Yeah I get what you mean, but Hak is the one who suffered the most with his feelings all these years, and now he confesses out of frustration - this is just not satisfactory for me. But I will forgive this if there are some cute moments now between them without dumb misunderstandings.
Well, honestly I do not care so much, who was the first to confess. I think a relationship is different from a game, where scoring points is important. It would have been dumb to Hak, if he hadn t spoken his mind. But I think I get your point that it was maybe not very romantic. I was just relieved. No more misunderstandings and I nearly laughed, since Hak was just as frustrated with the ping-pong-games of misunderstandings.
To @ Aylinn.
Wow. just wow. You really have a lot to say to that topic.
1.To the first option: Yu hon kills Yona s mother. My question:
Why would he do that? King Il would have been still King and could have easily remarried. In fact King Il had concubines, so him not remarrying again had nothing to do with his undying love for his wife. So in fact just great risks for Yu hon and this man was supposed to be a clever strategist, if we wish to believe General Geuntae.
Honestly I didn t thought about the perspective of story telling that you introduced here. Very interesting.
2. It could really be just a coincidence. So the moral: Shit happens. But that would be maybe just too good for King Il.
3. King Il killed his own wife. Somehow it would fit his previous actions. He doesn t remarry, so that Yona could become queen. If a male heir had appeared Yona would have been out of the picture and with King Il and his strong belief to the gods...let s say...It is a little fishy. Could also be that this was one major reason for Soo Won to take action. Who knows? It would even fit Soo Won s actions and previous descpription. In fact Soo Won doesn t tend to kill people.
To @Mini_kinkin
I am eagerly awaiting further progression in Soo Won s character, but I think his point of view really did change throughout the whole manga.
Not so much in his actions concerning Kouka. To tell the truth a highly determined character that just doesn t follow what he preaches...No...I think it was good that he kept his plan and didn t stray. So yea...he was statical, but I didn t really mind here.
To the change in his character. Concerning Yona and Hak there are in fact a few changes.
At first he was their friend until his father s death.
Then he tried to put some space between them and him. What is striking for me. Am I seeing things or did Soo Won really try to warn Hak (Yona) several times. It s not that he told him his plans, but somehow his actions were a little ambivalent.
Actually he told Hak that he wouldn t take care of Yona and that he should be careful. His reaction when he pushed Yona away, the moment she confessed.
Then after the murder: I think at first he more or less calculated that he would lose both Yona and Hak, maybe even considered their deaths. Then he wished for them to stay alive, but tried to precede with his plan without really taking notice of them.
In Awa and in the Water Tribe Arc he even protected Yona. I think in the Water Tribe Arc he was also a little bit perplexed of Yona s reactions and actions.
Occasionally he interacted with them, even asking for their help in Sei Arc. He actually couldn t bring himself to harm them. Despite Ju do s shouts.
The third stage was in fact that he remembered that Yona is the reincarnation of King Hiryuu. As it is his reactions to that topic are very negative.
And he even distanced himself further from them. He didn t really listen to Yona at first, when she tried to talk to him and also I think that Soo Won avoided to meet them, because this person is pretty good at postponing such matters.
So avoidance is still the measure he chooses, but he eventually has to attack, if he cannot run away any more.
Well I do not think that Yu hon is the sole "bad guy" ...to tell the truth, he won t win the price for the purest heart, that is true. But I tend to think that King Il also wasn t as pure and innocent as Yona thought he was.