Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2018] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Black Clover seems like it's growing. But given how the anime is, said growth is slow.
Seems like they were aiming for a small but continuous boost instead of a sudden explosion of popularity with a 51 ep. adaptation.
They didnt want to have another short HeroAca that leads to virtually no results happen again.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I doubt it'll be getting any sort of major further boost if Pierrot keeps going at less than a chapter per ep loading the series up with more filler than canon. Nobody wants to see that any more, especially for a series where the speedy pacing and constant excitement is one of the source material's biggest appeals.

Hopefully Pierrot's Black Clover is the last spurt of a dying age, 2 cour adaptations are a significantly better format for battle shounen (and anything that's not an episodic toy ad really).
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I doubt it'll be getting any sort of major further boost if Pierrot keeps going at less than a chapter per ep loading the series up with more filler than canon. Nobody wants to see that any more, especially for a series where the speedy pacing and constant excitement is one of the source material's biggest appeals.
I think its only you that has an issue with the anime. Its been getting praise as being a good adaptation.

"As an adaptation, however, Black Clover is truly a standout. Regular, small additions to the story interspersed into the main plot that result in an anime that builds upon the characters and themes set out by Yuki Tabata in the manga. Whether as a creative decision, a way to avoid filler, or a little bit of both, Pierrot has struck gold with these extra subplots and character moments that make Black Clover one of the most impressive adaptations I’ve ever seen."
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-fe...lover-may-be-the-best-shonen-anime-adaptation
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
I think its only you that has an issue with the anime. Its been getting praise as being a good adaptation.

"As an adaptation, however, Black Clover is truly a standout. Regular, small additions to the story interspersed into the main plot that result in an anime that builds upon the characters and themes set out by Yuki Tabata in the manga. Whether as a creative decision, a way to avoid filler, or a little bit of both, Pierrot has struck gold with these extra subplots and character moments that make Black Clover one of the most impressive adaptations I’ve ever seen."
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-fe...lover-may-be-the-best-shonen-anime-adaptation
Try reading the comments on the link you posted.
  • now CR is trolling
  • This is the funniest thing I ever read lmao
  • ...Are you kidding?
  • Is this article a satire?
  • Please tell me you're joking.
  • So you're claiming this is better than both 2011 HunterxHunter and FMA Brotherhood? Come on now, let's be real here
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I doubt it'll be getting any sort of major further boost if Pierrot keeps going at less than a chapter per ep l).
The last episode cover two chapters
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I'm gonna be honest. I'm not going into a detailed study of BCs sales before I make these statements.
But I see the weekly sales whenever it's posted here, and the increase is almost minimal at this point. I hardly notice any difference from numbers that were posted previously. So that's why I get the feeling.
That's how I follow sales for most series here but I've noticed a good change in sales for most. Even for something like WT whose increase was slow but gradual.
The last volume came out in December, now we are in January, it never seems obvious that sales have dropped even considering that it was released Neverland, probably a new hen from the golden eggs of Jump.

Let's see the volume 15 to how much it will arrive
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So you're claiming this is better than both 2011 HunterxHunter and FMA Brotherhood? Come on now, let's be real here
Why would one read a comments section and only pick out comments that push my one's own agenda. Dont be biased.

Also to that comment, there are people that prefered the older versions of FMA and HxH, and he said it is one of the most...not THE MOST.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,555
Reaction score
11,295
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Black Clover seems like it's growing. But given how the anime is, said growth is slow.
Seems like they were aiming for a small but continuous boost instead of a sudden explosion of popularity with a 51 ep. adaptation.



The anime is still at the beginning realtively speaking ....

The boost was there anyway ....
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I doubt it'll be getting any sort of major further boost if Pierrot keeps going at less than a chapter per ep loading the series up with more filler than canon. Nobody wants to see that any more, especially for a series where the speedy pacing and constant excitement is one of the source material's biggest appeals.

Hopefully Pierrot's Black Clover is the last spurt of a dying age, 2 cour adaptations are a significantly better format for battle shounen (and anything that's not an episodic toy ad really).
There will always be "long running" battle shounen around regardless of what we think it has a better overall result in terms of money for the studio and the channel that it airs on since it's a constant source of income to where as seasonal while looking visually better isn't nearly as reliable source of income for the studio or channel. That's why I find it kind of a mute point to bring up when this type of conversation is brought up since there is no real guarantee that a seasonal anime will even be watched the season i airs on at least with long running anime there will always be viewers to who will watch it.

Also, and this is just something I've told people who think an anime is slow, thats a matter of personal opinion. Heck I personally find alot of seasonal anime actually being slower then some long running anime out there. While I'm not the biggest advocate for filler in certain cases it's okay to have it even if its not needed take episode 19 in MHA 2nd season people didn't call for pitch-forks for that episode so why bother complaining about it when other anime do it?
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Try reading the comments on the link you posted.
  • now CR is trolling
  • This is the funniest thing I ever read lmao
  • ...Are you kidding?
  • Is this article a satire?
  • Please tell me you're joking.
  • So you're claiming this is better than both 2011 HunterxHunter and FMA Brotherhood? Come on now, let's be real here
This is why I hate anything that isn't straight up news from ANN and CR, what a fucking joke, it's these kinds of garbage opinion pieces that are "articles" that keep me away from ANN and CR's news section, I just use moetron.news. If this isn't satire, it shows just how desperately CR want people to like this show, how disgusting and pathetic, let people decide by themselves how much they like something.

