I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
Be warned that you're not supposed to talk in this thread as a player during an ongoing game, regardless if it's day or night. If you have to/really want to make a post, at least make sure your post doesn't contain any game sensitive information that belongs in the game thread instead.
That said, RIP @Evil3ye. I hope you at least had some fun playing this game and don't regret it.
Oh I had fun alright. See you for my obligatory Farfalla vote (next game)
Seriously though, I highly suggest to double think to participate with a fulltime job where you have to think as well.
Despite all that I think I did fairly well, take away 5 minutes and two hours
Going to the opening of the musical my wife is in tonight with the premiere party and all, and before that gotta buy a bunch of stuff for the ensemble so might not be super active most of today (keeping up and making short posts on the phone at most) but I hope I’ll be up and about (probably hung-over but anyway..) early in the morning for the latter part of the Trial phase. Just a heads up.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Gotta say though that as much as I’m disappointed, I’m also even more relieved since this phase would have been a nightmare for me to follow and play properly (yeah, my previous post was way optimistic).
Good luck Townies! I’ll be rooting for you from the afterlife, sippin’ that heavenly java.
Oh I had fun alright. See you for my obligatory Farfalla vote (next game)
Seriously though, I highly suggest to double think to participate with a fulltime job where you have to think as well.
Despite all that I think I did fairly well, take away 5 minutes and two hours