Discussion What Are You Reading? What Do You Plan on Reading Next?

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
14,783
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
Just started reading The Promised Neverland. The character design is not my cup of tea but the story got me hooked from chapter 1.
 

shinobi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
1,355
Reaction score
4,575
Country
Dragonstone
Just started reading The Promised Neverland. The character design is not my cup of tea but the story got me hooked from chapter 1.
I'm currently reading The Promised Neverland as well, still early though.
I finished watching MiA anime last week, but still didn't finish reading the manga, so this also is pending on the list.
and I'm also watching Shokugeki no Souma, planning to read after that too!!!
my pending list is very long!!!! :o
 

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Just started reading The Promised Neverland. The character design is not my cup of tea but the story got me hooked from chapter 1.
I just brought the first volume of the Promised Neverland and I plan to buy the rest of the volumes.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Black Butler is awesome and I hope they animate more of the arcs like the way they have been doing.

How was Billy Bat and what’s it about? I never read Claymore but my younger brother did and I might buy the manga box set so I can read the manga seeing that ending didn’t stop my brother from wanting to read the series again.
Good decision.

You should read the Claymore manga.
.Now Billy Bat is written by Urasawa-the author of Monster and 20th century Boys and 21st Century Boys.

Now the short synopsis of Billy Bat

It's 1949, and Kevin Yamagata is a Japanese-American comic book artist drawing the popular detective series "Billy Bat." When he learns he may have unconsciously copied the character from an image he saw serving in occupied Japan, he returns to Japan to get permission to use Billy Bat from its original creator. Upon arriving there, however, he becomes embroiled in a web of murder, cover-ups, and prophecy that all leads back to Billy Bat.

Every Manga of Urasawa are awesome.

Monster is considered a masterpiece and the villain in it is considered the Best Villain in Manga history till now.

I will suggest you to see the Anime of Monster.It faithfully adapted the manga.

And read 20th CB,21st CB and Billy Bat.

All these are top notch works and much much better than Fairy Tail.


In fact these are the landmarks of Manga history.
 

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Good decision.

You should read the Claymore manga.
.Now Billy Bat is written by Urasawa-the author of Monster and 20th century Boys and 21st Century Boys.

Now the short synopsis of Billy Bat

It's 1949, and Kevin Yamagata is a Japanese-American comic book artist drawing the popular detective series "Billy Bat." When he learns he may have unconsciously copied the character from an image he saw serving in occupied Japan, he returns to Japan to get permission to use Billy Bat from its original creator. Upon arriving there, however, he becomes embroiled in a web of murder, cover-ups, and prophecy that all leads back to Billy Bat.

Every Manga of Urasawa are awesome.

Monster is considered a masterpiece and the villain in it is considered the Best Villain in Manga history till now.

I will suggest you to see the Anime of Monster.It faithfully adapted the manga.

And read 20th CB,21st CB and Billy Bat.

All these are top notch works and much much better than Fairy Tail.


In fact these are the landmarks of Manga history.
I’ll have to save up money to buy the box set and Billy Bat sounds really good. Agreed these series are definitely much better then Fairy Tail.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
I’ll have to save up money to buy the box set and Billy Bat sounds really good. Agreed these series are definitely much better then Fairy Tail.
You don't have to buy Billy and 20th CB.You can read it online.
 

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
You don't have to buy Billy and 20th CB.You can read it online.
I was planing to read Billy Bat and 20th CB online. Also what ever anime do you recommend to read on online?
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
I was planing to read Billy Bat and 20th CB online. Also what ever anime do you recommend to read on online?
Monster.You can read it manga wise but I will suggest you to see the anime.It's written by Urasawa,the author of Billy Bat and 20th CB.
 

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Monster.You can read it manga wise but I will suggest you to see the anime.It's written by Urasawa,the author of Billy Bat and 20th CB.
Cool I’ll do when I finish rereading Pandora Hearts. My dad got me the limited edition Pandora Hearts manga box set for Christmas.
 
Last edited:

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,246
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Spirit Circle too :zomg Also started Wandering Sun. Recently I read Freesia (that was great), Pluto, and I sold my life for ten thousand yen per year (last half was beautiful). Rainy season here so a lot of time inside.

I'm going to try/have started Dr. Stone, Grand Blue, Yotsuba&!, and To You, The Immortal over the next month
Keeping those last two in bold. Going to try Gunka no Baltzar and Ao no Flag.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Will Start

Eden:Endless World! (manga, Hiroki Endo)






Heard it's masterpice.
 

Lomahongva

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
697
Reaction score
795
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
I need to catch up with the latest arc of Golden kamuy (the completed one) and start the current one.

Then, today I found some pics of Eyeshield 21 that I have saved years ago in my PC. Omg, how I loved that manga! It was my very first sport manga and it was truly discovery. So, I'm thinking of picking up another sports title.

Could you suggest me some good titles? Slum dunk is on my radar but I would appreciate more suggestions. Ah! Kuroko no basket is already in my Read list. Only enjoyed the last part and imho it didn't reach the levels of Eyeshield 21. Thanks in advance!
 
Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,410
Gender
Male
Country
France
I need to catch up with the latest arc of Golden kamuy (the completed one) and start the current one.

Then, today I found some pics of Eyeshield 21 that I have saved years ago in my PC. Omg, how I loved that manga! It was my very first sport manga and it was truly discovery. So, I'm thinking of picking up another sports title.

Could you suggest me some good titles? Slum dunk is under my radar but I would appreciate more suggestions. Ah! Kuroko no basket is already in my Read list. Only enjoyed the last part and imho it didn't reach the levels of Eyeshield 21. Thanks in advance!
Ace of Diamond is pretty good.
 

Lomahongva

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
697
Reaction score
795
Gender
Female
Country
Spain
Ace of Diamond is pretty good.
I'll add it to my Want To read list, thank you Demonspeed. Baseball, eh? I remember watching Touch when I was a child...
 
Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,410
Gender
Male
Country
France
Now that I caught up with Golden Kamuy I am planning to read Housshin Engi since the anime is not a good adaptation.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
I have started
Battle Royale,Cage of Eden and All you need is Kill(The Hollywood movie Edge of Tomorrow is based on this).
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,410
Gender
Male
Country
France
Started reading Houshin Engi.

It's a good thing I put the anime on-hold :nod.
 

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I have started
Battle Royale,Cage of Eden and All you need is Kill(The Hollywood movie Edge of Tomorrow is based on this).
I just finished reading All You Need is Kill and I must it was really good.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I plan on reading Claymore in a few days while I just finished reading Rosario Vampire and Rosario Vampire Season 2 (manga).
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,246
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Recently (last 2 months or so):
- Flowers of Evil (read in one day lol)
- Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki (a delightful school 'romance' with 2 lively mains; highly recommended to fans of that genre).
- Wandering Son

Starting Immortal Rain @Crescent_jinxgrace
 
Top