guess.
But isn't Gintama ending anyway? Its final arc has gone on long enough, and everything is coming together anyway.
Yes, of course Gintama is having a natural ending, it's just a question of how long it will take and if the magazine wants to celebrate it in any way. There's also the fact that the anime is beginning adapting the very same final arc soon too. What concerns the story, it has began the fight against the final villain, and is at the villain's domination part right now. There can be just a few chapters remaining, or a little more, depending if Sorachi want to do an epilogue.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah I just read the Boze one shot nvm not interested
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top