Discussion Series All Time Relationship Rate [VOTING OPEN!]

Which of these magic types do you want in the rating?


  • Total voters
    35
  • Poll closed .

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
Fantastic write ups, in particular the Sting and Rogue post was incredible (definitely not biased here...)!

Sting and Rogue's relationship is the best in Fairy Tail IMO, they're complete opposites and yet they work in sync perfectly, be it in a fight or helping each other with deeper issues such as Rogue's inner darkness. Its a shame we didn't get to see more from them, their fights were always great thanks to their teamwork and amazing magics, and their dynamic was consistently great from start to finish.
 

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
Top 3 incoming soon, so I'll leave my thoughts on previous relationships:

#8 Gray & Lucy Not a ship material imo, just very, very close friends. Shame on me, but actually I couldn't recall moments of their interaction earlier than last two arcs. I'm surprised it ended higher than her relationship with Natsu or Leo.

#7 Gray & Ultear Again not a ship material for me, but I like their "common past" bond. And Gray crying when he realised she sacrifised herself... :crying I think he saw Ultear more like an older sister figure.

#6 Elfman x Evergreen I like this tsundere ship quite a lot, I hope they'll sail one day. Mainly comic relief (thanks Freed and Bicslow :fan), but they had few more serious moments. Just differences in body proportions scares me a little... :sweatdrop

#5 Brandish and DiMaria That's... complicated bond (and I like it), I think none of them was honest with each other when they were introduced, but it changed after Randi was nakamized and Mari beaten. If series didn't end, maybe Mashima would give them a chance to develop their sistp on screen (one can dream...).

#4 Sting & Rogue (I swear I'll try to not to make it an essay) One of the best brotp in manga history for me :swoon They are completely different - looks, styles, personalities, even their powers - and yet, they are not only inseparable, but also perfectly harmonious. Always when I think about one of them, the latter appears in my mind and it can't be helped. I can't think of any other relationship like theirs in FT; Natsu and Gray are ok, but no where near as close as those two, while Wendy and Chelia are nice, but I find them rather cute than badass/epic. Besides, is there other FT duo (except for Sky Sisters, which appeared much later in the story), which has its own name? That should speak for itself :hip
Anyway, I was happy enough, that they made to top 10 and even happier, when they made to top 5. I was silently hoping for top 3 too, but they already did much better, than I thought they'll do, when the ranking started. Twin Dragons ftw! :luv @MLG Bradman, I knew I can count on you.
 

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Please, do make all the rest posts, you are awesome writer poster:verily
Or at least Gavy. Im begging you
:waah
This is rude af tbh.
 

Tirl

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2016
Messages
1,292
Reaction score
1,396
Age
33
Country
Russian Federation
This is rude af tbh.
What af tbh means?
And why this is rude? I just said I like her posts much more. Huge, interesting. Some posts not from her have just few words and pics also without our quotes (You know which about Im saying). So, again, what's rude there?

PS. I love all your works with rates, but somebody makes it better:teehee
 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
#4 Sting & Rogue (I swear I'll try to not to make it an essay) One of the best brotp in manga history for me :swoon They are completely different - looks, styles, personalities, even their powers - and yet, they are not only inseparable, but also perfectly harmonious. Always when I think about one of them, the latter appears in my mind and it can't be helped. I can't think of any other relationship like theirs in FT; Natsu and Gray are ok, but no where near as close as those two, while Wendy and Chelia are nice, but I find them rather cute than badass/epic. Besides, is there other FT duo (except for Sky Sisters, which appeared much later in the story), which has its own name? That should speak for itself :hip
Anyway, I was happy enough, that they made to top 10 and even happier, when they made to top 5. I was silently hoping for top 3 too, but they already did much better, than I thought they'll do, when the ranking started. Twin Dragons ftw! :luv
:awe
Couldn't put it better myself. I'm also surprised they made it this far, it really says something when a BroTP can beat out some canon relationships (no offense to shippers of those relationships).
@MLG Bradman, I knew I can count on you.
 

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
:awe
Couldn't put it better myself. I'm also surprised they made it this far, it really says something when a BroTP can beat out some canon relationships (no offense to shippers of those relationships).

