Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
Shit I always forget that there's always new thread whenever a new years start.
Late HAPPY NEW YEAR! to all of guys!
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Forgot to ask, I saw conflicting reasons regarding this from random people so wanted to know what's true or not: is the reason why most anime are on break this week is because of the specific station being on holiday or since it was 5 Fridays and Saturdays in December? I know how animes take breaks sometimes but no Boruto, Super, BC, Magus Bride. All off this week and I doubt all of them run on TvTokyo. Sorry if off topic.
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
>Zumou and Robo only got 2 of them while everyone else got 4
What could this mean
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Black Clover's New OP:

BiSH - PAiNT it BLACK

Black Clover's New ED:

SWANKY DANK - Amazing Dreams

Source: Anime's Official Twitter
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Btw, the next Oricon Top (25-31 december) should be tomorrow (Japan Time) and not today.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Lmao, Pitou had Rammot so shook he gave up on life.

Damn nobody answered my question :neutral I’ll just assume it was just a holiday break for the stations.
 

Savi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2008
Messages
352
Reaction score
357
Gender
Male
Country
Japan

WesKR

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
168
Reaction score
105
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Did Muhyo&Roji have a natural ending or was it rushed to conclusion?
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
That’s interesting. Odd that it of all series would get a continuation, and when Nishi already has a serialised series at that. From what I understand, it was never massively successful either. Also makes me wonder if Viz will pick it too considering they just lost one of their Jump plus titles, and will eventually lose a second with Juni Taisen.
 

Savi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2008
Messages
352
Reaction score
357
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Did Muhyo&Roji have a natural ending or was it rushed to conclusion?
For me it didn't feel rushed, but, 7 years passed so my memory of the last arc isn't the best.
But it was cancelled in issue 14 of 2008, being dead last in TOC.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I do agree with you guys, I would love to see an adventure series to take off, like the two recent ones from Sunday(Soukyuu no Ariadne and Marry Grave). As for the Ghost one, we have Yuuna already.

Since I don't want to make a new post for this alone, I'll throw this in here, a new year anniversary pic from the author of Bozebeats. I really ain't digging this new art style, but if the manga ends up being good, whatever.

I like how active he is on Twitter
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I wonder if he'll fall into the same traps as all the other recent attempts at battle shounen and stretch out the oneshot content/basic introduction that's meant to attract viewers into 4 chapters before you get the actual big hook moment.

Do these series all have the same editor who thinks that's a great idea or something? It's weird them all having the exact same issue, I think only Demon's Plan kept the intro actually contained in ch 1 (though it flopped for other reasons).
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Getting canned 100% but I hope its a fun read
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top