Hangout Akatsuki no Yona Hangout Thread

How do you prefer the Spoiler/Chapter thread set-up?

  • Different threads for each spoiler/chapter (current set up)

    Votes: 4 57.1%
  • 2 constant threads (1 for spoiler, 1 for chapter) to allow for continued discussion

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Other (suggest in thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    7

Mini_kinkin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
219
Reaction score
165
Country
Winterfell
I haven't been here for a while but I logged in to comment on the spoilers of atrocious chapter 151

I am getting sick of Yona's characterization when it comes to love. Hak is trying SO hard to keep his feelings to himself, but he thought he had hope and now Yona had to Squash them all by saying the kiss was the greeting. I mean really? Really Yona? You going to keep being oblivious and will keep hurting him? The one person who left every damn thing for you, sacrificed everything for you and loves you without conditions. How do you claim to know him so well when you can't even tell he loves you?

As a Hak and Yona shipper I am getting super pissed now. They can just confess to each other and have a romance mid-manga and have some cute scenes for us shippers but NO, Kusa clearly needs to drag this.

Yona is brave in every other aspect on this manga but she is a coward towards her feelings for Hak. What will happen if she confesses? Even if she thinks he will reject her, at least she should confess. Jelousy and all are okay, and sometimes even cute, but she is such a coward when it comes to Hak that I am done with any sort of understanding. Hak deserves better poor guy.

Like how can a girl be this dumb when it comes to love? I still ship them but if this continues I am going to stop having hopes for this ship. In order for fangirls and shippers to continue liking a ship we need to have nice MOMENTS and not this crap where Yona keeps running away.
 

Mini_kinkin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
219
Reaction score
165
Country
Winterfell
I voted for stay in Wind Tribe. I think I want a few light-hearted chapters before delving into Soo-Won dealing with Tae-Jun. But I think it's going to be a Yona blood fest? Lol.
 

Mini_kinkin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
219
Reaction score
165
Country
Winterfell
People are hating on Keishuk and I think that's dumb. Keishuk is a really loyal person and obvs wants to protect Soo-Won. I like him and I think he is interesting. And he is the only one going to do something logical about the Yona situation since Soo-Won is not thinking straight - and this will in turn give us readers good material. Seems like Kusa basically wanted to shift the main villain focus to Keishuk. If he ends up dying or something end of this manga I will be really pissed.
 

SamuelDean

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2017
Messages
253
Reaction score
175
Country
Dragonstone
I'm not sure I'm following, is this about the next chapter?? :confused:
I guess. I just saw this quote on a tumblr s page.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
People are hating on Keishuk and I think that's dumb. Keishuk is a really loyal person and obvs wants to protect Soo-Won. I like him and I think he is interesting. And he is the only one going to do something logical about the Yona situation since Soo-Won is not thinking straight - and this will in turn give us readers good material. Seems like Kusa basically wanted to shift the main villain focus to Keishuk. If he ends up dying or something end of this manga I will be really pissed.
I wonder about his loyalty. I think there is a reason, that Soo Won withholds information from Keishuk.
 

Mini_kinkin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
219
Reaction score
165
Country
Winterfell
I wonder about his loyalty. I think there is a reason, that Soo Won withholds information from Keishuk.
This did cross my mind too. But, what will he gain by double-crossing Soo-Won?

The only thing I can think off is if he actually is Yu-Hon's child, then he can claim a right to the throne.

But if this were the case and wanted the throne he should let Soo-Won get eliminated right? So that's why I wonder why he should try and remove Yona. But there could be more to it than that.
 

SamuelDean

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2017
Messages
253
Reaction score
175
Country
Dragonstone
This did cross my mind too. But, what will he gain by double-crossing Soo-Won?

The only thing I can think off is if he actually is Yu-Hon's child, then he can claim a right to the throne.
I tend to think that Keishuk may be more loyal to Soo Won s family than to Soo Won as a person...Keishuk for example wishes for Soo Won s marriage despite the fact, that his master doesn t intend to marry so soon...
But if this were the case and wanted the throne he should let Soo-Won get eliminated right?
Maybe it would be easier for Keishuk, if Soo Won attains his goal. Keishuk seems to agree with Soo Won s agenda. His satisfaction every time, Soo Won achieves a success seems to be pretty obvious.

So that's why I wonder why he should try and remove Yona. But there could be more to it than that.
Yona is an unpredictable factor to him and since he agrees with Soo Won s measures and achievements, he most likely fears that she will be a hindrance at one point in time.
 

@Aylinn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
204
Reaction score
268
Country
Poland
Is this chapter worth reading?

Like how can a girl be this dumb when it comes to love?
She needs to be a shoujo heroine. I have read enough shoujo stories to know this cliché well.

It was completely unnecessary to make Yona oblivious in the first place. If Kusnagi used her trauma from seeing her father killed by her beloved Su-won, she could make Yona realise that Hak is interested in her, but it would not have to mean and it should not mean that Yona would happily jump into another relationship as if nothing happened. It would be 100% reasonable if Yona didn’t want to get into a relationship and needed time.

