The Last Person to Post Wins - Yamask

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Fucking terrible man.

It has all the right looks, all amazing actors.. and the movie is fucking terrible dogshit. Disappointing doesn't even describe my feelings about it.




:emocat
Ah pretty much what I’ve heard so far then. Except this one guy who tried to defend it because it’s called “Paradox” and if you look at it that way it doesn’t have to make sense.

So basically if I make a film and name it This Is Shit, then it’s a good film even if it’s a terrible piece of shit.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Ah pretty much what I’ve heard so far then. Except this one guy who tried to defend it because it’s called “Paradox” and if you look at it that way it doesn’t have to make sense.

So basically if I make a film and name it This Is Shit, then it’s a good film even if it’s a terrible piece of shit.
That doesn't make any sense, what the fuck. Does he know what a paradox is? And that even a paradox has a certain set of rules/laws? :lmao
What a dipshit.

Look, The Emoji Movie was a terrible piece of shit marketing stunt. But that's what it was intended as, that is how I see it. So in that view-point, it's definitely a 10/10 movie. :nod

But the point of The Cloverfield Paradox is something else, it's supposed to teach us more about the Monster and stuff that happened, and in some way it does.
In the end it's just an one-location spacer horror 'slasher' that has all the right looks but fails even more dramatically than the likes of I Still Know What You Did Last Summer. Prometheus was the same, but at least that one had some entertainment value to it, besides it looks.

This movie is a perfect example that a high budget, and amazing actors don't make a movie. The writers do (also the director, but I don't know the guy).

I won't recommend the movie to anyone, but I would still recommend the franchise. This teaches us something more about it, but read the plot-outlines instead. Don't watch the movie. :lmao
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,736
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
I'm not interested in this new one, but I do feel I should watc 10 Cloverfield Lane some day.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,309
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Wait a second
Someone cheated to win this thread ?
How did they do it :arf
Spams aren't allowed right ?
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Yeah, but wasn’t this film a stand-alone film (The God Particle or something?) before Netflix bought it and slapped a Cloverfield-sticker on it, though? Which would make sense as to why the way it explains the monster is good-ish, but the rest is shit. I read that they re-wrote the script to incorporate the Cloverfield story into a totally unrelated script.

This was the case for 10 Cloverfield Lane as well though I think, and that one was pretty good imo, so I guess they just fucked it up with this one.

Edit: Okay, so Netflix didn’t slap the Cloverfield sticker on it, it was Bad Robot themselves, but the rest was right, it seems.
 

Elusia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
11,568
Country
Philippines
Wait a second
Someone cheated to win this thread ?
How did they do it :arf
Spams aren't allowed right ?
Wait since when someone cheated on this thread? :blink
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
I'm not interested in this new one, but I do feel I should watc 10 Cloverfield Lane some day.
You shouldn't be. But why are you not interested?
I feel a lot of people will miss out on this for the wrong reasons. No "actual" marketing is one of them.
While dropping a movie out of nowhere is genius marketing, at that, no one will know if they're not on top of things.

10 Cloverfield Lane is an excellent movie. Best of the three by far. Although I consider the original movie a great one too. :nod

Wait a second
Someone cheated to win this thread ?
How did they do it :arf

Spams aren't allowed right ?
I cheated one time to not win. :teehee
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Some have cheated by deleting an earlier post in the thread if they get #1501, bumping them back to #1500. Stuff like that.
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Yeah, but wasn’t this film a stand-alone film (The God Particle or something?) before Netflix bought it and slapped a Cloverfield-sticker on it, though? Which would make sense as to why the way it explains the monster is good-ish, but the rest is shit. I read that they re-wrote the script to incorporate the Cloverfield story into a totally unrelated script.

This was the case for 10 Cloverfield Lane as well though I think, and that one was pretty good imo, so I guess they just fucked it up with this one.