I always thought they were gay because of their great chemistry. That and they needed some yaoi fanservice.
 

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
#3



Alzack and Bisca (AlBis)
Score: 7,150


Highest score: 10 x 7 (@Reebi, @First Devilslayer, @DiMaria Yesta, @Raijin 雷神, @Raven, @Asorx, @Gryffindor)
Lowest score: 1 x 2 (@Nemispelled, @Axiomus)
My score: 2/10

Is my score too harsh? It’s not like I regret it... I mean, yeah, cute stuff. But how relevant are these two to the story? Let’s be honest: not very much. ANYWAY, enough of my opinion. Let’s quote a little synopsis the Fairy Tail Couple Wiki put together for us:
Due to the both of them employing similar kinds of Magic, Alzack and Bisca usually partner with each other and have developed a close relationship. For a long time, Alzack had been in love with Bisca and the two were usually seen together, often-times watching Gray and Juvia and wishing that their relationship would be like that as well. Alzack's dedication towards her can be seen during Laxus and the Thunder God Tribe's rebellion when he was willing to attack his guild members in order to return Bisca, who was turned into stone by Evergreen's Magic, to normal. Bisca is also in love with Alzack and cares deeply for him, as seen when she was comforting him when he failed to be chosen as a candidate for the X784 S-Class Mage Promotion Trial. A year after the supposed destruction of Tenrou Island, Alzack married Bisca and their union resulted in the birth of a daughter whom they named Asuka.
That’s right. They’re the only couple in Fairy Tail
not for long @Levy Redfox with a child!


Because I’m far from considerate, we’ll start with the rude but somewhat understandable comments. Emperor Spriggan is wondering: “Who are these again? :SOON.” Doesn’t Mashima want us to feel this way about all side characters? Just kidding, don’t hate me my dear Fairy Tail fans! kira could only remember them because of guns: “Who?
Oh wait..it’s the sniper couple..they get a 9 from me.” And look where they ended up!

COMMERCIAL BREAK! Let’s take a look at their best moments throughout the series. Yes, they indeed have some!


WE LOVE A HAIRCUT!!!




I don’t know if Yui-kitten is sad about the fact she states: “My favorite irrelevant ship.” Sorry but I prefer Rerry. Meanwhile, Takuan does think one of the two found some relevancy in an arc: “Best ship from before Tenrou. Alzack during FT festival was badass.” I don’t even remember that festival well ddddd.

We close with Jko who surprisingly didn’t even give it full marks: “Most steady relationship in the show lol. Sad that they didn't show the wedding. And little Asuka was cute.”

Check out: CH108, 168 & 201



​
 

Jko

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
7,451
Reaction score
18,776
Country
United States
I've come for the top 3 fails. I'm like wtf with half of the top 10. How did Brandish and DiMaria outclass so many better ships???

I didn't give Bisca and Alzack a 10 bcs they weren't shown enough.

Honestly don't care for Gajevy. The fake death just plummetted that relationship. The ship is boderline (most likely over the line) Stockholm syndrome lol. His death could've redeemed it but Mashima wussed out.

I don't even know the other ship it's against...
 
Last edited:

Lenny

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 20, 2015
Messages
39
Reaction score
92
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Looks like my 11 was well spent. Whichever ship gets the 1st place, I'll be happy anyway :blai
 

kira

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2016
Messages
1,813
Reaction score
17,395
Country
Torumekian Empire
whaaaaaaaaaaaaat nowwww?! :arf Gajevy might be top 2(or worse! top 1)?! :8C

this is unacceptable! Levy is mine! :twitch:handgun:handgun


I guess at least the other pair is Jerza... as expected of Titania and Mystogan's less handsome look-alike. :bishie
 

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I've come for the top 3 fails. I'm like wtf with half of the top 10. How did Brandish and DiMaria outclass so many better ships???

I didn't give Bisca and Alzack a 10 bcs they weren't shown enough.

Honestly don't care for Gajevy. The fake death just plummetted that relationship. The ship is boderline (most likely over the line) Stockholm syndrome lol. His death could've redeemed it but Mashima wussed out.