Actually, never mind, they're right, the way BC intentionally makes people not want to watch the anime is brilliant, it really is an amazing anime, since it will force some people to actually read the manga, ah, it all makes sense now. Why loyally adapt the manga when you can just mix in useless fillers and flashbacks so people actually go read the manga.

Why loyally adapt the manga and give it a good adaptation that respects the source material like they did with Haiyku, BNHA, Ass Class, Saiki, HxH 2011, etc.
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
While I'm not the biggest advocate for filler in certain cases it's okay to have it even if its not needed take episode 19 in MHA 2nd season people didn't call for pitch-forks for that episode so why bother complaining about it when other anime do it?
There is a monumental difference between filler after over 30 episodes and filler starting at episode 3.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
There is a monumental difference between filler after over 30 episodes and filler starting at episode 3.
I wouldn't say that if filler is suppose to be as bad as some make it out to be then regardless of when it takes place in the anime it's all bad so why defended one and crucify the other?
 
Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Its not like every anime that only adapts the manga and has no original content always turn out to be amazing adaptations. Theres more to a good anime than just faithful adaptation.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Do you guys expect Black Clover to be longer than 50 episodes?

I remember World Trigger was originally reported to be 50, but went on to have 70ish episodes(with some of it being a filler arc).

With the rate Black Clover is going it doesn’t seem like it cover anywhere near the amount of content that’s available
 

cody

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
1,929
Reaction score
877
Country
Joker
Do you guys expect Black Clover to be longer than 50 episodes?

I remember World Trigger was originally reported to be 50, but went on to have 70ish episodes(with some of it being a filler arc).

With the rate Black Clover is going it doesn’t seem like it cover anywhere near the amount of content that’s available
I honestly hope it is so it keeps Pierrot busy, so they stay away from other things xD. With how bad the pacing is, it's kind of implied that they intend to work on this in the long run.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
This is why I hate anything that isn't straight up news from ANN and CR, what a fucking joke, it's these kinds of garbage opinion pieces that are "articles" that keep me away from ANN and CR's news section, I just use moetron.news. If this isn't satire, it shows just how desperately CR want people to like this show, how disgusting and pathetic, let people decide by themselves how much they like something.

Actually, never mind, they're right, the way BC intentionally makes people not want to watch the anime is brilliant, it really is an amazing anime, since it will force some people to actually read the manga, ah, it all makes sense now. Why loyally adapt the manga when you can just mix in useless fillers and flashbacks so people actually go read the manga.

Why loyally adapt the manga and give it a good adaptation that respects the source material like they did with Haiyku, BNHA, Ass Class, Saiki, HxH 2011, etc.
Woah there, you're getting too overly edgy over a subjective article. 1) is that moetron site the one you linked before? That site was trash and no better than crunchy or ann. 2) I don't agree with that commentator at all, not even close. If I had to rate BC's anime through 15 episodes I'd give it a solid 5.5. Yes, it's funny to see praise of the anime adaptation because of how most on this thread look at the show but at the same time it doesn't make us anymore right or wrong. 3) MHA S2 and HxH 2011 had filler. Nothing extreme like BC is having but it's been stated on this thread that both had filler during canon scenes which just fleshed out the existing source material. Calm down brah... you do this alot but this time it's kinda pointless.
 

CallMeTsuyu

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 1, 2015
Messages
159
Reaction score
203
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I wouldn't say that if filler is suppose to be as bad as some make it out to be then regardless of when it takes place in the anime it's all bad so why defense on and crucify the other?
That's not true, actually. There have been some anime that have made some genuinely good filler arcs that rival even the story of the original manga. Naruto had some pretty entertaining filler at the start and DBZ had one of the greatest filler episodes I've watched in any anime to date. Watching Goku and Piccolo learn how to drive and eventually turn their driving lesson into no-holds-barred drag race was hilarious. And don't get me started on the G-8 arc in One Piece. I mean sure most filler is bad and low effort padding, but some can actually be good. Also, I actually happened to like the Tsuyu filler episode(and no, not because I happen to like Tsuyu as a character). However inconsequential the episode was to the overall series, I thought it gave a little spark to her future motivation(or personal conflict, depending on how you see it) as hero going forward. Or, at least, that was my perception of the episode. Might have just be me reading too much into it.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Filler is best when you don't realize it's filler which fortunately happens often with me. SP overloaded Part 1 Naruto w/ at least 80+ episodes in between Sasuke Retrieval and Part 2. I remember enjoying the whole anime original team up when Konoha 11 helped the Sand Siblings against that weapons guy cause I had no idea it was filler. Other ones I liked were the Three Tails and Six Tails and the Asuma one with 12 guardians but honestly the filler became really low quality in Shippuden that it was hard not to notice.

Also on DBZ Garlic Jr saga I remember enjoying too, but I'm not sure if it was filler.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The stuff in BLack Clover, you only know its filler if someone were to tell you, or if I ave to pull out the manga to check.

Filler is only a problem because super vocal minority never fails to bring it up to everybody and their grandma, manga readers always ruin things no matter the show.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top