Edit: Okay, so Netflix didn’t slap the Cloverfield sticker on it, it was Bad Robot themselves, but the rest was right, it seems.
All the films are somewhat, stand-alone. It's an anthology series, it still is. The God Particle was always a rumored name, never officially confirmed to actually be the name. Seeing as they kept basically everything about the movie a secret, the name would be too.

But I don't understand the monster part? Good-ish? As in explaining what 'side' the monster is on or what? Because the movie let's you know how the monster got here, somewhat, but not really. In the end the movie doesn't explain jack-shit.. :lmao
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Wait since when someone cheated on this thread? :blink
When there would actual fights break out over winning this shit. :lmao
 

Elusia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
11,568
Country
Philippines
Some have cheated by deleting an earlier post in the thread if they get #1501, bumping them back to #1500. Stuff like that.
Well that's not nice

Everyone should play fair and square and congratulate the winner :nod
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
When there would actual fights break out over winning this shit. :lmao
Winning this thread is pretty hard for some people. But I don't think it'll result in actual virtual fight :XD
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,309
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
There should be an award for the cheaters .
 

Elusia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
11,568
Country
Philippines
Cheaters shouldn't get anything :hmph
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,736
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
You shouldn't be. But why are you not interested?
I feel a lot of people will miss out on this for the wrong reasons. No "actual" marketing is one of them.
While dropping a movie out of nowhere is genius marketing, at that, no one will know if they're not on top of things.

10 Cloverfield Lane is an excellent movie. Best of the three by far. Although I consider the original movie a great one too. :nod


I cheated one time to not win. :teehee
Out of nowhere? Well kinda. Well, Paradox was bounced from studio to another and there where arguments with the director and producers about cuts to be made so it was a mystery if the film was ever gonna be published until netflix was rumored to buy it. It has been on the production radar quite awhile, so it wasn't really out of nowhere. And then again, it was dropped out without release date or any marketing kinda randomly during Superbowl. So in that sense, out of nowhere.

But the production problems already kinda killed all my hopes for it.

Original Cloverfield was quite fine.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Well that's not nice

Everyone should play fair and square and congratulate the winner :nod
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Winning this thread is pretty hard for some people. But I don't think it'll result in actual virtual fight :XD
Ust went no mercy on Raven when she cheated “as a joke” a while back. Can’t remember how long ago. She got pissed and said she’d never post in these threads again or something like that.

I agree though, cheating is just being a douche even if you do it “as a joke”. More work for the mods, too. Disrespectful. :nod
 

Xadyu

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
5,316
Reaction score
13,240
Gender
Hidden
Country
Cocos Islands
Out of nowhere? Well kinda. Well, Paradox was bounced from studio to another and there where arguments with the director and producers about cuts to be made so it was a mystery if the film was ever gonna be published until netflix was rumored to buy it. It has been on the production radar quite awhile, so it wasn't really out of nowhere. And then again, it was dropped out without release date or any marketing kinda randomly during Superbowl. So in that sense, out of nowhere.

But the production problems already kinda killed all my hopes for it.

Original Cloverfield was quite fine.
In that sense, out of nowhere. Yes. Marketing-wise there wasn't anything besides the very obscure viral marketing, that even I missed at times.
Behind-the-scenes stuff doesn't really count as marketing, imo.

Yeah, those issues are in large numbers these days, haunting all the big and small studios. Too many people behind the scenes that want to get involved, want to tell them what to do. Which usually ends in forced reshoots/cuts and a shit movie.
 

Elusia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
11,568
Country
Philippines
Ust went no mercy on Raven when she cheated “as a joke” a while back. Can’t remember how long ago. She got pissed and said she’d never post in these threads again or something like that.

I agree though, cheating is just being a douche even if you do it “as a joke”. More work for the mods, too. Disrespectful. :nod
Damn.... that's one... story :blink

But glad you agree. Let's all be friendly with the rules. :beer
 
Top