Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caiops

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2015
Messages
803
Reaction score
519
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Someone make them talk about Hinomaru Zumou in a tv show.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Manga Ame Talk.
I have some questions

Are there any more examples that Ame Talk boost a not well known series/established series (beside Kingdom and TPN) that is not Shuiesha or is Shuiesha property?

i am guessing the consensus is if a particular series is good AND the host like it, they will bring it up?

I know in literature this happen a lots (fans want to read want the celebrities are reading at the moment).
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
The fact that with this much its a little under Heroaca at the same time is almost a little underwhelming given Heroaca had no TV promotion until early 2016 with Mando Kobayashi. It will continue to get lots of promotion here on out and its definitely the biggest hit since Heroaca but to say that its doing so well with no anime is borderline ridiculous given this much of TV exposure with only 6 volumes released so far.
Even implying Neverland is a little underwhelming in terms of its success is ridiculous, especially with how much lower print sales seem to be from one year to another. HeroAca and Neverland are also aimed at two pretty different crowds in a way, one is a clear cut battle shounen while the other is a mystery suspense series.

To be honest, Hero would've probably also had a lot of TV shoutouts at its time, but at that point the whole Kingdom scenario didn't happen yet. Now I'm sure promoting manga during talk shows and such will become the norm to an extent given how effective things were for Kingdom.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I have some questions

Are there any more examples that Ame Talk boost a not well known series/established series (beside Kingdom and TPN) that is not Shuiesha or is Shuiesha property?

i am guessing the consensus is if a particular series is good AND the host like it, they will bring it up?

I know in literature this happen a lots (fans want to read want the celebrities are reading at the moment).
I feel like no one truly realized how much a manga can get boosted via such a method until the Kingdom scenario happened and now this will become a common practice to promote manga.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Kimetsu needs to air on Ame Talk :cheez.
KnY has the dankest memes, which are better than any exposure really

Someone make them talk about Hinomaru Zumou in a tv show.
HZ doesn't make cool cosplays tho


on another note, I'm looking forward to BnA popularity poll result

I hope Hori makes a cool cp out of it like last year medieval fantasy one, and I hope Bones expands on it with a cooler op
 

Kamen Rider Dragon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 4, 2012
Messages
239
Reaction score
220
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow, missed a lot of news. Bunch of one-shots, new series, new My Hero game (please don't suck), HxH is back after only 3 months. What a way to start off the year.
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
I have some questions

Are there any more examples that Ame Talk boost a not well known series/established series (beside Kingdom and TPN) that is not Shuiesha or is Shuiesha property?

i am guessing the consensus is if a particular series is good AND the host like it, they will bring it up?

I know in literature this happen a lots (fans want to read want the celebrities are reading at the moment).
Based on here for their June 29th Manga Special: http://hon-hikidashi.jp/enjoy/31418/
Full list of series that were featured in that segment: https://www.honyaclub.com/shop/c/csp1301_fsp1301tp/

Order of biggest relative growth of Vol. 1 on the day after broadcast.
  1. BLUE GIANT
  2. Souboutei
  3. Bokutachi ga Yarimashita
  4. Drifters
  5. Konya wa Tsukiga Kirei desuga, Toriaizu shine
  6. Asahinagu
  7. JJM Joshikyuudoubu Monotagari
  8. Yakusoku no Neverland
  9. Battle Studies
  10. Kingdom
  11. Golden Kamui
  12. One Punch Man
  13. Attack on Titan Spinoff
  14. Tokyo Ghoul
  15. My Hero Academia
Also, I highly doubt the publishers aren't involved in these features in some way or another.
 
Last edited:

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Since next week is a double issue are both GH and FD getting ranked?
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
on another note, I'm looking forward to BnA popularity poll result

I hope Hori makes a cool cp out of it like last year medieval fantasy one, and I hope Bones expands on it with a cooler op
With the BnHa x Star Wars poster in the next issue I'd guess he will present the Top 10 in Star Wars costumes.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
With the BnHa x Star Wars poster in the next issue I'd guess he will present the Top 10 in Star Wars costumes.
Ugh, yeah that was a thing, I couldn't care less for Star Wars...
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Since next week is a double issue are both GH and FD getting ranked?
even if its a double issue everyone is just getting 1 chapter so only FD is getting ranked

With the BnHa x Star Wars poster in the next issue I'd guess he will present the Top 10 in Star Wars costumes.
I would like that, but that would stand in the way of it ever getting animated because of copyrights issues
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
I have some questions

Are there any more examples that Ame Talk boost a not well known series/established series (beside Kingdom and TPN) that is not Shuiesha or is Shuiesha property?

i am guessing the consensus is if a particular series is good AND the host like it, they will bring it up?

I know in literature this happen a lots (fans want to read want the celebrities are reading at the moment).
I read somewhere that Jojo was also on Ame Talk a while back but to have a Kingdom level segment you need a good amount of volumes released and it has to be pretty acclaimed. Kingdom won the Tezuka Cultural Prize before being on the show and was also liked by the hosts themselves. I will agree that to get this much exposure a series does need to actually show that it is popular.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
even if its a double issue everyone is just getting 1 chapter so only FD is getting ranked
So what's the point of it being a double issue? What does double issue even mean? I've wondered this for a while.
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
I find it hard to get excited about one-shots if they aren't guaranteed to become series later on, so whatever.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I like how casually they are billing some authors by their older work rather than the new ones

"let's pretend Hungry Marie, Illegal Rare, Shonen Shojo were never a thing haha"
"let's pretend the readers didn't send these guys works to an early death haha"

Kawashita first did Ichigo extra story and now she's doing this, I'm guessing her baseball manga isn't doing well :hmm
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,073
Reaction score
6,931
Gender
Male
Country
United States
HeroAca and Neverland are also aimed at two pretty different crowds in a way, one is a clear cut battle shounen while the other is a mystery suspense series.
Same magazine, lead characters are of the same age, both have action elements again battle crazed antagonists, I dont see how they are targettng different crowds, especially, even using this here thread, people are clearly liking both series. Where are the Promised Neverland readers who are turned off by HeroAca?
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Same magazine, lead characters are of the same age, both have action elements again battle crazed antagonists, I dont see how they are targettng different crowds, especially, even using this here thread, people are clearly liking both series. Where are the Promised Neverland readers who are turned off by HeroAca?
I said targeting different crowds, in a way. Which is true. I feel like the people that are buying the series might have some different buying habits and interests overall. I feel like Neverland has a lot of casual appeal to people that normally wouldn't read action based battle shounen manga.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Shimabu's oneshots are really weird so I'm not sure how I feel about his upcoming one. I would rather just have him get a series serialized.

A sports series would be nice and not a made up sports like RING.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure Shimabu is going to stick to doing gag manga. That's all he's been doing since Toriko.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top