- Joined
- Apr 7, 2015
- Messages
- 803
- Reaction score
- 519
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
I hope we have new information about Hinomaru Zumou in the next issue.
Speaking of HZ, I decided to check it out. I'm on chapter 41 currently, and I'm really enjoying it. I'm surprised it's not more popular. It kind of reminds me of Hajime no Ippo, but better written.I hope we have new information about Hinomaru Zumou in the next issue.
That's very true, I've noticed this poor setup in other series like Best Blue. Some battle shounen needs to break free,....I wonder if he'll fall into the same traps as all the other recent attempts at battle shounen and stretch out the oneshot content/basic introduction that's meant to attract viewers into 4 chapters before you get the actual big hook moment.
Do these series all have the same editor who thinks that's a great idea or something? It's weird them all having the exact same issue, I think only Demon's Plan kept the intro actually contained in ch 1 (though it flopped for other reasons).

Just looked up the Spring Weapon Number 1 sales and compared them to the quick-cancelled series of 2017. It was pretty similar to Poro, and was outsold by Marie, Shudan, and over 3 times as much by Cross Account. U19, however, sold less than half of what SW#1 sold. Now that's what I call a hard flopthey're using Summer Time Render as their poster boy now that Karada Sagashi and Fire Punch are over
one would think they would used Harem of End
speaking of Plus, shoeski hasn't updated yet, but according to bunkyodo Slime Life and The Little Prince first volumes are selling ok
they're doing better than SW#1 newest volume, which is hardly surprising at this point since even the cancelled Shudan is doing better than it too
Interesting you mention this, because ive found just as many series suffer from the exact opposite. Demon’s Plan, Red Sprite, Dr Stone and others from 2016 all bum rushed the shit out of their first few chapters and spent almost no time developing characters or world building. Ive actually quite enjoyed how these last few serialisations seem to be taking things slower and easily prefer it, though it is definitely too slow still. Find the mid-ground dammit!I wonder if he'll fall into the same traps as all the other recent attempts at battle shounen and stretch out the oneshot content/basic introduction that's meant to attract viewers into 4 chapters before you get the actual big hook moment.
Do these series all have the same editor who thinks that's a great idea or something? It's weird them all having the exact same issue, I think only Demon's Plan kept the intro actually contained in ch 1 (though it flopped for other reasons).
No surprise there. Looks like Act-Age takes its place in Issue 8. The real question is what's going to have to conclude in Issue 8 in order to make room for HxH's return? Neither Full Drive nor Golem Hearts has had a volume released yet, so fan popularity/internal reception is going to be critical in determining which of the 2 gets axed. While it could be Spring Weapon, it seems like it's going to stick around for awhile longerLooks like Cross Account will end in issue 7.
http://otakomu.jp/archives/658116.html
And Gintama? It's ending soon, right?No surprise there. Looks like Act-Age takes its place in Issue 8. The real question is what's going to have to conclude in Issue 8 in order to make room for HxH's return? Neither Full Drive nor Golem Hearts has had a volume released yet, so fan popularity/internal reception is going to be critical in determining which of the 2 gets axed. While it could be Spring Weapon, it seems like it's going to stick around for awhile longer
It is true that Gintama is in its final arc and will be ending soon, but from what others have said on this site, it is not close enough to ending that it will be done before Act-Age starts in issue 8 or HxH returns in issue 9. I don't personally follow the series, but based on those comments, I'm guessing it'll end by the next serialization round that seems to come in the springAnd Gintama? It's ending soon, right?
Im gonna say FulldriveNo surprise there. Looks like Act-Age takes its place in Issue 8. The real question is what's going to have to conclude in Issue 8 in order to make room for HxH's return? Neither Full Drive nor Golem Hearts has had a volume released yet, so fan popularity/internal reception is going to be critical in determining which of the 2 gets axed. While it could be Spring Weapon, it seems like it's going to stick around for awhile longer
That's what I'm hoping. I don't like Full Drive's art or any of the characters. Haikyuu, Zumo and RxL have the sports scene covered pretty well for the time being. Plus, I'm more willing to give Golem Hearts a second chance to find its footing since I wouldn't call it bad, but I found the first few chapters bland.Im gonna say Fulldrive
SW #01 is Shonen Jump's Black Torch, Let that sink in.
![]()

first day for everything released on 4/1 on shosekiThe boost for neverland is real, shosekiranking 1/04 :
1 Promised Neverland 7
35 Promised Neverland 6
41 Promised Neverland 1
43 Promised Neverland 2
49 Promised Neverland 3
50 Promised Neverland 5
52 Promised Neverland 4
Day 1,2,3 : All volumes top 50.