Kusanagi had such a good occasion to omit many shoujo clichés and still have a slow-burning relationship, but instead we got a shoujo romance full of cliches for no good reason. Not to mention that it would not make Yona’s characterization so inconsistent where she is able to, for example, notice that there is something strange about a town when she was not in many towns before like in Awa, but when it comes Hak she is super dumb.

Although, I don’t think Hak is blameless. It is not like he ever told her he loves her so it is not like he did everything to make his feelings clear. He could have mastered up courage and tell Yona about his feelings.

Does these two ever discuss things seriously with each other? I think that if they were really so close with each other, even as friends, then they should have talked long ago about what happened that night, but again, instead we got to see Hak teasing Yona and how they misunderstand each other and other boring clichés from shoujo romances.
 
Last edited:

Trjpyo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2017
Messages
139
Reaction score
67
Country
Water Tribe
Is this chapter worth reading?


She needs to be a shoujo heroine. I have read enough shoujo stories to know this cliché well.

It was completely unnecessary to make Yona oblivious in the first place. If Kusnagi used her trauma from seeing her father killed by her beloved Su-won, she could make Yona realise that Hak is interested in her, but it would not have to mean and it should not mean that Yona would happily jump into another relationship as if nothing happened. It would be 100% reasonable if Yona didn’t want to get into a relationship and needed time.

Kusanagi had such a good occasion to omit many shoujo clichés and still have a slow-burning relationship, but instead we got a shoujo romance full of cliches for no good reason. Not to mention that it would not make Yona’s characterization so inconsistent where she is able to, for example, notice that there is something strange about a town when she was not in many towns before like in Awa, but when it comes Hak she is super dumb.

Although, I don’t think Hak is blameless. It is not like he ever told her he loves her so it is not like he did everything to make his feelings clear. He could have mastered up courage and tell Yona about his feelings.

Does these two ever discuss things seriously with each other? I think that if they were really so close with each other, even as friends, then they should have talked long ago about what happened that night, but again, instead we got to see Hak teasing Yona and how they misunderstand each other and other boring clichés from shoujo romances.
Welp, after 150 chapters and still small progress on romance, i wouldnt really call AnY your typical shoujo. Bec if it were your average shoujo hak and yona would be hooking up at chap 50.

Have you read any shoujo where the romance has taken this long to progress?
 
Last edited:

@Aylinn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
204
Reaction score
268
Country
Poland
There are series where it is super slow like Glass Mask, though I don’t have much problem with it there because of how it is handled. Skip Beat also has a slow romance, but I haven’t read it in ages, because I got bored and dropped it.

By saying that Yona is a typical shoujo romance I also referred to how dense Yona is about her main love interest’s feelings, which is a pretty common cliché in shoujo.

However, I agree that there are longer shoujo series where the main characters get together much quicker. I suppose it is a part of the appeal of Akagami no Shirayuki-hime, which is not beating around the bush with romance and manages to avoid many shoujo pitfalls as a result.

I also remember that this was the case with this shoujo fantasy-romance Red River. The main characters get together way before the final chapters of the manga and later chapters focus on fighting with an evil step-mother who tries to ascertain that it is her son who gets the throne.

I think that the problem with Yona is that Kusanagi seems to go for the same thing as in her previous manga NG Life, which I heard has characters that get together in the final chapters, but which is also considerably shorter than Yona, so what might have been acceptable there is just beating around the bush in Yona.
 

Trjpyo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2017
Messages
139
Reaction score
67
Country
Water Tribe
I think that the problem with Yona is that Kusanagi seems to go for the same thing as in her previous manga NG Life, which I heard has characters that get together in the final chapters, but which is also considerably shorter than Yona, so what might have been acceptable there is just beating around the bush in Yona.
Woah there... as in the final chapters/arc? Is this for real? Characters as in MC or just the secondary cast?
 

@Aylinn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
204
Reaction score
268
Country
Poland
Woah there... as in the final chapters/arc? Is this for real? Characters as in MC or just the secondary cast?
The main characters from what I understand. I cannot explain better, since I only know spoilers and I have never read it. I just know that apparently in NG Life there is a girl who has a crush on the main boy, but he only realises it later that he likes her and confesses to her at the end of the manga, in the final volume, to be more precise.

Quick look at the information about this NG Life and it has 9 volumes. For comparison Yona already has 24 volumes.
 

Mini_kinkin

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2017
Messages
219
Reaction score
165
Country
Winterfell
The main characters from what I understand. I cannot explain better, since I only know spoilers and I have never read it. I just know that apparently in NG Life there is a girl who has a crush on the main boy, but he only realises it later that he likes her and confesses to her at the end of the manga, in the final volume, to be more precise.

