Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If muhyo gets an anime then Psyren must get a anime as well I think 2018 just got better
 

CallMeTsuyu

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 1, 2015
Messages
159
Reaction score
203
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hopes for Jump in 2018:

- Kinnikuman revival
- My Hero Academia manga returns to regular form(current arc's off to a good start), the games actually at least decent and fun and sells well, another unprecedented sales boost from S3 and the movie, the movie does well, Vigilantes crossover in the main manga
- Dr. Stone continues to grow
-TPN anime announcement
- Kimetsu anime announcement
- One Piece World Seeker is actually good, we get to Wano before the end of the year
- Takamasa-sensei(Yusuke Utsumi and Yusaku Shibata, too) holds off his return to the main magazine until 2019 or the magazine's less stacked
- Jump finally gives up on SW#1 and brings back Samon:derp
- Soma's current arc finally ends
- Slow down on sports manga. Don't think we need anymore at the moment
- Actage ends up being good
- WT returns

Aaaand I think that's it. I have a lot of things I want out Jump this year. Some stuff will obviously come true, but let's see how many of my more outlandish desires will actually happen.
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
- Jump finally gives up on SW#1 and brings back Samon:derp
- Soma's current arc finally ends
- Slow down on sports manga. Don't think we need anymore at the moment
- Actage ends up being good
So much this! Give me more Samon lol. But on a realistic note, I can't wait for Central and Azami to be a thing of the distant past. It really killed my hype for this series. I'm not a sports series person, but I'd like to see Full Drive go at the very least. The plot of Act-Age leaves enough ambiguous that I'll just have to wait and see the first few chapters before I can judge it. I've seen it described as Shokugeki with acting, so that could be interesting.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Happy New Years guys. Hope you all have a good one.

My hopes for WSJ in 2018:
- World Trigger coming back from hiatus.
- My Hero Academia's 'Hideout Raid' arc being really well animated. I also hope the movie and the PS4 game are good.
- An anime announcement for The Promised Neverland, and/or Kimetsu no Yaiba.
- Hinomaru Zumou getting adapted well in anime.
- An announcement of another Jump crossover fighting game(hopefully one that is of higher quality than J-Stars Victory Vs).
- A new manga that survives that I can get invested in. 2017 didn't give me any.
- Tite Kubo's new oneshot having the energy that he lost after years and years of Bleach.
- Gintama's manga wrapping up in a nice way. I find the action stale by this point, but I hope for a good ending afterwards. I miss the old Gintama.
 

Mr.Fujimaster

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
437
Reaction score
304
Country
Brazil
My hopes for Jump in 2018:
- More battle manga.
- Space battle manga.
- Yakusoku no Neverland anime announcement.
- Dr. Stone, Robot x Laserbeam and WNL continues to grow.
- Kimetsu no Yaiba anime announcement.
- Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san selling about 400k per volume after the anime.
- Kenta Shinohara or Shimabukuro back to Jump with a gag manga.
- Hikaru Kitamura serialized.
- Return of my dear World Trigger.
- Kishimoto serializing his new manga in WSJ, not Jump +.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I hope for

- Act Age turns out to be great, and sticks around

- Kimetsu No Yaibe anime announcement. Bonus: it’s animated by Bones

- Neverland anime announcement
Bonus: It’s picked up by Production IG

- Yu Yu Hakusho special leads into a new season , DBS-like, season being announced. Not something long running though. Maybe just a 1-Cour or 2-Cour season.

- Hoshin Engi, Captain Tsubasa ,and potentially Muhyo lead to more old Jump series that either never had an anime, or the anime is nearly 2 Decades old, getting anime’s announced

- Jojo Part 5 gets an anime

- Still holding on to Moue serializing Galaxy Gangs :’(

- Kei Monri, Ultra Battle Satellite guy, and that 19 year old who had a one shot in the magazine a few issues ago, starts a serialization, with at least one seeing success.

- the live action Bleach movie(if that’s even still a thing) turns out to be good.

- Kishimoto’s new series lives up to the hype

- New Jump game gets announced
Bonus: it’s in an updated style of Jump Superstars and Jump Ultimate Stars
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I seriously hope that the YYH special doesn't lead to a new anime. DBS is awful and no more milking plus it's Pierrot who knows how badly they'll fuck it up. I can't trust the Pierrot today.

I would love if older series gets reboot. If only Seikimatsu Leader Den Takeshi! didn't have that scandal attached to the title then I would love for that to get one. I can see it being moderately popular if it got one even today or competing with the animes of the current WSJ titles.

Kinnikuman is a title that should get a reboot or continuation.
 

CallMeTsuyu

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 1, 2015
Messages
159
Reaction score
203
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I hope for
- Still holding on to Moue serializing Galaxy Gangs :’(
Whoo! Team Galaxy Gangs. Like I said earlier, though, I hope he holds off a little until the magazine is a little less packed.

Don't forget about Double Arts.
Then we got Nisekoi. Hurts my heart every time I think about it.

Kinnikuman is a title that should get a reboot or continuation.
This, all the way. Hopefully Captain Tsubasa getting remake paves the way for Kinnikuman to receive one, too.
 
Last edited:

Sir Isley

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2012
Messages
189
Reaction score
130
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'd like for BC to come outta the shounen "safe zone" and evolve a bit more than it's been doing.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Came back and saw couple posts about Psyren in 2018. Am I in the wrong year <_>? Next thing we know someone will bring up Mx0.
God I miss Mx0... KissXDeath just isn't nearly as charming.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Does anyone have a link to the Act Age one shot by any chance
 

Aipom626

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2017
Messages
2,267
Reaction score
1,829
Country
United States
Forgot to mention this 2018 hope. For Jump+, I really hope Saguri-chan Tankentai can be successful and that its first volume will sell well. Hopefully Hori can help his assistant out and give him a shoutout and/or promo image to try to get people buying the first volume when it releases. The series is super cute, and I love those full-color pages so much
 

Savi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2008
Messages
352
Reaction score
357
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Happy new year everyone! I'll try to be more active here this year :P
For now, I made a new video, tried to do my best to fix all the wrong number from last year and adding more than 30 new titles, hope you enjoy. I might do an analysis here or in form of a video. Hope you enjoy.

 

OfficialHxH

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
1,909
Country
United States
Oh sweet I forget there are new threads every year lol I was wondering what happened. Not gonna lie i started to miss this thread with you guys lol Happy New Year!

On another note does anyone know why Viz doesn't release the One Punch Man chapters that come out in Japan? Cause ive noticed they're about 3 chapters behind.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I've always figured they save OPM for low-page weeks. It doesn't exactly have the most consistent schedule in Japan anyway so it's not like they'd be releasing chapters regularly at set times even if they were caught up.

Otherwise there's also the possibility that the irregular schedule and page numbers in Japan make it a little harder to keep track of and arrange translations of than the weekly and monthly stuff, resulting in viz's releases being extra inconsistent on top.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top