I don't even know the other ship it's against...
I think they are because most people are either indifferent or like these ships but not love them. Basically, everyone was like meh 7.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jko

Miralicious akuma

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2016
Messages
309
Reaction score
1,686
Country
India
Wtf
Gajevy vs jerza?
Ik im late but I kinda liked nalu better from Main 4, I mean their bond was pretty darn sweet. I mean Lucy wouldn't even be in ft and wouldn't have grown so much as a person if it wasn't for natsu and I admire that. Sure lucy became victim for being used as fan service tool 24/7 but cmon.

I loved gruvia in tartorus arc, that was great development in their relationship but I don't like how juvia is just relevant cuz of gray and has no real character outside of being gray's fangirl.
About gajevy, they were pretty okay by tartorus, I liked their playful bond but it became really cringey in Alvarez.
Don't even get me started on jerza. I lowkey find jellal trying to act cool in front of her kinda annoying and... It just seems so forced. I liked their bit in the last ch tho but that's pretty much it.
And elfgreen deserved better, they are so freakin sweet.
 

Reebi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 10, 2017
Messages
2,432
Reaction score
4,091
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I can’t believe we forgot Cana and Lucy :notrust
 

Jko

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 28, 2016
Messages
7,451
Reaction score
18,776
Country
United States
Don't even get me started on jerza. I lowkey find jellal trying to act cool in front of her kinda annoying and... It just seems so forced. I liked their bit in the last ch tho but that's pretty much it.
My feelings about Jerza. The only two things I'll add is that I also dislike how Erza becomes a schoolgirl when she's with him. Like c'mon you're supposed to be badass swordsman who don't give a f what others think. Being a shy schoolgirl ruins her image.

The other thing is that I hate how Jellal be swooping in and saving her when Erza already tired or hurt like really? Every time he just comes and plays the white knight when she's hurt or fatigued? Honestly that irked me because they try to play up Jellal to make him look better than her despite feats contradicting that.
 

Miralicious akuma

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2016
Messages
309
Reaction score
1,686
Country
India
My feelings about Jerza. The only two things I'll add is that I also dislike how Erza becomes a schoolgirl when she's with him. Like c'mon you're supposed to be badass swordsman who don't give a f what others think. Being a shy schoolgirl ruins her image.

The other thing is that I hate how Jellal be swooping in and saving her when Erza already tired or hurt like really? Every time he just comes and plays the white knight when she's hurt or fatigued? Honestly that irked me because they try to play up Jellal to make him look better than her despite feats contradicting that.
That's EXACTLY how I feel about them too. Like erza just COMPLETELY changes in front of jellal like cmonn. Ik many people find it endearing and adorable but how?! Its annoying asf. Plus yeah totally agree with you on the white knight point, hiro kinda tries to potray jellal as some kind of erza 's savior and it just feels soo forced.
 

Seven777

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
5,568
Reaction score
10,567
Age
31
Country
Australia
What pisses me off about Jerza is the fact that Jellal killed friggin Simon right in front of her and Erza doesnt give a shit anymore. Oh, so he loses his memories and its all good? Erza tells Jellal that if he doesnt remember the people he's hurt, she'll stab him through the heart, yet when he admits he doesnt immediately after, she not only doesnt kill the little shit, but tells him not to sacrifice himself and tries to save him? Why? And when Midnight actually calls Jellal out on all the evil things he's done, Erza even has the gall to say that "she still sees the goodness in him", disgusting.

Erza shouldve been what Kagura was, desperate to kill Jellal the moment she saw him. But no, instead she pines for the bastard throughout the whole arc, and when it ends she doesnt want Jellal to pay for his crimes, she wants him to stay with her and be her boyfriend or whatever. Of course team Natsu were trying to get him free as well, so screw those assholes too, but at least Jellal didnt kill any of their friends.
Erza disgraced Simon's memory the moment she didnt let Jellal sacrifice himself, everything after that is just her taking a shit on his grave. Honestly every time i see a shipping moment between these two i start wishing Kagura would show up and butcher both of them.
 
Top