Quick look at the information about this NG Life and it has 9 volumes. For comparison Yona already has 24 volumes.
Actually in NG Life,- spolier warning- it made perfect sense for them to confess in the final chapter, because MC is a guy who had to figure out a lot of stuff before finally realizing his feelings for the girl. NG Life is very interesting and intertwined in past lives, and Kusa's strengths are emotions and relationships so it plays out very well in NG life (including friendship). That ship was nice and it wasn't frustrating that the main couple got together only in the end.

If you want to know more:

So there are three main characters - a girl, a boy and the MC. In the past life, the MC was in love with the boy - but the twist is the boy was a female in the past life. The girl is his best friend and also was his best friend in his past life, but she was a boy in the past life. Only the MC and a few other characters remember their past life. So he is always conflicted about his past love (who is now a boy, but MC is straight) and his crush on this girl (who he was bffs with in the previous life, and this life, but he tried to deny his feelings for her because he wants her to remain as a bff). So it gets interesting.

But here...oh boy...I am one of those people who enjoys cliches...I even liked the teasing I find it funny. But one thing I can't stand is if the Main girl character is dense for SO long when it comes to love. Especially if it's hurting the guy. Hak actually had a reason for holding back his feelings - his loyalty to Il, the fact that he thinks Yona still loves Soo-Won and doesn't want to force his feelings on her, the fact that he was treated like a childhood friend his whole life. He even wanted to talk this chapter. But Yona is being so freaking annoying because she doesn't have any proper reasons for not confessing and is not even letting Hak do it properly. I think in AnY they can get together now so there can be more drama later on in the manga and the people who like this ship can get cute moments.
 

@Aylinn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
204
Reaction score
268
Country
Poland
Actually in NG Life,- spolier warning- it made perfect sense for them to confess in the final chapter, because MC is a guy who had to figure out a lot of stuff before finally realizing his feelings for the girl.
Yeah, I understand that that’s why I wrote that it might have been acceptable there. I haven’t read beyond to 2 or 3 chapters of that manga, so I am not saying it is a bad thing there. It might have been executed well or I suppose that at the very least the fact it was shorter might have made it far less annoying.
But one thing I can't stand is if the Main girl character is dense for SO long when it comes to love.
It annoys me too. It is the reason why I dropped Kimi ni Todoke.
 

SamuelDean

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2017
Messages
253
Reaction score
175
Country
Dragonstone
Actually in NG Life,- spolier warning- it made perfect sense for them to confess in the final chapter, because MC is a guy who had to figure out a lot of stuff before finally realizing his feelings for the girl. NG Life is very interesting and intertwined in past lives, and Kusa's strengths are emotions and relationships so it plays out very well in NG life (including friendship). That ship was nice and it wasn't frustrating that the main couple got together only in the end.

If you want to know more:

So there are three main characters - a girl, a boy and the MC. In the past life, the MC was in love with the boy - but the twist is the boy was a female in the past life. The girl is his best friend and also was his best friend in his past life, but she was a boy in the past life. Only the MC and a few other characters remember their past life. So he is always conflicted about his past love (who is now a boy, but MC is straight) and his crush on this girl (who he was bffs with in the previous life, and this life, but he tried to deny his feelings for her because he wants her to remain as a bff). So it gets interesting.

But here...oh boy...I am one of those people who enjoys cliches...I even liked the teasing I find it funny. But one thing I can't stand is if the Main girl character is dense for SO long when it comes to love. Especially if it's hurting the guy. Hak actually had a reason for holding back his feelings - his loyalty to Il, the fact that he thinks Yona still loves Soo-Won and doesn't want to force his feelings on her, the fact that he was treated like a childhood friend his whole life. He even wanted to talk this chapter. But Yona is being so freaking annoying because she doesn't have any proper reasons for not confessing and is not even letting Hak do it properly. I think in AnY they can get together now so there can be more drama later on in the manga and the people who like this ship can get cute moments.
Well the MC in NGLife has his memories of his past life...except for him, just a couple of people can actually remember what happened in Pomepeii.
The girl he loved in his past life, is a boy now and the girl, that he starts to love in this life, was his former best friend (who looks a lot like Soo Won, if you ask me).
So yea...it makes sense, that he is troubled.
It would have been kind of funny, if Yona still had her memories of her past life...
 

Aniela

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
158
Reaction score
157
Country
Poland
Do we know when the next chapter is out? 'Cause if yes, then I totally forgot.
 

@Aylinn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
204
Reaction score
268
Country
Poland
Do we know when the next chapter is out? 'Cause if yes, then I totally forgot.
On Wednesday comes out a new chapter. The title makes it look like it will be about Hak and I suppose it will be about this drama around the misunderstanding form the previous chapter, so I am getting prepared for the fact that it will be another chapter that can be skipped.

Unless we will get some of Hak’s memories or reflections on Su-won. This at least would be interesting.
 

Trjpyo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2017
Messages
139
Reaction score
67
Country
Water Tribe
Chap 152...

Long story short, Hak told yona to her face “Because i love you”.

And the rest is history.
 
Top